Type keyword(s) to search

Lopez vs. Lopez - General Discussion

jewel21
  • Start Topic

A working-class family comedy about dysfunction, reconnection, and all the pain and joy in between. George and Mayan Lopez star in this working-class family comedy.

Anyone else watching this or am I the only one? I really like Mayan and it's nice to have a cute family sitcom airing on Friday nights. I loved Mayan's son and grandmother re-enacting a telenovela together at the end tag of last night's episode. That kid was adorable. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/19/2022 at 11:15 AM, jewel21 said:

I loved Mayan's son and grandmother re-enacting a telenovela together at the end tag of last night's episode. That kid was adorable. 

That was the highlight of the ep for me, and the storyline in general.

• Love 2

Mayan's mother has her own place but is over a lot. Mayan's dad is between homes. He had a moving company but I think with the pandemic he struggled and lost his house? He was sleeping in his car. He finally confessed to Mayan and she let him sleep in her son's room. 

Speaking of, that kid is adorable. I don't even like children but I love him, heh. I think he just might be my favourite character on the show. The dog is number two, hee.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Watched for the first time tonight. It can't hold a candle to the original George Lopez show, at least not the episode I saw (Christmas episode). Seems like the actors (and the laugh track) are being forced to overact to compensate for poor writing.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

Watched for the first time tonight. It can't hold a candle to the original George Lopez show, at least not the episode I saw (Christmas episode). Seems like the actors (and the laugh track) are being forced to overact to compensate for poor writing.

I watched another episode about Mayan speaking Spanish and the "Es una Karen!" line did make me laugh.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:47 PM, JeanJean said:

Seems like the actors (and the laugh track) are being forced to overact to compensate for poor writing.

I never watched George Lopez's past sitcoms...but I've grown to dislike the formula.  Just reading "laugh track" lets me know it's not for me.  There's no reason for "poor writing."  Thanks for saving my time.  There are so many talented writers just dying for a chance, yet "the industry" still plays favorites...no matter their win/loss statistics.   I saw George on "The View" very recently and wonder if he has a facial tic that he tries to hide by pretending to wink.  It was distracting--the the poor guy does not look healthy.

I don’t usually watch this show, but I watched last night because Eden Sher and Neil Flynn, daughter & father from The Middle, were on. Conflict between Lopez and Steve (Flynn) was absurd and not in a good way. I like Mayan, but the two dogs and kids were the best part. 

Edited by zoey1996

Last night's episode included an 'In Memoriam' tag at the end. Randy Gonzalez, the father of the little boy who plays Chance on the show,  passed away after a battle with cancer. He was only 35 years old.  Link

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Did anyone catch the premiere tonight? I'm sad Maya lost her job at the vet clinic. I enjoyed seeing her at work and interacting with the animals. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

Okay, the kid should be really annoying, but somehow I get a kick out of him whenever he’s on. 

The kid and Churro are my favorites. 

• Like 1