Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Sanctuary; S02.E12: At Long Last

Trini
  • Start Topic

Thony is confronted by Garrett regarding the truth behind Maya's death as Nadia tries to stay on Kamdar's good side. Meanwhile, Fiona helps Luca celebrate his birthday.

Then, after Thony, Arman and Garrett work together to come up with a plan to take down Kamdar once and for all, Thony decides to take things into her own hands to ensure the safety of Fiona and Luca.

Airdate: December 12, 2022

cleaning-lady-season-2-episode-11f-580x387.jpg

cleaning-lady-season-2-episode-11e-580x391.jpg

cleaning-lady-season-2-episode-11b-580x387.jpg

cleaning-lady-season-2-episode-12c-580x387.jpg

• Useful 1

Thony decides to take things into her own hands to ensure the safety of Fiona and Luca.

Of course, Thorny "takes things into her own hands." That is all she ever does.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 2

Well they're definitely trying to keep me as a viewer! Nadia lives and Garrett dies; the opposite of what I was expecting!

Yeah, it just seems like the writers/showrunners aren't interested in Thony/Arman as a potential romance anymore. (Although, I can see them maybe going back to that once Nadia dumps Arman for good.) Partners in crime, yes; even though even that hasn't worked out as well this season.

I hate that Fiona got the short end of the stick, though. (And maybe Luca too? Because I don't see how Thony is going to be able to keep giving him that experimental drug.) I think they really need to resolve the immigration troubles of at least some of the characters next season. Even if Thony manages to get Fiona back to the U.S., it still doesn't solve the main problem of Fiona and Chris' status.

It should be interesting next season with Nadia when she has no reason to cut Thony (or Arman?) any slack, or even work with them at all.

So is Thony really taking over Kamdar's drug smuggling operation? -- if I'm reading the last scenes correctly? That doesn't seem like it will work out.

I'm not sure what they are trying to say about Thony when they keep putting her more desperate or extreme situations. We already know a) she will do anything for her son; b) she has few good options; c) sometimes she has to choose the lesser of two evils. I'd rather see her getting out of the hole, than getting in deeper. But I guess that's not compelling enough for the writers.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I figured either Garrett or his lover/partner would get killed once they made a date for later.  I like Oliver Hudson but it makes sense that Garrett got killed.  It nicely takes care of what he knows about Maya and it puts some real tension between Thony and the FBI back on the table.

I had to laugh at Thony going to confront Arman about killing Kamdar and claiming she always trusted him.  That's clearly not true because Arman promised her he had a plan to get the meds but she saved Robert's life anyway the first time.  But they need to get off this "trust me" and then Thony doesn't cycle. 

I am curious about what happens with Nadia and Arman next season.  They've got me more invested in Nadia and Arman at the moment. I absolutely loved when he handed her the gun.  The thing I don't get is why she is icing Arman out.  He has basically been on her side since he went back to her even if he initially did it to help out Thony.  The choices he made benefited them more than they benefited Thony.

29 minutes ago, Trini said:

So is Thony really taking over Kamdar's drug smuggling operation? -- if I'm reading the last scenes correctly? That doesn't seem like it will work out.

She's working with Arman.  It was tacked onto the episode to set up next season but of course they have to keep it secret from Nadia for some reason.

Speaking things I loved, I am so glad the doctor called the cops on Thony.  I will say that Thony comes off so smug and it's hard to root for her.  Of course they're going to take issue with her giving someone unauthorized meds in their hospital.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Of course they're going to take issue with her giving someone unauthorized meds in their hospital.

But Dr. Gonzales will end up getting a cushy gig with the FDA... The legit drug company in Manila will quadruple profits... Angry dude will get  promoted to Western US Region Sales Manager...

• LOL 1

Sayid Kamdar loses all criminal mastermind credibility... Cayman Islands are a Tax Shelter... NOT bail jumping shelter. That is, lawful extradition of US & UK fugitives is guaranteed by treaty.   Cuba, Ecuador & Venezuela are closest Non-Extradition Countries.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I had to laugh at Thony going to confront Arman about killing Kamdar and claiming she always trusted him.  That's clearly not true because Arman promised her he had a plan to get the meds but she saved Robert's life anyway the first time.  But they need to get off this "trust me" and then Thony doesn't cycle. 

Most of the season they've been arguing or had different ideas about what to do in the various dilemmas they've faced. Yes, they're going to have to change that because I don't think it's going to work for another season.

13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I am curious about what happens with Nadia and Arman next season.  They've got me more invested in Nadia and Arman at the moment. I absolutely loved when he handed her the gun.  The thing I don't get is why she is icing Arman out.  He has basically been on her side since he went back to her even if he initially did it to help out Thony.  The choices he made benefited them more than they benefited Thony.

Same here. But they've also got me invested in Nadia without Arman, too. I think Nadia has a reasonable beef with Arman because of how he has sometimes put Thony's needs over Nadia's concerns. And now he's still working with Thony and keeping it secret from her. So I'm guessing that will be the exact issue that finally drives them apart next season (while Arman and Thony grow closer??). But then again, the writers have surprised me this season, so maybe they won't do that, or it won't be that obvious.

