Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Novel Signed by Author, $22.19

DanaK
  • Start Topic

WEDNESDAY, OCT. 26 9:31-10:00 p.m.

It's Halloween and everyone is on edge! Especially Tom who fears nobody will attend his in-person book reading - except for his No. 1 fan that is. Though the family presumes her to be a stalker, the mysterious woman turns out to be something even more shocking.

I'm SO glad it wasn't a prank, as I totally thought that Connor was behind it. I can't see them using Casey Wilson for just one or two episodes...it'll be interesting to see how things play out. I wish this show had better viewership. TVLine has it as a bubble show that could go either way for a season 4 renewal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

I wasn’t fully paying attention by the middle of the episode because I was focusing on other things, so I missed that the lady could be a half sister until the end when it was was made official. I had to watch the last half to get that part of the plot. I too thought she was just being a stalker or it would be revealed as a joke

I, too, am glad it didn't turn out to be a prank, or a stalker who wanted to "Misery" or steal Tom [from Marina]. I appreciated that they revealed who Harmony was in the episode. I don't read spoilers, so if this is right it's a guess, but I hope that their dad already told their mom about Harmony and the drama / hijinx leading up to the reveal result in the mom going "oh,her? I've known about her for years". It would fit the vibe of the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

This was a fun episode.

I see Connor's 2009 hair came back briefly in one of the Halloween prank flashbacks.  Seems like they loved he hair too and wanted to use it again. LOL.

It was a Halloween episode yeah, but I like how the "horror" element was mined by the uncertainty around Harmony.  They read her weirdness as stalkery and all the music and everything highlighted it, so it was a nice other way to make an episode a little spooky without being too obvious.

The bookstore employee was fun. I liked him.

I liked the kids subplot.  It was cute.

Yeah, not crazy about Harmony as a half sister.  Really curious about how they plan to have the parents reaction to it?  I agree it would be cool if the mom already knew.

• Love 4

I'm not totally crazy about a half sister but this was a fun episode. 

Are we supposed to think Harmony is nuts or was the whole act from driving 19 hours with no sleep and adult diapers and just being jittery? 

I cracked up over Marina and Denise stalking the stalker through the store and coming up with podcast names. And Sarah finally able to scare Connor in the end.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Are we supposed to think Harmony is nuts or was the whole act from driving 19 hours with no sleep and adult diapers and just being jittery? 

I think she was nervous more than anything.  But I think mostly that part of the portrayal was heightened, giving the show the role as unreliable narrator to play into the Halloween horror-story like theme to make her 'Misery' Tom.  As soon as they started to cop to it and the jig was up, Harmony calmed way down.  Of course her name is Harmony so maybe she is supposed to be a little kooky.

• Love 1

I figured out halfway through what the twist was (when Marina and Denise spied Harmony going on about having to "do it and get it over with" my train of thought went, "Is she an aspiring writer who wants Tom to look over her novel?  Then why would she need the water bottle?  DNA!  She's their half-sister!") but still found the episode to be really enjoyable.  I was wondering if Harmony was going to be a misdirect and the store employee would turn out to be the real stalker (since he kept going on about how he and Tom were good friends), but no. 

Can't say I'm excited about the idea of adding another sibling.  I was hoping that the DNA test would prove that Harmony wasn't related to them and that her father was a different co-worker that their dad could point her towards.  I know the ratings for this show have never been the best but are they "let's introduce a secret half-sister" bad?

• Love 4

I wasn’t excited to watch this one, as I don’t usually dig Halloween episodes, and this show has always been kind of “Meh” to me. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I guess only time will tell if the half-sister twist will be good or not.

• Like 1