Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Lex Luthor

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

anna-diop-joshua-orpin-ryan-potter-brent

Metropolis for exclusive access to S.T.A.R. Labs. But when unexpected complications arise, including the re-emergence of Lex Luthor, Conner faces a tough decision.
Premiere Date:  November 3, 2022    HBO Max           

So they tease us with talk of Superman but I guess we'll never get to actually see him.  You stink, show!  I like Titus Welliver as Luthor but that huge beard is not working for me.  Jon Cryer on Supergirl needed it because of his boyish face but here it's not needed.  And Dick said Luthor has been trying to destroy Superman for forty years?  Just how old are Lex and Clark supposed to be in this show?

56 minutes ago, cdnalor said:

And Dick said Luthor has been trying to destroy Superman for forty years?  Just how old are Lex and Clark supposed to be in this show?

If they're following the Silver Age comics, Superboy and Lex were friends when they were very young. So they could conceivably have known one another since their early to late teens. Add 40 years and you could get late 50s/early 60s. Titus Welliver is 60, so it wouldn't be too out of place.

I like the vibe of the group here (I caught the Gar and Rachel pairing, and it looks like we might finally be moving to a Dick/Kori pairing), even if it did seem a little bit of a jump from where we left them. Even Dick seemed to be a bit more lighthearted this episode from his usual Bruce Wayne-ish moping.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cdnalor said:

Just how old are Lex and Clark supposed to be in this show?

The news banner in the TV Tim was Watching said "Lex Luthor dead at 67"

I'm mean Bruce is old, so Lex would have to be. Superman could look younger but hed be around the same age.

Also Lex's death was gross. This show always has a good first episode then it just falls apart. Hopefully they can have a decent season this time. 

• Useful 1
12 hours ago, cdnalor said:

So they tease us with talk of Superman but I guess we'll never get to actually see him

Sadly, DC has final say on who gets to show up on which platform.  But it is disappointing.  Luther dying was cool, but mostly because I know he’s not really dead (you can never get rid of him).

I thought this episode was really well written.  Like that we’re seeing more of Gar.  And that Dick will get a bit of an angsty break this season.  Poor guy has been through the wringer.  I  kinda hope Kory and he will hook again.  I like their chemistry.

• Love 1

The show came out swinging right from the gate. Great first two episodes. I love the leader Dick is and how they now feel like a true family. Maybe I'm jinxing it (heh), but if this is just a calm before the storm I will savor it as long as I can.

My favorite Superboy run is when Kon returns from the dead and moves to Smallville to try to figure out who he is outside of being a Titan and try to figure out as much as he can about Lex outside of what everyone says/feels about him. In the comics (and they incorporated a bit of it in the animated Young Justice) where Superman wanted nothing to do with Conner and in that absence Lex is the one who felt an ownership over him considered him his son. So I love the show touched on that. It seems a big waste to eradict Titus Welliver so quickly, maybe there will be flashbacks featuring him.

Pleasantly surprised to see a version of Bernard in this universe. There is already some handwringing over the age difference but there are fans who were doing the same handwringing over Conner and Blackfire's relationship.

• Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 9:48 PM, cdnalor said:

And Dick said Luthor has been trying to destroy Superman for forty years?  Just how old are Lex and Clark supposed to be in this show?

On 11/4/2022 at 4:35 AM, Sakura12 said:

The news banner in the TV Tim was Watching said "Lex Luthor dead at 67"

I'm mean Bruce is old, so Lex would have to be. Superman could look younger but hed be around the same age.

Also Lex's death was gross. This show always has a good first episode then it just falls apart. Hopefully they can have a decent season this time. 

Bruce Wayne is geriatric on this show, so I wasn't surprised to see that Lex was in his late 60s.  I'm not holding my breath on Superman ever appearing on this show, but if he ever made it on, I'm assuming he'd look to be in his mid to late 40s, because Kryptonians age slower or something.

I like the team, interested to see where they take things with Tim Drake, because as it is, he seems extraneous.  If the team is going to be dealing with mystical/occult this season, they really need some more firepower.  They really should consider trying to get Donna back from ARGUS.

• Like 1

This is already my favorite season from the first episode alone.  Just epic.  The horror elements are *chef's kiss and I LOVED seeing the team just having fun in the beginning doing fun stuff like bowling.  That's such a big part of Titans lore I'm so glad the show brought it back.  And this time they're all HAPPY!  

Dick and Kory looking like proud parents and looking a little like they're gonna rekindle that flame... *squee*

Rachel being a badass - Gar actually getting a story!

Finally Titans!  Finally!  

Lex Luthor's death was brutally horrific - what a shock ending - I guessed that might happen but was still shocked when it did.  Whew that snake coming out of him like that OMG awful wow.  Connor getting arrested was just whew... 

Show came out swinging!!

Are secret identities a thing of the past on this show?  Everybody's so casual about it, I get the impression a lot of people know Dick Grayson is Nightwing, which in turn would mean they probably figured out Bruce Wayne is Batman.