Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Bob and Abishola are at odds over whether Dele is ready to get behind the wheel and decide to take matters into their own hands. Also, Christina offers Douglas some work advice only to watch him claim her ideas as his own.

Airdate: 01/16/2023

Generally giving a car to a teenager is like giving them their own apartment on wheels, even if they are a straight A student. 
I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out Dele would be using the car to relieve Abishola and Bob of having to take their mothers places. 
Great comedic call back to the opening scene.

Most satisfying scene was Christina eating Douglas’s cheese cake and then smushing it in his face.

Douglas isn’t mean or conniving; he just wants to avoid being on the receiving end of the wrath of high strung managers like Dottie, Bob, and Goodwin.

• Like 5

I miss Bob at the office and hate Goodwin as President. Bob should have stayed President with Goodwin as VP, Douglas floor manager and Christina and Kofo as media and marketing.

The manufacturing plant is such a bad idea.

I actually enjoyed the scenes between Tayo and Bob.  Liked that Dele got the car and has to chauffeur his grandmothers.  I also enjoyed that Dele called Dottie 'grandmother'.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

I still get a kick out of how Ebun and Dottie get along so well.

Olu glowing when she comes to get Tunde at the factory was some good acting/lighting/whatever they did to make that scene.

I don't usually like Tayo, but I didn't mind him this week. I actually had a problem with Bob taking Dele to learn to drive without getting his learner's permit first. Even aside from how he hid it from Abishola, it just seemed like a bad idea to do it without the permit. But I enjoyed his desire to find something to bond with Dele over. I wonder if they find something, after Tayo already covered fishing and driving and everything else Bob could think of. I also liked that Bob didn't take the bait and agree to gang up on Abishola with Tayo. I was already uncomfortable with him going behind her back, but if he actually did it WITH Tayo, that would have been waaaaaay over the line.

I was glad to see Christina being competent and sticking up for herself with Douglas and I was really angry about her being dismissed by Goodwin. But I'm glad eventually he and Douglas came around. It would be good to dump the "Christina is pathetic and everybody treats her like shit" storyline.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Harvey said:

The one thing that stood out to me in this episode is that the cake Christina was eating in the office did not look like a Cheese cake one bit. Why did they call it that?

Hah! I had a “that’s cheesecake??” moment too. 
I guess they called it cheesecake because “cream pie” would have destroyed the comedic impact of the pie-in-the-face moment?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I also noticed that. But smashing a plate of whipped cream into someone's face is easier and probably cheaper and less painful than smushing a plate of actual cheesecake, so I'm okay with it.

Edited by possibilities
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

Again with the stupid “10 and 2” cliche! The car didn’t look so old that it wouldn’t have airbags.

Yikes! TIL: https://crosleylaw.com/blog/driving-hands-10-2-outdated-dangerous/

So were the writers just making fun of us old grandmas who don’t know any better?  🙃
Or is it more a case of the writers themselves being old grandmas who don’t know any better?😳

Fortunately my “bad shoulder” has had me driving at 10 and 5, but I will rethink that 10 position.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

So were the writers just making fun of us old grandmas who don’t know any better?  🙃
Or is it more a case of the writers themselves being old grandmas who don’t know any better?😳

Fortunately my “bad shoulder” has had me driving at 10 and 5, but I will rethink that 10 position.

Thanks, I did not know that but then again I've also never driven with my hands at 10-2 either as I find it very uncomfortable. It does make sense to do it if you don't have power steering or if your power steering pump give up in rush hour traffic (been there).

• Like 1
7 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Hell, I’m 65 and I knew better. I think this is just one of those stupid tropes TV writers use without thinking them through.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

And yet steering wheels are still made with the grips at 10 and 2.  My 2019 car has them.

1 hour ago, CarpeFelis said:

Wow, that’s odd. My car’s a 2012 and has them at 9 and 3.

Grips? My car's steering wheel has grips?

58 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Grips? My car's steering wheel has grips?

I don't know what else to call them -- the slightly larger bits where you're supposed to put your hands.  I think they're meant to be ergonomic or something.  I mostly drive with one hand at the bottom of the steering wheel.  Or with both at roughly 9 and 3.

• Useful 1