Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Run Like Hell

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I think Carver is planning to kill himself. He’s way too calm and ‘okay’.

I don’t really care about whatever is going on with Van Meter but I’m betting Serveride is detailed back to OFI as 

Spoiler

Cover for Taylor’s leave of absence 

• Like 2

I laughed at Ritter's comment at the fire scene.  "You know, there are all kinds of toxic chemicals from that fire downstairs".  Which is why you're wearing an SCBA, right?  Ritter also has balls bigger than his brain.  Go ahead and threaten the City Treasurer.  Trust me, you don't have the clout that he does.  The worst that can happen is that his affair is discovered.  Everything else is hearsay, even if Boden gets involved, and Ritter is a lowly firefighter.  Oh, by the way, you just ruined your uniform shirt working underneath the apparatus.  That grease isn't coming out.

Personally, I don't understand the locker room scenes.  When I went off shift, I was out the door, unless I came off a call or something.  Changed my clothes at home.  But, I understand it provides some method of plot furtherance.

Hey Stella; firefighters wake up sick sometimes.  They're not required to justify or plan their absence every time.  Showing up at his doorstep was a violation of his privacy, and, if he did happen to be seriously ill, a really stupid move on her part.  Maybe in the CFD Lieutenants have the authority to bounce people off their apparatus, but I'm willing to bet that it has to go a lot higher up the food chain than just threatening an employee.

Where exactly was the snow that the kid was getting the snowblower ready to use?

3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Serveride is detailed back to OFI

Now Mouch can have telephone consultations with him as he branches out into his newly found area of expertise.

• Like 1

I don’t really care about whatever is going on with Van Meter

Who the hell is Van Meter? That closing scene with Kelly and Stella went right over my head.

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the City Treasurer. 

I thought it was cute that Cindy wanted gossip from the fire station. But I'm confused about whether everyone knows she has cancer. I thought Herrmann onlly told Boden. We didn't see him tell anyone else. But clearly Ritter knows, so does everyone know? If they do why were they wondering why he was acting so weird without considering it might be because of Cindy?

Personally, I don't understand the locker room scenes.  When I went off shift, I was out the door, unless I came off a call or something.  Changed my clothes at home.  But, I understand it provides some method of plot furtherance.

I commented on this last week but whenever someone is at the lockers there is always water running in the background Always. I guess they throw that in to make it seem more lockerroom-ish, but it's like someone is showering 24/7. 

Maybe in the CFD Lieutenants have the authority to bounce people off their apparatus, but I'm willing to bet that it has to go a lot higher up the food chain than just threatening an employee.

Ugh, don't you know Stella is all powerful and can fire anyone she wants, unhindered by union reps or higher ups? She is Stella after all.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Who the hell is Van Meter? That closing scene with Kelly and Stella went right over my head.

Van Meter was the fire captain from Ep. 11 whose work was called into question by the insurance investigator.  Severide stood by him and cleared him, but my guess is that some off camera shenanigans are being written in so that Severide will be taken out of the station somehow, to pair up with Kinney's leave of absence.

• Like 2
On 2/22/2023 at 11:40 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Hey Stella; firefighters wake up sick sometimes.  They're not required to justify or plan their absence every time.  Showing up at his doorstep was a violation of his privacy, and, if he did happen to be seriously ill, a really stupid move on her part.  Maybe in the CFD Lieutenants have the authority to bounce people off their apparatus, but I'm willing to bet that it has to go a lot higher up the food chain than just threatening an employee.

I’ve never been a firefighter but I’ve represented fire departments in employment matters, and that whole thing was absolutely baffling. People can call in sick. It’s not a big deal, and their supervisors should leave them alone. It’s not like he didn’t let anyone know. And that conversation between Kidd and Severide about how his guys only call in sick if they’re dying was bizarre too. 

• Like 2