Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: The End of STR Laurie

• Start Topic

The firm learns major funds are being held by the government due to Russian sanctions, which ultimately leads to a discovery of the FBI's interest in the firm. Parents sue a college for tuition refunds, raising the question "Who is responsible for the ongoing racial discord in this country?"

Streaming: October 20, 2022

• Like 1

How on earth they are going to resolve everything in the next 3 and final episodes?

Another good and very packed episode. Although I am a bit lost with where the reality ends and the surreal begins.
I mean that female judge was a caricature, right? You can't be a judge and behave like this in the court, right? Can you?
The sight of a secret black organization perfectly organized must be a nightmare for white supremacists.
I liked Jay and Marissa working together again. Can we have a spinoff? The Good  Investigator?
Loved the scene with Diana and Liz at the end dancing.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Great episode but I don't want Diane cheating on Kurt. I know Kurt's working with NCIS right now(LOL) but come on Diane, you two have a richer relationship. Common interests are one thing but there IS something deeper there with Kurt.

I will admit that I squeed when Diane started reciting William Wordsworth.....

I really don't want this show to end. I want CM and AM on my screen every week in some form together...

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Unpopular opinion here, but this episode felt so flat to me. I don't know if Diane is under the influence or what. I'm very surprised that the writers would take her character in the direction they have. Perhaps it's to show exhaustion on Diane's part of having to deal with the world and it's issues the last few years (Trump, COVID, widening divide politically between people) but it seems really out of character for her to be contemplating leaving her marriage. 

Anyway, none of the trial cases have felt as vivid they did in previous seasons. I'll watch to the end, but I'm not seeing the quality I have before. 

• Love 1

Diane! You wench!

Was the judge a bit prejudiced in favor of Diane because of the diamond in a thunderbolt thingy they both had?

Aw geez, it's Wakanda in Chicago. 😉 (Actually, that organization is basically a 2022 version of the Black Panthers, no? Wonder how much Marvel/Disney paid for the timely product placement?)

Carmen has become a major potential liability with those shady clients of hers.

Why is Diane assuming Dr. Bettencourt would be willing to have sex with her? He has agency she is ignoring in her drugged state. If the situation were reversed she'd be offended to say the least.

Carmen brought the receipts on the FBI! That undercover agent wasn't well-prepared if she accidentally compromised another federal case.

Looks like Reddick Lockhart is about to be rid of STR Laurie.

Lol, Kurt called at just the right time. Or did he? I don't like the idea of Diane cheating on him so maybe they'll come to some kind of new understanding about the future of their marriage.

• Love 1

There can't possibly be a happy ending, can there? There are so many weird things happening, and coincidences, like the judge also having a lightning bold thing, I wonder if this whole season is just Diane's trip. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1

Its just like what happened in "and just like that". As an audience we went through how awful the woman felt when the man cheated on her but then a few years later she blythely cheats on him and we're supposed to not see the hypocrisy. It would at least make more sense if Kurt and Diane seemed unhappy or had grown apart but we haven't seen anything all season that implies that their relationship has changed.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:06 PM, Shorty186 said:

I will be really upset if the writers break up Diane and Kurt now because they changed their mind last season. Damn Gary Cole being so in demand.

I think the writers will make a grave error if they go that route. Diane and Kurt are a popular like as a couple. Considering the show is ending, why bother going that route now?

On 10/21/2022 at 3:27 AM, Zaffy said:

The sight of a secret black organization perfectly organized must be a nightmare for white supremacists.
I liked Jay and Marissa working together again. Can we have a spinoff? The Good  Investigator?

I was thinking during their scenes that it had been a huge mistake to make Marissa a lawyer. Nothing she has done as a lawyer has been as interesting. (Although her quizzing the FBI agent wasn't that great -- maybe it's Jay rather than investigating as such.)

I kept thinking that the man from the Claire Huxtable organization looked familiar but I was shocked when I looked him up and found that it's because Daniel Breaker plays Sara Bareilles' husband in Girls5Eva.

• Like 1