Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: The Eyes Do Not See What the Mind Does Not Want

• Start Topic

If Kris is that bad off pysically/mentally shouldn't she be trying to find a good doctor instead of a pharmacy? If she had prescriptions for her meds why didn't she bring her meds with her?

Do we have a betting pool for how many of these idiots stay together?

• Like 2
On 2/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, sauce62 said:

Observations: Isabel's daughter Sara is stunning!

She sure is, which makes me nervous. A straight guy is a straight guy, trans or no. Moms with gorgeous teenage girls in the house need to be extra skeptical.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

Someone has to sit Jen down and explain that she's essentially Rishi's "dirty little secret".  She's like his mistress, set up  in an apartment.  Jenny did this for God knows how long and I'm frankly surprised she's still there.  Jen should have held out going to India until Rishi told his family he was marrying her and they accepted her (which would be never).  Or at the least, do it on a visit, not when you've committed yourself to India.

I'm assuming (please) that if anything sketchy happens in any country, like a guy trying to hide an American's passport, that TLC would step in and call a halt.  If that happened in real life, I would be out the bathroom window and on my way home, even if I lost everything.

Both Oussama and Mahmoud are pinging my gaydar bells.  Oussama is pinging the con man bell really loud.  I wish the son would at least go to Morocco with his dingaling mother.

I too would have gone to India on a visit and formalized any engagement before moving there. Some people are in love with love, and having a long engagement just stalls things. You like the ring and being off the market, such that it is. It is not fair if the fiancé feels differently. More chance of breaking up. Jen should also have asked Rishi about any cultural expectations, including arranged marriages. Why waste my time. He can only hide from his parents for so long without being disowned. He likes the idea of the American fiancé, but why. Fess up to his family. Jen is the collateral damage.

In real life, I would lock my passport so my fiancé could not hide it. I would probably also take photographs of its pages and put it on a cloud space and a USB stick so I have a copy in case the Embassy needs it. And keep a private email addy. The production crew adds some safety when there is filming, but you are alone a lot.

Both Oussama and Mahmoud are not quite what they seem. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 2/25/2023 at 7:00 PM, DEL901 said:

And I thought it was a little sad how the other lady was so excited that they could hang out and be friends.   I imagine she is lonely.  

She's not allowed to leave the house without a relative, so she's probably chomping at the bit to drag Nicole out with her shopping so she can get a break from her kids. 

My guess is that she's a Uyghur and may have tried to leave China so she wouldn't be persecuted. Unfortunately, Chinese Muslims/Uyghurs in Egypt have been rounded up and shipped back to China at China's request. Here's hoping she gets to enjoy a little life and doesn't get stuck back in a re-education camp in China.

• Sad 2
On 2/27/2023 at 12:53 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

I question Nicole's commitment to living in Egypt for a number of reasons, but not the least of which is her lack of dedication to learning how to say the most basic words, like hijab. Because really Nicole? "HiGAB?" Really?? Gimme a break.

"Higab" is the pronunciation of hijab in areas of Egypt.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Overall, The Other Way franchise has a terrible success rate. 

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that none of them last.

On 2/28/2023 at 12:14 PM, sauce62 said:

Jen's eyes tho! The bottom whites of her eyes show too much and she looks deranged.

OMG, thank you! I couldn't figure out what was driving me bonkers about her eyes. I was like, "Did she get cat-eye surgery? What is bugging me?" She looks like she accidentally took double methadone dose for the day or something.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Did you know that Stephanie Kris has an illness(es)? And it's Colombia, not Columbia.

Nicole looked way better with any of the other hair colors she had, especially the red. She's so wan with the blonde and looks almost non-human, like an AI. Definitely agree that it must be the TLC $$ because the majority of the time she seems downright miserable.

• Like 1

I don’t think they get much money… I’m sure the “fame” and the chance to widen their social media reach influences their decision.  That said, Nicole is such  an idiot.  Her husband can’t single-handedly change Egyptian culture for her.  It would be one thing if she just arrived, but this is trip 2 or 3.  And she converted.  She does not understand the seriousness of this.   

DD4F46F6-8DDE-474F-8FCE-1391C62AA7C1.jpeg

• Useful 1

Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one who saw the preview of Oussama at the airport and thought "Oh my God, the Moroccan Michael Jackson, and he's going to step off into the "Billie Jean" dance across the parking lot"?

Someone who's more knowledgeable than I about Egypt can verify if it's common that wives don't meet their husband's friends.  I knew that observant Muslims do separate men and women at the mosque, and just like many other cultures, there are/were "men's places" and "women's places".  At any rate, Mahmood was acting like a nervous little rodent in the cafe and at the restaurant, and the gaydar sirens are going off like the tornadoes last week.  I'll just say it, folks, I think he's found the perfect beard, if she stays.  I can't believe Nicole is pushing 40.  A goldfish has more common sense.

(The gaydar is strong for Oussama, too, and something will go very wrong.  But darn it, he loves cats and animals, and there's something about him that I just like, so far.)

If I were Jaymi, I'm running for the hills, not the altar.  Two days in  brought more red flags than a bullfight in Madrid.

I also stand on my above statement that Jen is being set up as Rishi's secret.  She's marginally more intelligent than Jenny in the sense that she's not going to wait a darn decade to get her man.  I think she's out of there before the end of the season.

I'll say it also, Danielle is the biggest bitch in all the time of this show.  I'm not counting some of the characters, like Anfisa, who were at least honest about being a bitch.  Danielle thinks she's right!  Who brings up a very painful memory to her "husband", who has virtually no English, and argues over and over that he lied?  He got a girl pregnant, she lost the baby, that's it.  Or maybe I'm wrong?  I think Yohan means that she lost the baby, either way.

And if we're going to talk about liars, Danielle, You deceived Yohan when you married him knowing full well you wanted to live in the D.R. and were massively in debt so you couldn't have sponsored him anyway.  I'm not saying Yohan's an angel, but now on top of losing a child, he's soon to lose his marriage and probably all hope for getting to the U.S.

• Like 2

Debbie's boyfriend is so young, that she is similar to a pedophile? Why does TLC encourage and pay for this? Nasty. She needs a guardian at this point it looks like.

3 minutes ago, Meh said:

Debbie's boyfriend is so young, that she is similar to a pedophile? Why does TLC encourage and pay for this? Nasty. She needs a guardian at this point it looks like.

He's what 24 ? More than old enough to make his own decision on who he sleeps with which makes her NOT a pedophile (unless the definition changed) but more a dirty old lady in the same vein as a man would be a dirty old man.

3 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

He's what 24 ? More than old enough to make his own decision on who he sleeps with which makes her NOT a pedophile (unless the definition changed) but more a dirty old lady in the same vein as a man would be a dirty old man.

Agree. He is a legal adult.  Pedophiles prey on children.  

The age difference is not illegal or immoral.   Maybe icky to some, but as long as they don’t care, it is their business.  

On 2/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

He seems very uncomfortable around her.  Calling her "my love" all the time, and I mean all the time, doesn't seem like it's coming naturally.  It's like he read it in a book or something.

What do you mean, my love? Don't you add that to every sentence to everyone, my love? It is so natural, my love!

On 2/27/2023 at 7:21 PM, MrBuhBye said:

He lives with mommy, she probably does all that for him.  She even said she wants a daughter-in-law so someone else could take over the household duties. 

That was crazy to me that she stated it so plainly. 

• Like 1