Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E11: 21st Annual Blind Taste Test

• Start Topic

Chefs face the ultimate test of their individual pallets in the 21st annual blind taste test challenge; actor Eric McCormack and professional baseball player Justin Turner attend the dinner service for their respective charities.

Airdate: 01/12/2023

• Like 1

I chuckled at Cheyenne saying she is irrationally afraid of horses while the chyron said “Cheyenne, Louisville, Kentucky”.

I’ve watched every season of this show and it feels like this was the worst result for the blind test ever.

I recently, finally, got a Kitchen-Aid mixer and was actually thinking of trying to make macarons (not macaroons for cod’s sack) but if these professionals struggled with it, pretty sure it is beyond my scope of capability.

Brett is gone.  It was telegraphed.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Ramsey seemed to be too amused by dumping sauces on top of the contestants.  It's gross and unnecessary, not very entertaining,  but he was giggling like it was the most clever thing in the world. It's  just a stupid prank.

And these "chefs" - come on! Even I know that macaroons are chewy coconut cookies, and macarons are the French meringue sandwich things!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Ramsey seemed to be too amused by dumping sauces on top of the contestants.  It's gross and unnecessary, not very entertaining,  but he was giggling like it was the most clever thing in the world. It's  just a stupid prank.

Exactly.  He does the same thing on MC and it's just as ridiculous not to mention a waste of whatever is used to make the fake foodstuffs.  I don't find it the least bit entertaining unlike the blind taste test on TC which I always look forward to.

Brett was past his expiration date.  Tara needs to go next.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Boy, that was a sad episode. All these chefs think they have a great palate yet sure didn't show it. Even the lady that said she practiced with her family. I think she got one right. I find this to be the sorriest group of chefs every and I have watched every season. I actually binge watch on Roka as I eat breakfast and read the paper.

• Like 4

Statistics would be even worse if they made them wear a swimmer's nose clip.  Seeing is part of identifying foods.  Smell is also involved.

Of course, if those who smoke weren't out on the patio chain smoking, their odds would improve as well.

• Like 2

The right person went home last night but I really hate the one “winner” from each team meeting with each team member and telling them what they did wrong and then nominating two of them.  It’s so godfatherish and the “winner’s” just sit in their high horses like their own shit don’t stink.

• Like 2

Not a surprise that Brett went home. The leader decision from GR was to bring more drama since there has not been much of it this episode. I think Tara is next to go. Sommer has improved so much since the beginning, I think she will get a black jacket this season.

22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And these "chefs" - come on! Even I know that macaroons are chewy coconut cookies, and macarons are the French meringue sandwich things!

GR is always amused by dumping sauces on the contestants.

• Like 1

I have to agree with everyone here, this season they all just come across as line cooks  who can barely do that, much less run a kitchen.  Have seen very little creativity or finesse.

• Like 7

This season really is quite boring. None of the contestants are very likeable or talented. It's getting beyond repetitive. Even the team rewards suck!

It was clear Brett wasn't a contender, the way GR kept bouncing him around. Tara should be next - leaving Alex as the only 40 plus contestant. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

or reason to watch. the dumping competition is ridiculous, who is entertained by this beyond 10 year olds???  lord if you are an adult and find this entertaining, please mature up some. 

offer some off kilter ingredients, make them make something, and judge. genuine CHEF stuff. enuff of the silly tv sh*t.

• Like 1
  • Love 1