Type keyword(s) to search

Jen and Rishi

• Start Topic

After meeting in a hotel lobby on a trip to India, Jen 48 (OKLAHOMA) took a hard pass on Rishi 32 (INDIA). Fast forward a month, she said yes to his marriage proposal. Rishi(INDIA) is facing a lot of pressure from his family as they want to set up an arranged marriage and to make matters more complicated, they have no idea about his relationship with Jen.

• Like 1

I thought surgery isn’t recommended unless the patient is at least 100 pounds overweight.  If she was 200 she could have lost the weight via diet and exercise.  Also her brother doesn’t look obese and her mom has some extra weight but not unusual at that age.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I thought surgery isn’t recommended unless the patient is at least 100 pounds overweight.  If she was 200 she could have lost the weight via diet and exercise.  Also her brother doesn’t look obese and her mom has some extra weight but not unusual at that age.

Yea I don’t think she needed it. According to Dr. Google she is in the range BMI wise for this procedure, though barely. She wanted a quick fix but this type of surgery can be dangerous. Not surprisingly she is an extremely impulsive person.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 4
23 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Yea I don’t think she needed it. According to Dr. Google she is in the range BMI wise for this procedure, though barely. She wanted a quick fix but this type of surgery can be dangerous. Not surprisingly she is an extremely impulsive person.

Yes, it is dangerous. I know someone who had it done. IMHO, they were in no way a candidate for anything but good diet and exercise, even if it took too long. But, where this person is from, these things seem to be done regardless. It did not go well for them. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Yes, it is dangerous. I know someone who had it done. IMHO, they were in no way a candidate for anything but good diet and exercise, even if it took too long. But, where this person is from, these things seem to be done regardless. It did not go well for them. 

I should add, this person is no longer with us. Left behind children. 

• Sad 7

Apparently you just have to be obese, but not morbidly obese to qualify: “For a gastric balloon, you must have a BMI over 27, but for the gastric sleeve, you must have a BMI over 40, or at least one obesity-related disease and a BMI over 35.”

The balloon only stays in place for “up to six months”, then it has to be removed but can be replaced. Maybe that explains her later trips to India. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Apparently you just have to be obese, but not morbidly obese to qualify: “For a gastric balloon, you must have a BMI over 27, but for the gastric sleeve, you must have a BMI over 40, or at least one obesity-related disease and a BMI over 35.”

The balloon only stays in place for “up to six months”, then it has to be removed but can be replaced. Maybe that explains her later trips to India. 

Multiple surgeries seem extra risky.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
37 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Multiple surgeries seem extra risky.  

Supposedly, it's considered a minimally invasive procedure done during an endoscopy in about 20 minutes. My guess is that if she still had a balloon, she had it attended to in the US during Covid. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

This makes me so mad! Jen, in her professional capacity as a Speech Language Pathologist, comparing Rishi's speech to a two year old's ENGLISH! “As an SLP, based on my experience, Rishi is not meeting developmental milestones in the area of speech and language. (e.g. ‘I have fiancee’)…” Jen added, “We have some work to do,” and posted an infographic about language development. It showed that, by two years of age, most children can speak 150–300 words with 2-3 word sentences.

The sentence structure between different languages varies greatly and Rishi isn't learning English "from scratch" like a baby, he's translating it in his head based on his native tongue. It's especially hypocritical because I don't recall ever hearing HER attempt to speak Hindi beyond "namaste." 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, magemaud said:

This makes me so mad! Jen, in her professional capacity as a Speech Language Pathologist, comparing Rishi's speech to a two year old's ENGLISH! “As an SLP, based on my experience, Rishi is not meeting developmental milestones in the area of speech and language. (e.g. ‘I have fiancee’)…” Jen added, “We have some work to do,” and posted an infographic about language development. It showed that, by two years of age, most children can speak 150–300 words with 2-3 word sentences.

The sentence structure between different languages varies greatly and Rishi isn't learning English "from scratch" like a baby, he's translating it in his head based on his native tongue. It's especially hypocritical because I don't recall ever hearing HER attempt to speak Hindi beyond "namaste." 

Yeah some languages don’t use articles so it wouldn’t be all that strange.

Saw this on Reddit 

IMG_1756.png

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Wait…. Jen is A Speech Language therapist?!?? I’m not 100% sure what that is exactly; but it’s still mind blowing considering her intense vocal fry. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

Now can the 90 Day Fiance franchise part ways with Jen and Randi and whoever else is in the squad ?? My hate and disrespect will always be, but I will try to erase the memories of their time on the Show. If their time as "Pillow Talkers" comes to an end, that would ease the pain. 

I bake goodies in several languages. Will send bribes to Sharp, etc. C'mon, for Christmas ??  🙏

• LOL 4