Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Bad Fortune

• Start Topic

I thought Patrick's ex-wife was pregnant and that was why she was delaying signing the divorce papers, but nope!

It's always pretty terrifying when Big Daddy appears. 

I don't know what to say about the fortune telling scenes.  I thought Frances Conroy would appear, but she probably didn't want to come back to do one scene as Death.

• Love 1

Had they previously established a relationship between Adam and Hannah? I don't remember any scenes of them together. Now all of a sudden they're walking down the street, Hannah is pregnant and Adam is the sperm donor? WTF. And how much of a time jump has there been? I don't remember Hannah being pregnant before.

I thought Patrick's ex-wife was pregnant and that was why she was delaying signing the divorce papers, but nope!

That's what I thought too. She also said she hadn't been able to keep anything down for the past few days. Classic TV Pregnancy symptoms. But they never did say why she was having dizzy spells and passed out in the attorney's office, did they? Not even when she was in the hospital.

Since it appears like the police outside Margaret's apartment didnt see a hulking man i a leather harness and mask go inside, it's looking more and more like Big Daddy is not a person but an embodiment of something. 

I think you mean Barbara (Patrick's ex). But how did she die then? Did she just have another dizzy spell and fall? Brain tumor? I've also seen speculation that Patrick is Big Daddy and he's actually the one who trashed the apartment.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

But how did she die

The reason I don't think Patrick killed her is because they very intentionally showed her in the bathroom after she had vomited and fainting soon after. She appeared to be sick. 

Considering both Patrick and Gino now have lesions,  I'm going to assume that means they have AIDS.  Patrick could have infected Barbara. That's why I think Big Daddy represents AIDS and why Patrick keeps seeing him. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I also assume Big Daddy represents Aids. But Barbara’s symptoms and death didn’t seem like AIDS, which at that time was a slower, painful death. She seemed to be dizzy, fainted once and then died after she was released from the hospital. No mention of cancer or respiratory symptoms. I was also confused about Hannah being pregnant and think the show is getting a bit convoluted. And a minor thing; Fran was hired to read tarot cards from 10::00 pm to 3 AM but it was clearly daytime when Hannah visited. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Had they previously established a relationship between Adam and Hannah? I don't remember any scenes of them together. Now all of a sudden they're walking down the street, Hannah is pregnant and Adam is the sperm donor? WTF. And how much of a time jump has there been? I don't remember Hannah being pregnant before.

When everyone went to the hospital for smoke inhalation, they briefly mentioned it when Hannah came to take blood.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I must say Sandra Bernhard looks great for 67. I'm sure she's had some work done but she really doesn't look much different than she did 20 years ago.

I was thinking the same thing! I was like "she's looking a bit haggard considering she's only 55," and then I looked up her age.  

• Love 1
On 11/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, sashayshante said:

The reason I don't think Patrick killed her is because they very intentionally showed her in the bathroom after she had vomited and fainting soon after. She appeared to be sick. 

Considering both Patrick and Gino now have lesions,  I'm going to assume that means they have AIDS.  Patrick could have infected Barbara. That's why I think Big Daddy represents AIDS and why Patrick keeps seeing him. 

I haven’t read ahead, but am wondering if there’s something with the fleas.  Patrick’s wife got the dog and possibly had fleas.  The tarot cards showed death around Gino…..Gino  called an exterminator for their fleas.  Just guessing.  

Why aren’t the police searching for Mr. Whitely, since they saw him and he locked Gino up in the morgue fridge?

• Love 2

My favorite character this season has got to be the drag performer with the mustache that works for Patti LuPone at the bath house. Her song at the beginning of the episode with the 2 male dancers was everything! Hopefully she doesn't become a victim of Big Daddy like Dunaway from the gay nightclub that was burned down.

I am also liking all the new actors except for Isaac Powell (who plays Theo). His acting is strangely exaggerated and unconvincing to me. Great body though. I think he was also in the last season as one of the male teenagers who got pregnant with alien babies.

Hope Barb's papillon goes to a good home. What a cutie!

Edited by Mattipoo
Typo
  • Love 2

Barb was apparently seeing Patrick shaving while she was showering - at the same time they were switching between shots of her, Patrick, and  Gino taking a bath back at his apartment. Was she just daydreaming of Patrick or was he actually there at the time?

On 11/5/2022 at 11:17 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I haven’t read ahead, but am wondering if there’s something with the fleas.  Patrick’s wife got the dog and possibly had fleas.  The tarot cards showed death around Gino…..Gino  called an exterminator for their fleas.  Just guessing.  

Why aren’t the police searching for Mr. Whitely, since they saw him and he locked Gino up in the morgue fridge?

Yes! The fleas could have been on the deer on that island and then gone onto living hosts. Now they are spreading their little government conspiracy germs and illnesses throughout NYC, so that's why Barbara got sick. 

I'm very confused about Big Daddy because lots of people are seeing him. Theo(?) spoke to him when he lhad to walk past him as he left the dungeon he was kept in. Patrick's been attacked twice. Gino saw him in the mirror as he was shaving and found the lesions. Then poof- he was in Barb's apartment strangling her. I thought she died by being strangled. Her feet were lifted off the ground.

• Love 1