Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E07: Wok This Way

jewel21
  • Start Topic

I was surprised to see Sakari mess up, I thought he was stronger. Alex really is the best on the blue side for sure. I thought that Abe would go due to a lot of bad performances in a row but Mindy did seem quite lost so I do understand the elimination.

Neither Sommer or Abe looked great in that argument.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, xcrayon2215x said:

Neither Sommer or Abe looked great in that argument.

Agreed, but I was more Team Sommer than Team Abe.  She had JUST lost a reward she was excited about and was naturally pissed.  He could not even give her a SECOND to have her feelings before yammering at her.  I felt like he was a dick for no reason.

The editing is confusing me about Alex and feels like it’s setting him up for a big fall.  Or, trying to throw us off the scent about how much better he is than everyone.  Cheeky little editors.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 11/18/2022 at 5:14 AM, mojoween said:

Agreed, but I was more Team Sommer than Team Abe.  She had JUST lost a reward she was excited about and was naturally pissed.  He could not even give her a SECOND to have her feelings before yammering at her.  I felt like he was a dick for no reason.

I agree.  I didn't think Sommer was being that unreasonable.  Read the room Abe...and god forbid you are so fragile that a woman refuses to shake your hand.  At any time really, but especially after being removed from a fun reward for no reason. 

And Abe was talking over her later and just being a dick for no reason than that his little feelings were hurt. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

I agree.  I didn't think Sommer was being that unreasonable.  Read the room Abe...and god forbid you are so fragile that a woman refuses to shake your hand.  At any time really, but especially after being removed from a fun reward for no reason. 

And Abe was talking over her later and just being a dick for no reason than that his little feelings were hurt. 

I read it that he was actually trying to be nice her her so more power to him for calling her on her reaction.  While I don't love him, she was taking it out on the wrong person and showing poor sportsmanship.  People like her just need to get over themselves.   She wasn't being removed "for no reason".  Those are the rules of the game.  In a competition like this rules is rules and fair is fair and she was acting like she thought she should deserve special treatment.  If she can't handle that perhaps she shouldn't go on a show named "Hell's Kitchen". 

• Like 1

Alyssa was my least favorite contestant.  I liked her even less than Billy which is saying a lot.  I'm glad they're both gone.  Now Gordon needs to get rid of Abe and Sommer.  They are both obnoxious in their own ways.  I shudder to think that Abe is the father of nine kids.  When Gordon asked Sommer why she should stay in HK, she described herself as a natural leader.  Yike.  Delusional much?  The rest of the show will be better when those two are gone.  I hope.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

It's hard to judge if someone's reaction was appropriate or justified in a reality show, because of the level of editing involved.  Both Sommer and Abe seem like less than pleasant people in general, which doesn't help.

It did seem like the rest of the guys of Team Blue didn't agree with Abe's behavior though.  I appreciated seeing them criticize him for confronting a girl half his age like that, whether he was right or wrong.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, squidprincess said:

It's hard to judge if someone's reaction was appropriate or justified in a reality show, because of the level of editing involved.  Both Sommer and Abe seem like less than pleasant people in general, which doesn't help.

It did seem like the rest of the guys of Team Blue didn't agree with Abe's behavior though.  I appreciated seeing them criticize him for confronting a girl half his age like that, whether he was right or wrong.

True.  And I hate when (usually) men tell women to "smile" or otherwise force something on them such as shaking hands at an unwanted time.  So I'm biased. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, squidprincess said:

I think they were probably against his push-back when she snapped back at him, not his original comment which was probably well intended.  I don't see the team's reaction to his behavior as age-related.  I don't think they would have disapproved of so much it if she wasn't a woman.  It's kind of a bro-code not to tangle with a woman that's that upset about anything even if she makes you a target of her anger.  It's a corollary of the old "never hit a girl" taboo that men learn at a young age.

Also, this is one of those times when I think having grown up on the streets of the Bronx and lived there for half my life influences how I see exchanges like this.  My husband, who also grew up in NYC had the same opinion as I do about this.

• Applause 1

Something I noticed/wondered. I know the cheftestants won "handpicked" pots and pans. I think I've seen them use steel pans in the kitchen service usually, but this episode they used Hexclad pans for service. I wonder if that contributed to some of the mishaps?

On 11/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, mlp said:

Alyssa was my least favorite contestant.  I liked her even less than Billy which is saying a lot.  I'm glad they're both gone.  Now Gordon needs to get rid of Abe and Sommer.  They are both obnoxious in their own ways.  I shudder to think that Abe is the father of nine kids.  When Gordon asked Sommer why she should stay in HK, she described herself as a natural leader.  Yike.  Delusional much?  The rest of the show will be better when those two are gone.  I hope.

There are several contestants who were such obvious cannon fodder, I don't know why they even chose them. Did anyone really think mousy little Alyssa was going to be a head chef and run a kitchen? Same goes for Billy and his B-true idiocy and Sommer's bad attitude and inflated opinion of herself. Unfortunately, I could see someone like Abe being in charge of a kitchen and treating everyone like shit, that's pretty common in chefs. Mindy was another one who was clearly not the type to run a kitchen. I'm sure she's a fine cook and a team player, but not a leader by any stretch. 

Alex seems to be the obvious frontrunner, but I also think Cheyenne and Alejandro have some potential.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2022 at 12:16 AM, Yeah No said:

I think they were probably against his push-back when she snapped back at him, not his original comment which was probably well intended.  I don't see the team's reaction to his behavior as age-related.  I don't think they would have disapproved of so much it if she wasn't a woman.  It's kind of a bro-code not to tangle with a woman that's that upset about anything even if she makes you a target of her anger.  It's a corollary of the old "never hit a girl" taboo that men learn at a young age.

Also, this is one of those times when I think having grown up on the streets of the Bronx and lived there for half my life influences how I see exchanges like this.  My husband, who also grew up in NYC had the same opinion as I do about this.

I think you're right about their motivation overall, but someone in the scene did bring up Sommer's age relative to Abe's.  That's why I mentioned it.