Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Jinx

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

lisa-ambalavanar.jpg
With Rachel left powerless, Dick turns turns to an old friend whose magic could be the key to identifying their mysterious enemy. Meanwhile Conner and Tim investigate attack victims, and Sebastian finds himself at the center of an eerie plot.

Premiere Date:  November 10, 2022    HBO Max           
franka-potente_0.jpg

This felt like half an episode. I know this show is mostly one full season arc, but this one really felt incomplete.

"I hate magic", same, Dick, same. Because it makes things like a magical dark elf trying to fistfight you look incredibly dumb.

I hope they don't try to put Raven and Gar together. I think in the show they're supposed to be somewhat close in age, but the actors really look their real ages.

I was surprised they didn't fix the one line Raven said that was so super Australian sounding that it almost felt like it came from a different person.

• Like 2

Apparently Raven losing her powers makes her accent slip.

I'm not sure why they brought Tim on the show especially since he has no training. The show is called Titans not Robin. This is the third Robin we've had. Jason at least know how to fight. 

And Kori has another mysterious destiny. This better be going somewhere. 

• Like 3

Yeah, all the blood stuff this season is grossing me out.  I had to look away once homeboy started bringing the scissors towards his eyes.  Yuck.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:21 PM, Sakura12 said:

I'm not sure why they brought Tim on the show especially since he has no training. The show is called Titans not Robin. This is the third Robin we've had. Jason at least know how to fight. 

I'd prefer it if the show was just Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven and Superboy.  They honestly don't need anybody else and every time other characters are added in, the show becomes way too bloated and no one gets any worthwhile screen time.  I'd be okay with Blackfire popping in every now and then but Tim didn't even need to be in last season, let alone this one.  

• Like 1

I hear everyone on Tim/Robin (and agree, but he's good for comic relief for now).  This episode was 8 minutes shorter than previous eps this season and I felt it. It felt incomplete at the end.  That's my only major quibble with the episode.

I am LOVING this season so far.  LOVING it!  Why couldn't this show give us this in S2?  Now this might be the last season and we finally have the show I've wanted since it premiered.

Feral Dick wanting to do anything to get Kory back, including dropping FIVE MILLION DOLLARS?!?!  Yeah I know that was for Kory AND helping the Titans, but whew - damn Dick.  And all of Jinx' snappy flirty lines falling off Dick like "so not interested - don't you see I'm in love with Kory?" energy... even Jinx could see it and I love how Dick never corrected her when she called Kory his girlfriend.  Dick may not consciously know it yet, but subconsciously he's married with kids to Kory, lol.

And I had no idea DC had elves?  That was super interesting - like wtf though lol.  Even though I found it kinda unrealistic that Dick would be able to go up against a magic-wielding elf, I still LOVED his fight scene with the elves and then with the head elf.  The knife magic choreography was badass (her move with her hands) and then Dick literally breakdancing the knives off was so good.  Dick's fight scenes NEVER miss.

Another thing I loved was even though Connor CLEARLY wanted to go off on his own, he didn't - he listened to Dick (miracle!).  And Dick isn't going off alone and is keeping everyone with that same "we do this together" spirit.  I LOVE IT.

Kory's vision and her destiny with Dick - YES MORE!!

And GAR finally getting a real storyline - hallelujah!  Bummer about Rachel losing her powers but she's clearly connected to Sebastian and MM so she hasn't lost her storyline.  I have no idea how Beast Boy brought her into his vision but I'll allow it.  Starfire must be connected to this too because she's got the same blood moon thing going.

All in all - this is the BEST Season of Titans so far.  I LOVE the horror elements (shades of Season 1) but the fact that the team is teaming makes it all the more better!

• Love 1

Yeah, I figured this season would make a lot of people happier. I'm finding it indifferent, but I have relatively little invested in Kory/Dick and in Gar. I like Raven a lot more this season, especially without her powers, she is showing some character. Drake being there makes sense, as a continuation from the previous season, and that is enough reason for his presence.

I like this season a LOT- this past episode though, felt kind of filler- they could have told the story in about 1/2 an hour.

Let me be clear.  I love this season, especially in comparison to the Gotham season, which had so many plot holes garbage trucks were falling into the,

Nice to see Dick getting a break from all his ANGST, Beat Boy getting more to do, Kory being bad ass, and hints of Kory and Dick.  

• Love 1

I am not loving the magic and the blood.  Not really a fan of the supernatural stuff, and it figures that the person best suited to fighting this blood witch is Rachel and she lost her powers.  So does that mean more Jinx?

I agree that the team should stay as the core team of 5, these others are not necessary.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:21 PM, Sakura12 said:

I find Tim to be completely extraneous and petulant.  Dick sends him to Star Labs and he's all "what, am I off the team?!" I was shouting, "well yeah, I wish".  He brings nothing to the team.  His storyline just takes away from others.  I don't read the comics, are Tim and the tech guy a couple?  It seems obvious to me here.

20 hours ago, Affogato said:

Drake being there makes sense, as a continuation from the previous season, and that is enough reason for his presence.

It doesn't make sense to me.  I don't think he had any reason being there in the first place last season.  I really don't care for this "training of Tim" storyline.  They could have just shipped him off to Star Labs at the end of last season, and then he rejoins later as a trained fighter Robin.  Just because he was around last season doesn't mean he needed to be back.  We had one season of Rose and the show never fully explained why she didn't come back.  They just said she left.  And never mentioned her again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1