Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E15: Damage Control

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Kidd, Seager and Carver investigate a fire at the city stables. Kylie clashes with some of the firefighters over changes due to budget cuts. Herrmann struggles to keep it together as Cindy's condition worsens.

Airdate: 03/01/2023

Kylie is tough!

The cancer storyline is rough. Poor Cindy. Looks like Lee Henry is really stepping up while Herman is at work. 

For having to re-write on short notice, good cover story for Taylor’s LOA. Low drama, easy for him to return when he’s ready and easy to off-screen send him to OFI if his leave needs to be extended. With no injuries or death or mental health crises the production team is clearly expecting Taylor to return.

• Like 1

I was surprised Hermann didn't just ask Sylvie to bring by an IV to hydrate Cindy rather than drag her to the ER. And there's no one to help out with her? Don't they have any other family or doesn't their (very good) insurance cover home nurse visits at least?

Just when I thought OFI Gal's godawful too-short hair could not look worse, she colored it piss yellow. Will she always be chasing after Stella's sloppy seconds?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Just when I thought OFI Gal's godawful too-short hair could not look worse, she colored it piss yellow. Will she always be chasing after Stella's sloppy seconds?

Not only that, but she pissed me off questioning Carver's doubts about her abilities.  Apparently girl bosses can NEVER be wrong about anything. 

Regarding the dialogue surrounding the patient in the vein clinic, Brett says the air bubble is in the ventricle, and may pass on to the lung where it may kill her.  Well, by the way, the air bubble is already in the ventricle of the heart, where it's immediately dangerous.  Not that it would change anything at scene, unless someone steps up with some heroic, way-bigger-than-medic lifesaving skills and cures her on the spot.  

I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the stable fire.  An immersive heater is placed in water to warm it up, right?  (Does anyone remember that scene in Yellowstone where Beth comes out to the cow trough with an immersive heater?)  How did it get underneath a bale of hay?  You gotta be some kind of stupid to drop a bale of hay onto a heating device.  I did get a laugh that OFI Captain is stuck with a bale of hay that she will likely have to tear apart to make sure there's no residual fire inside.

I'm glad they gave Hermann a good, tough storyline.  The comedy relief stuff was getting old.

17 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Hated that hair.  It looked like it was plastered on her head.  She should grow it out and go back to dark.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

And I thought the helmet head style was bad enough, it's even worse now dyed blonde. I don't get it. She's a lovely girl, why such an unattractive hairstyle?

I feel sorry for the kid having to go through life knowing he killed his uncle.

I didn't get where that woman was - a vein clinic? I never knew there were such things.

I hate this cancer story for Cindy and Christopher. It's so depressing and hard to watch. This isn't Chicago Med. I can't think of any reason they'd do this if they aren't going to kill Cindy off, either.

Now that Severide's gone I guess Stella has to do all the investigatin'. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Now that Severide's gone I guess Stella has to do all the investigatin'. 

I guess in her defense, she is the only available officer at the house.  Severide is gone and they didn't give him a replacement yet, and Herrmann is overwhelmed.  I don't know if it's normal for OFI to use the firefighters who fought the fire in real life, but I suppose it does make sense, so I just go with it for the show's sake.  

On 3/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

I was surprised Hermann didn't just ask Sylvie to bring by an IV to hydrate Cindy rather than drag her to the ER. And there's no one to help out with her? Don't they have any other family or doesn't their (very good) insurance cover home nurse visits at least?

As a Catholic family, I'd expect both of them to have siblings and other family.  I'd expect them to want to help with the kids, would bring over lots of meals, and run errands.  I can't imagine Cindy would have no family at all around her during this.  But, it's tv drama, so the firehouse is their only family.

• Like 2
On 3/1/2023 at 9:08 PM, anna0852 said:

The cancer storyline is rough. Poor Cindy. Looks like Lee Henry is really stepping up while Herman is at work. 

I really hate the cancer story.  It’s just not needed.  But, does Hermann have no days off?  I know we don’t see every day on the show but it seems like he hasn’t taken any time off for his wife.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

Just when I thought OFI Gal's godawful too-short hair could not look worse, she colored it piss yellow.

I actually kinda like it.

• Like 2