Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: When We Are in Need

• Start Topic

On 6/5/2023 at 4:43 PM, TaurusRose said:

Probably because we are their caretakers and responsible for their safety. Domestic animals bond with us and trust us. They will often go against instinct to please their human. They do not ask to be put in dangerous situations so yeah, I’m all about caring about what happens to a dog or cat or horse or whatever. Humans have the capacity to make choices and do better. I never heard of Luck and was unaware that horses had died. I am sorry that happened and I’m glad the show was shutdown. 

I already know all the reasons people will say they care more about animals. The notion is still silly to me. But, it is what it is.

I've seen references here to the preacher being a serial killer.

Is this because he and his followers killed people in the surrounding areas and used them for food, or was there something more to it than that?

It was clearly very morally dubious to go out and kill people the way they did, but I wouldn't use the term "serial killer" for that. Just like I wouldn't use the term "serial killer" to describe Joel or Tommy back when they killed to survive. (It usually refers to someone who kills multiple people for pleasure, over a certain period of time.)

• Like 2
(edited)

The one illogical plot device in the series (given that it's about fungi-ridden zombies) to me was the cult guy actually bringing medicine. Why would he do that? He would know that psycho pedo pastor wouldn't let Ellie go.

Edited by JeanJean
On 6/6/2023 at 4:09 PM, Racj82 said:

I already know all the reasons people will say they care more about animals. The notion is still silly to me. But, it is what it is.

I only started having these visceral reactions to animals getting killed or injured on TV since I got my own two cats a few years ago. Ever since, I noticed, I'm having a lot more issues in that area.

Although I always cringed when horses would fall down. I always worried about them breaking something. It takes me right out of a show/movie.

As to this part of the show, it's the one I like the least. It has too many elements where the suspension of disbelief doesn't work for me anymore. And, as also mentioned, the cliché of the pedophile/preacher with a cult of cannibals who monologues. Just too much.