Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Every Character is the Villain

• Start Topic

Bob makes things worse after interfering in Goodwin and Kofo’s ongoing spat. Also, Abishola puts her pride on the line when she realizes she’s been an inattentive friend to Kemi.

Airdate: 03/13/2023

8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Was Kofo paying rent to Goodwin?  If he was, I would think that Goodwin wouldn't want to forgo that, and if he wasn't. he should have been.

I kept wondering about that (if Kofo pays Goodwin any rent) but it was never mentioned.🤔
In a sitcom with a maximum of 17 minutes of new dialog but such a large cast and so many plots, the omission of that information almost feels Chekhovian——like it will be a plot point later on.
But, also, are we to assume Kofo was helping around the house at Goodwin's as much as he was at Bob & Abishola's?
And, have we met Mrs. Goodwin? If Kofo was such a big help, she would probably want Goodwin to get him back.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And, have we met Mrs. Goodwin? If Kofo was such a big help, she would probably want Goodwin to get him back.

She was in one episode where Bob went over and Goodwin and Mrs. Goodwin were talking about Bob in Yoruba.  

Since Goodwin has a decent job now in marketing, he should be able to afford to rent if not put down some money for a place to rent. It's Detroit. Housing is still relatively affordable.  He's only staying with Goodwin and then with Bob for laughs.

The Goodwin/Kofo feud is boring IMHO.  I'm thinking this show is going to tank soon if they don't figure something out.  Why don't they bring back the bus lady who was in love with Douglas or even get Kofo involved with Christina?

• Like 9
56 minutes ago, greekmom said:

She was in one episode where Bob went over and Goodwin and Mrs. Goodwin were talking about Bob in Yoruba.  

Since Goodwin has a decent job now in marketing, he should be able to afford to rent if not put down some money for a place to rent. It's Detroit. Housing is still relatively affordable.  He's only staying with Goodwin and then with Bob for laughs.

The Goodwin/Kofo feud is boring IMHO.  I'm thinking this show is going to tank soon if they don't figure something out.  Why don't they bring back the bus lady who was in love with Douglas or even get Kofo involved with Christina?

I dont think it works that way Abashola would still be living with Auntie and Uncle if she wasn't married to bob and she was making decent money has a nurse

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
54 minutes ago, greekmom said:
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

She and the kids were also in the episode where Goodwin goes to the hospital.

I want to see the relationship with the bus lady develop; something we really can root for and be invested in at least. This show has a large cast; it's easy to forget about their storyline....not enough time or weeks in the season to feature all of them. The bus driver and Douglas has the potential to be a really nice developing storyline....it has a lot of potential growth for Douglas as a person and as a character on this show. 

• Like 1