Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: It’s An Ill Wind That Blows Nobody Good

DanaK
  • Start Topic

02/15/2023 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : A brutal storm rocks Chicago. Will encourages Dr. Grace Song to go against her own findings for the benefit of their patient. Hannah rushes to the hospital to help Archer's pregnant patient. Maggie's concern for Ben consumes her. 

Disasters are not my favorite theme on hospital shows.  This one wasn’t so bad, though.  

I agree with the machine that doctors who are overly tired should not be performing surgery. Crockett needs to get over himself.  

Will really annoys me.  For a moment, I thought the aunt would die and he would adopt the little ginger haired boy.  Lol

Looks like Maggie will be happy again.  Will her odd behavior continue?  

• Like 4

There was, what, a couple of inches of snow on the ground when the MRAP came upon the scene of the MVA on the bridge, and there were no other vehicles out? I dunno about Chicago but out this way it would have been the exact opposite, roads jammed with cars. They could have had their pick. And why were they cold in the vehicle after the crash? It couldn't move, but the engine would still have been able to run to keep them warm. And the national guardsman had a radio to call for assistance. He can't have been the only ING vehicle in the city.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The story of the woman with mental health issues was interesting. That young doctor needs to learn to listen to the nurses when they need to warn a doctor about something, and Maggie ended up getting hurt. I wonder if Maggie has to take some medication for possible HIV exposure given how poor the woman's health was? I didn't hear mention of that

Glad to see Archer's son take some initiative and rescue Asher and the guardsman. Maybe it will bring Archer closer to his son

And Doctor Song has decided to double down being a robot

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 1

Yeah, the doctor getting so close to a distraught patient seemed contrived.  He seemed way too unaware of his surroundings.  And they were warned a stabbing culprit was on the loose.  Maggie sort of created that though by letting in a stranger with no check for weapons.  There’s a reason random people can’t just gain access to the hospital.  

On 2/16/2023 at 9:44 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree with the machine that doctors who are overly tired should not be performing surgery. Crockett needs to get over himself.  

I agree too but he was in the middle of the procedure when 2.0 all of a sudden decided he couldn’t continue.  What if someone else wasn’t able to step in and finish the procedure?  What happens then?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, KeithJ said:

I agree too but he was in the middle of the procedure when 2.0 all of a sudden decided he couldn’t continue.  What if someone else wasn’t able to step in and finish the procedure?  What happens then?

2.0 is able to see that there is a capable other doctor on hand, i guess and that would be weighed with crocket's tiredness. if nobody else available, better to prroceed? 

How much you wanna bet that in a future "Very Special Episode," OR 2.0 is going to have its "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that" moment and put paid to the entire storyline (and invariably a Very Special Patient).

Every time I see the title of this episode I can't help but think about an oboe, which is often described as an ill wind that nobody blows good.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, limecoke said:

I can’t get past Goodwin saying they were expecting “10 inches if ice.”  Surely she must mean snow. Does Chicago get 10 inch ice accumulation?  Anyone?

That got me too. California-based writers have no sense of winter. ONE inch of ice accretion (i.e. clear ice, from freezing rain) would bring down a huge percentage of the grid in the city. TWO inches would be Chicago's "Katrina." No electricity for weeks or perhaps over a month since thousands of primary and secondary power lines would be down, no cable, no copper telephone wires, most fuel stations would be unable to pump gas to refuel vehicles and generators, and extreme difficulty moving food and water where needed. As opposed to 10 inches of snow in Chicago, which is called "Tuesday."

• LOL 3