Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast of Us: Favorite Roles of the Cast

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Starting this topic because I just watched Catherine Called Birdy and loved Bella Ramsey in it. I actually momentarily forgot that most people would recognize her from GoT. 

Im a die hard Anna Torv fan. Even when everyone was blasting her when Fringe started, I could tell it was purposeful, so I’ll follow her anywhere.

• Like 3

I only watched a handful of Fringe episodes, but I've liked Anna Torv in other shows.

Pedro Pascal: I've also loved him in several shows. I'm not a die-hard game of thrones fan, I really took notice of him in Narcos. I also got into the Mandalorian, because of him. 

• Like 1

If you like Pedro Pascal, you should watch The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.  He is really great in that, as is Nicholas Cage. It's not what you expect, but it had me laughing throughout and glued to the edge of my seat. 

• Like 4
On 1/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, cardigirl said:

Fringe is a wonderful show, thanks for the information that it's available on HBO Max. I'll have to rewatch. Definitely worth watching for Anna Torv, but the entire cast was great! John Noble and Joshua Jackson!  @maystone definitely try it again. 

I didn't read anything about this show before I started it, so I was thrilled to see Anna Torv.

Spoiler

I'm gutted that she's already gone.

(Spoiler for episode two.)

"Fringe" is one of my favorite shows ever, and I watch a lot of TV. I have a quote from Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble) tattooed on my arm: "Every relationship is reciprocal. When you touch something, it touches you."

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I don't know where to put this but here it goes: this is not a show I thought I would like but I am enjoying it a lot. I don't play games - the last game I played was Pacman, Atari before that (old me) - and I had never seen any of the actors anywhere else. I know Bella Ramsey had been in Game of Thrones but I never watched that. I guess I am just enjoying the two main character too much. The actors have incredible chemistry and I don't even pay attention to the story, I can just ignore whatever blunders or exaggerations are in there. I can even ignore the gore and violence. Kudos to those two for keeping me interested in a TV show where the writing is not the main part (I watch TV shows for the writing, or I hate watch for the snark. This show, I watch for the two actors)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, circumvent said:

I don't know where to put this but here it goes: this is not a show I thought I would like but I am enjoying it a lot. I don't play games - the last game I played was Pacman, Atari before that (old me) - and I had never seen any of the actors anywhere else.

You should definitely watch a sci-fi movie The Prospect (2018) with Pedro Pascal. You'll find some similarities to TLoU.

32 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

You should definitely watch a sci-fi movie The Prospect (2018) with Pedro Pascal. You'll find some similarities to TLoU.

Not a big fan of sci-fi. I like the two actors together in this show, not sure if I have the stomach for the genre in another show either. Like I said, the story in this show is not why I enjoy it.

I know Pedro Pascal originally from Narcos. I was severely traumatized by his role on GOT. Not a Star Wars fan I decided to watch Mandalorian for him and fell in love at first sight with a certain little green puppet.

I find it funny that Pedro Pascal has made a cottage industry out of playing daddy to an assortment of vulnerable creatures.

Self-sacrifice is the daddy MO and the young have to learn what loss is. So I am trying to keep a certain perspective here.

• Like 3

Late to the party but I’ve only just started watching. I had no idea Anna Torv was in this and happy to see her pop up on the screen. For the last few years she’s been working at home here in Australia, check out The Newsreader or Fires. She was also great in Secret City a few years back (set in my home city).