Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: There Goes The Neighborhood

• Start Topic

When a body is found at the construction site of a new high-end housing development, the team races to find the killer amidst a contentious gentrification battle in the neighborhood; Quinlan's mother pays an unexpected visit.

Airdate: 03/12/2023

Of course they wrote the story so that the developer was innocent. 

Of course the cops Suarez interrupted were also innocent.

And if someone is not returning your calls or texts, don't approach them. And if they approach you, don't make a joke about them stalking you, like hahaha stalking is a joke.

This is the first episode I really didn't like.

20 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Of course they wrote the story so that the developer was innocent. 

Even though developer Lustig was not technically guilty of the murder, he created (as I saw it) the motive for the murder with the additional $500K the victim's cheating wife stood to gain when their home was sold to Lustig after the death of her husband, who would not have sold.
Right??? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

If the consultant were worth the salary she was paid, she would have taken Suarez’s pointed demand to “stay there”, and kept her phone in her pocket. I certainly hope he’s learned his lesson and stays well clear of her. 

• Like 3

Anyone else find it funny that an alcoholic named her daughter Brandy?

Also, Mom's still drinking or using, she doesn't have the place in Fall River and... don't care about the mamadrama.

Maybe Killian will leave the force to work for the millionaire. One can hope.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

So I guess that the developer is going to be the "Big Bad" in this show.  He might be innocent of THIS murder, but you know that his hands ain't clean.  Unfortunately, money talks, especially in NYC were political corruption probably isn't all that much different than in the days of Tammany Hall.   And unfortunately,  Suarez is just going to get in deeper with the political consultant, and next, she'll want to run him for Mayor. 

Just ick, ick, ick to Quinlan's mother.  I don't want any of her backstory drama and it makes my eyes roll that we've been told this woman is supposed to be a drinking/drugging mess (and Quinlan seems very blue collar) and who do they get to play dear old "mom" - a very glamourous looking Debi Mazar.    Not that Debi Mazar couldn't be the mother but you'd think that somebody would have made her look like a woman who has been through the mill and not like somebody who seems to have just walked out of Saks Fifth Avenue.  

Killian will probably go moonlight for the rich guy and get mixed up in something very un- kosher.  At least Regina looks like she's going to have some fun and games before the next shoe drops.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 12catcrazy said:

the developer is going to be the "Big Bad" in this show

Those are the only roles I’ve ever seen that actor play. He plays smarmy succubus so well.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Daff said:

Those are the only roles I’ve ever seen that actor play. He plays smarmy succubus so well.

Scott Cohen played one of Lorelai's boyfriends on Gilmore Girls. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/14/2023 at 11:18 PM, kwnyc said:

I would say that maybe she named Brandy after the hit song by Looking Glass of the same name 50 (!) years ago (although I don't know if the mother was born by 1972 (granted, some people (unlike me) like music from before their time)).

• Like 1
2 hours ago, transitfan said:

It's also possible at the time Brandy was born she was, or was on the road to being, a 'functional' alcoholic and did not see any irony in that until later on the path.  Just a guess.

• Like 3