One thing I think they'll have to do - because they can't keep dragging it out forever - is have Arman pick one woman; right now he's pretty loyal to both.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Trini said:

One thing I think they'll have to do - because they can't keep dragging it out forever - is have Arman pick one woman; right now he's pretty loyal to both.

Next season, Arman becomes a Mormon and marries both of them... legally

• LOL 2

That doctor that helped Thony all last season....does Arman no longer have access to him due to him basically being Kamdar's henchman now and nothing else?  Thony could have called Arman and then sent Fiona with Luca to that doctor guy and brought the meds to him to treat and adminsister the med once she got it from the storage container. 

This show reminds me so much of a crappier version of Breaking Bad where our broken system forces someone to make bad choice after bad choice.  

I both hate this show and want it renewed so I can see where it goes.   But I will miss Oliver Hudson as the cantankerous codependent FBI agent who is always making the wrong move with the best (ish) intentions.   

• Like 2
18 hours ago, paigow said:

Sayid Kamdar loses all criminal mastermind credibility... Cayman Islands are a Tax Shelter... NOT bail jumping shelter. That is, lawful extradition of US & UK fugitives is guaranteed by treaty.   Cuba, Ecuador & Venezuela are closest Non-Extradition Countries.

Last season, didn't Arman also suggest to Nadia that after the major gun deal came to fruition (but it never did) that they would start over in The Caymans as well?

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Speaking things I loved, I am so glad the doctor called the cops on Thony.  I will say that Thony comes off so smug and it's hard to root for her.  Of course they're going to take issue with her giving someone unauthorized meds in their hospital.

CPS also should have taken custody of Luca pending Thorny being brought up on charges and losing the right to make medical decisions for her child.

That may not be the way they do things in The Philippines, but if Thorny wants to live in the US so badly, she needs to start following all our laws, not just the ones she thinks will benefit her.

• Love 1

Lots of twists and turns this season. Some were good (Nadia as a smart, savvy boss who kicks poor Armon to the curb at the end), and others were infuriating --Luca always sick, Armon always under someone's thumb, Thony always getting someone killed or arrested, NO sexy times between Armon and Thony-- but I still enjoyed the season overall. 

I did like Thony's look at the end as an emerging crime boss with her black turtleneck and tight ponytail. It makes me excited about season 3.

And did I miss something? How did Nadia become the owner of the nightclub? Did Isabella sell it to Kamdar? If so, I completely missed that moment. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, topanga said:

And did I miss something? How did Nadia become the owner of the nightclub? Did Isabella sell it to Kamdar? If so, I completely missed that moment. 

Yes; in episode 9 Isabella sold it to Kamdar, and with him dead, it's now Nadia's (since she was still married to him).

• Love 1
20 hours ago, paigow said:

How did Arman pay the airport kill squad? He borrowed it from the other guy that owed Kamdar. A loose end that Arman has to kill next season....

I figure he offered a commission as a lieutenant in the new gun running money laundering all purpose drug smuggling gang.

• Love 1
On 12/14/2022 at 12:32 PM, Trini said:

Yes; in episode 9 Isabella sold it to Kamdar, and with him dead, it's now Nadia's (since she was still married to him).

Unless Kamdar had already finalized their divorce (this is Las Vegas, after all), or he had left it in his will to Maya (which would now lead to adjudication by the court) or Thorny (who can't legally own a business especially one with a liquor license).

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 1
On 12/12/2022 at 10:41 PM, Trini said:

I think they really need to resolve the immigration troubles of at least some of the characters next season. Even if Thony manages to get Fiona back to the U.S., it still doesn't solve the main problem of Fiona and Chris' status.

The only resolution that would be satisfactory for me would be deportation with permanent banishment from returning.

• Love 1

She has lost her savior on the right side of the law. I hope the FBI agent kicks her out of the CI program and makes her (and Fiona and Chris) answer for her past and future crimes. No more "we'll look the other way instead of charging your nephew with manslaughter if you help us find someone else to prosecute before he ends up dead because of something we let you do."

I doubt Thorny is smart enough to know that now she only has her savior on the wrong side of the law to bail her out every time she is about to be exterminated either literally or figuratively. Her God complex goes too far for her to understand that if she doesn't stay on the straight and narrow, she won't be able to keep using her "I know I did the wrong thing, but I did it for the right reason" excuse without there being some actual consequences.

• Applause 2

I'm not sure what they are trying to say about Thony when they keep putting her more desperate or extreme situations. We already know a) she will do anything for her son; b) she has few good options; c) sometimes she has to choose the lesser of two evils.

You left out A#1: She is hubrisly (I know that isn't a real word, but it should be) arrogant and thinks she alone should be playing God.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

You left out A#1: She is hubrisly (I know that isn't a real word, but it should be) arrogant and thinks she alone should be playing God.

If Thorny is so determined to save Luca's life, why hasn't she taken her son back to Manila where the life-saving non-FDA approved "experimental" drug is legal?  Now that Fiona has been deported, Thorny's next step appears to be to arrange for the drug cartel operation to get Fi back so that Thorny can continue her drug running activities with Arman.

Previously, as a garden variety TnT, Fi was an ICE target of opportunity... that is, no special effort was made to specifically find her. Now she is a felon and will soon violate her terms of release by coming back on the drug plane... meaning she really has to remain invisible - so marrying JD is impossible. 

• Love 1