Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: All Apologies

• Start Topic

I can see why Kate and Johnny were upset at Tully but the accident wasn't her fault.  She was going on instinct.  And the driver who t-boned them did run a red.

I think it would have been better if Tully did apologize from the beginning.

• Love 4

It's pretty ridiculous that Kate and Johnny wouldn't hear Tully out and let her explain, or that neither showed an concern for her well being while in the hospital. Especially Kate, her supposed best friend. The accident wasn't even Tully's fault and they know that.  

Sure, be mad for letting Marah go out in the first place when she's grounded. But why not give your best friend the benefit of the doubt at the very least and hear her out. Kate knows how much Tully loves Marah and would never intentionally put her in harms way. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Wow, I'm totally team Kate and Johnny wrt the accident. Tully had had enough to drink that she was legally drunk. She should not have been behind the wheel in the first place. I don't care that the accident wasn't ultimately her fault.

And she completely disregarded Kate's explicit directive that Marah was grounded and couldn't go out. That shows contempt for Kate as a mother.

What would hearing out Tully do? Tully was absolutely wrong on two serious levels, and she knows it.

I found it amusing when the show creators made us wait until half the episode before letting us know that Mara is okay and survived - they were trying to build this tension, but for that we should care about Mara. The show did not manage to make me invested enough in her to worry about her well-being like that.

On the other hand, Tully's apology scene in the end was very well-done.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Kate all throughout both seasons has had or was on the verge of an overblown reaction to a situation.  Sure Tully shouldn't have let Mara go out but bought the story of going to the movies with the other girl's mom as chaperone and that Mara would be back by 10.  Did Mara tell her parents the whole story?  It wouldn't have mattered as Kate per usual would blow it out of proportion anyway.  I don't know anyone that would not have rushed out the door to rescue their loved one from a dangerous situation and not say nope I had a couple glasses of wine so hope you have a good hiding place.  Adrenaline takes over and we know Tully has the fight instead of flight response.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, mytmo said:

Kate all throughout both seasons has had or was on the verge of an overblown reaction to a situation.  Sure Tully shouldn't have let Mara go out but bought the story of going to the movies with the other girl's mom as chaperone and that Mara would be back by 10.  Did Mara tell her parents the whole story?  It wouldn't have mattered as Kate per usual would blow it out of proportion anyway.  I don't know anyone that would not have rushed out the door to rescue their loved one from a dangerous situation and not say nope I had a couple glasses of wine so hope you have a good hiding place.  Adrenaline takes over and we know Tully has the fight instead of flight response.  

Yes, this. You don't order an uber, when someone is in trouble. 

• Like 1
On 12/6/2022 at 11:24 PM, Harvey said:

I found it amusing when the show creators made us wait until half the episode before letting us know that Mara is okay and survived - they were trying to build this tension, but for that we should care about Mara. The show did not manage to make me invested enough in her to worry about her well-being like that.

On the other hand, Tully's apology scene in the end was very well-done.

On top of the fact that we knew Mara would be fine since we’ve seen her consistently in the present, at Bud’s funeral even since S1… 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, memememe76 said:

I am on team Kate. As an uncle, I really have no problems telling my cute nephew “No, I can’t do that because your parents told me…” Really not that difficult. Or call Kate and have Mara convince her. 

I agree. Tully is focused on how she wasn’t at fault in the accident and “wasn’t that drunk”(I mean, like THAT makes it better?) and that she was going to help Mara, but she misses the point that Mara was in that situation because Tully ignored the ground rules Kate had laid out for her daughter.

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Like 3

I’m Team Everyone Sucks Here. 

Tully sucks because even though the accident wasn’t her fault, by breaking Kate’s rules about Marah being grounded, she helped put Marah in the situation in the first place. She should have said “no” or at least called Kate to check, who likely would have nixed it. 

Kate (and Johnny) suck because who doesn’t check on their decades-long friend after a serious accident? And who goes radio silent for weeks? Also, Kate seems to forget that she was always fine with Tully’s behavior before, especially when it benefitted her, so to end the friendship seemed out of nowhere to me.

Marah sucks (I’ve found this character insufferable from the beginning and did so in the book). I know she’s a kid, but she’s a teen, not a little girl, and knows she was emotionally manipulating Tully. She also should have told Ashley “no” about going to the frat party.

Ashley sucks (LOL) and I hope Marah is done with her games. 

• Like 3