Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E16: Call Me Worth the Wait

• Start Topic

Max is an idiot just for changing those song lyrics. They're objectively terrible! They felt awkward with the tune, clashed with the guitar, and the French words just made the whole thing sound pretentious but not smart. Also my dude - even if you hadn't played the better version for Kat first, you know you wrote those new lyrics about Brigitte, so why in the hell would you play it in any crowd that includes your new girlfriend?

That being said, I am glad to see Brigitte's actress again. She's fun.

Interesting to see that Sheila's advice is as crappy as her attitude. Kat should not be blaming herself for Max being a douche, but I guess we can see where she learned to turn someone else's crappy behavior to her into a personal failing.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

They're objectively terrible! They felt awkward with the tune, clashed with the guitar, and the French words just made the whole thing sound pretentious but not smart. Also my dude - even if you hadn't played the better version for Kat first, you know you wrote those new lyrics about Brigitte, so why in the hell would you play it in any crowd that includes your new girlfriend?

This is the truth.  The new lyrics are terrible and the original lyrics are more aligned with something that'd be heard in a country song. 

But even if he did write about his ex, it's fine. People write about past experiences.  The problem is that  he should have given Kat some warning that he had changed the lyrics and why. And that he was speaking about a different time in his life that he felt fit the song better.  She might have still had some feelings but at least it'd show she's his priority.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, greekmom said:

The only thing I liked was Kat speaking Klingon.

I honestly don't get Max and Kat - they HAVE NOTHING in common.

Kat speaking Klingon is better than her trying to sound sexy.  This episode made me realize that's one of the things that annoys me about her.

• Like 6

Max is an idiot.  It's like he was trying to sabotage their relationship on purpose.  Kat would never understand why he changed the lyrics from about her to Brigitte.  Max and Kat making out in the police car was icky.  As has been said many times before, they have no chemistry.

I'm surprised they brought back Brigitte.  She was the best part of the episode.

• Like 5

Me, looking through the producers’ list to figure out who told Mayim that it was okay to beat-box, dance and sing in this episode:

Oh, right.

The dancing was actually decent but the beat-boxing and *especially* the singing was especially heinous and cringe-worthy.  Truly, a single threat.

I think in the early seasons, she’d be clocked for trying too hard but now it seems like we’re supposed to find everything totally adorable and charming.

I know it was probably mandated by Fox, but I couldn’t get over the Super Bowl episode — Kat’s a geek but she totally loves sports!  So relatable!  Throwing awkward Murder Mystery Parties?  Yes.  Throwing an elaborate Super Bowl Party?  I’m not quite buying it.

I guess Kat and Max *do* share something in common - a tin-ear, because if he honestly can’t tell that the original lyrics are superior, I worry about him.

Happy to see Brigette again.

Also, how did I forget that Max and Kat hadn’t said “I Love You” yet?  You *moved in together* and are playing it slow with the L Word?  

• Like 4

I think the show's attempt at making Max so clueless as comedy thing fell flat.  It just rubbed me the wrong way.  They keep making him look like such a douche.  They overdo everything.  I liked the use of Brigitte and the slapstick with Kat falling, etc., but the execution always seems to lack somewhat on this show.  I felt like it was trying to be more like "Miranda" in some ways in this episode but as usual it feels like it tries too hard and doesn't come off quite so funny.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 3/2/2023 at 8:34 PM, PinkRibbons said:

That being said, I am glad to see Brigitte's actress again. She's fun.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:02 PM, CrystalBlue said:

I'm surprised they brought back Brigitte.  She was the best part of the episode.

She was the best thing about the episode, I hope it's not the last time we see her.

• Like 3

I think the show is trying to reverse the trope of "hot wife with schlubby husband" but I think it worked better when they showed how well the two of them got along as friends. Ever since they've become a couple, they've been fighting over everything and we don't see them having fun together or understanding each other anymore. The rapport is gone and they just seem like two people forced to live together for no known reason, like if they were in a green card marriage or something like that.

• Like 2

I was so shocked and delighted to see Brigitte again, the actress is hilarious. 

Max and Kat really seem to have nothing in common and they aren't exactly setting the screen on fire with chemistry, I don't really get why they want to be together. They seem to be annoyed by each other and their interests all of the time and are both really tone death to each other, especially Max. How is Max so stupid that he would think that Kat wouldn't be pissed at him singing a song about how great his ex girlfriend is? 

At least we saw a cute kitty! Even if Kat about scared that poor woman away. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 1