Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Thrift

• Start Topic

Designers repurpose used clothing.

I thought most of the designers did a pretty good job this time. I am not as enamored with Deontre (or James for that matter) as the judges seem to be, but liked the other look that got the co-top spot.  

Last week the lady who did the upside down sweater skirt with the cut outs said she designs sexy clothes that are sophisticated. Um, I guess I'm old, cuz, for me, if you are showing full hip bone, that is not sophisticated! 

I am left wondering what the piles of rubble that looked like coal with Obi Wan's light saber thrown on top of them have to do with sustainability? 

• Like 4

If I'm watching this episode with a critical eye the set design makes me think that shopping at a thrift store is akin to living in a rubble-filled dystopia. 

Gigi is no better/worse than Alexa Chung was but, man, does her (GH's) voice NOT match up AT ALL with her look. I was expecting something, for lack of a better term, refined sounding. 

• Like 3

‘This doesn’t look like repurposed clothes’, um, yes they did. All of them. A lot of denim. But they only gave them four hours so considering that I think everyone did the best they could. 

(edited)

New word alert: alterate.  

So much denim! 

I like the runway better with just the light effects.  I want to see the clothes—not be distracted by piles of stuff.  Are Deontre and James really good and I’m just not seeing it?  

Edited by gryphon

The judges have to stop with the “I’m obsessed “ and “This is Everything “ remarks. Are you really obsessed with an outfit you will forget about tomorrow? I did think the designers did pretty good with the recycled clothes.

• Like 4

I came here to see if everyone else agreed with me on the awfulness of this second season and apparently I’m at a table for one. I often repurpose clothes and there’s no way I would ever wear any of that stuff.  The focus this year seems to be on streetwear designs yet they keep saying they’re looking for something new and not seen before. Then they keep giving the win to basically oversized hoodies And baggy pants which we’ve all seen before! Season 1 had some truly unique designs. This one so far in my opinion is terrible. I think I’m out. 

• Like 4
On 3/15/2023 at 1:14 PM, Madding crowd said:

The judges have to stop with the “I’m obsessed “ and “This is Everything “ remarks. Are you really obsessed with an outfit you will forget about tomorrow? I did think the designers did pretty good with the recycled clothes.

They can also stop with the “I’m so proud of you!!”

I recognize that they only had four hours, but every outfit looked like a musty, dirty pile of rags to me. 

• Like 1

It seems like you have strong opinions about the second season of a fashion-related show. People's tastes and preferences can vary widely, and it's entirely valid to have different views on design choices and the overall direction of a season. Fashion is subjective, and what one person appreciates, another may not.

Expressing your perspective on the lack of uniqueness in the streetwear designs and your disappointment in the overall outcome of the season is a valuable contribution to the conversation around the show. It's common for viewers to have varying reactions to changes in format, style focus, or judging criteria.

As for the comment about the toilet rug, it appears there was a memorable or unexpected moment in the show that stood out to you. Such moments can add an interesting element to the viewing experience, and it's not uncommon for viewers to share their reactions to these moments.

Whether positive or critical, sharing your thoughts on a show or any form of creative expression can contribute to a diverse and engaging discussion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and it's okay if yours differ from the majority.