Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: 10-13

• Start Topic

Like most crime show dramas these days, they left some loose ends. 
Like was Bentley really not awake to hear Brandy's declarations of affection to him? 

Is that taped confession going to be admissible in any court of law???
Regardless, there will be some fallout from Officer Marvin Sanderford going rogue, but will it happen off screen or in a several-episodes-long arc? 

He might just get suspended without pay. 

But there could also be further gang retaliation against him because of his actions.
Of course, that was likely anyway.

But if the undercover guy Marvin involved gets compromised and killed, DI Regina Haywood will not be happy.
Of course, again, she's not generally happy anyway.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5

It was refreshing that Bentley’s mom dodged all the Cop’s Mom stereotypes of hysterically insisting he quit the force, etc.

I guess when she asked why her son’s partner hadn’t been to see him, that didn’t mean anything else?

• Like 2

Rogue Marvin is hard to watch, his guilt and anger. Great performance by Ruben Santiago-Hudson.

With her background and upbringing, Lucia is supposed to be street smart. I cannot believe she falls for Regina’s misogyny tactic so easily.

The leader of Santiago crime family has been arrested a while ago, he’s cutting deals left & right, and Regina’s boo is still undercover? DEA should have years of intel from Sean to start dismantling the organization already. Kiki doesn’t seem like a strong leader. With “encouragement” from Regina, Lucia will be taking the lead. It’s time for Sean to be proactive and work his way to become Lucia’s #2 rather than staying as a DJ’s bodyguard.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, kwnyc said:

I also keep wondering when undercover boo finally finishes his assignment, how the heck can he stick around the neighborhood? Plastic surgery? Dye his hair?

Interesting question, seeing as the dynasty seems destined to continue with Lucia in charge. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Was Regina giving Lucia a pass to continue the drug operations as leader as long as they caught the killer?  Or weren’t they going to be shut down by the federal arrestee turned cooperator?  I’m just confused.  

I interpreted her encouragement to Lucia as expedient to her present needs and she’ll deal with the restructuring of the family “business” down the road.

• Like 3
On 1/9/2023 at 6:01 AM, shapeshifter said:

It was refreshing that Bentley’s mom dodged all the Cop’s Mom stereotypes of hysterically insisting he quit the force, etc.

I guess when she asked why her son’s partner hadn’t been to see him, that didn’t mean anything else?

If I remember correctly Dr. Bentley is the daughter as well as the mother of a cop And I guess she sensed something is off.

On 1/9/2023 at 7:09 AM, kwnyc said:

I also keep wondering when undercover boo finally finishes his assignment, how the heck can he stick around the neighborhood? Plastic surgery? Dye his hair?

My first thought was vengeance versus business and why invite the FBI in on a new murder investigation since the damage was already done. But then Kiki was talking about how the old rules about attacking cops are no longer rules

• Useful 1
  • Love 1