Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: The Body Stitchers

• Start Topic

Oh boy.  Another stretched out serial killer storyline.  Ho hum.  This is almost as bad as, "there's a mole in our organization" storyline.

I did think it was cute that Sam's dad and Arkady are friends now.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 3

I called it about Collins less than half way through the episode.   They were talking so much about the perps always having a jump ahead of the FBI, so I thought, "betcha it's Collins".  

I wonder if they are going to wait for the season break to pick up this story line again.  Thank God there wasn't any of Deeks & Kensi acting like idiots about their teenage adopted daughter.   And I adore Sam's father - it really seems as if it's the older actors who really make this show watchable.  

• Love 2

I know that this must be the annual sacrifice to the gods of Halloween but I didn't like the let's go 'Criminal Minds' shtick the first time around and it did not get any better this time. Psycho-analyst (showing myself out in a minute) basically had a big red arrow over his head from the first moment he showed up on screen. I

Also: are Callen and Sam pulling an Alicia and Kalinda???

• Love 1

I love seeing Alicia Coppola, and I had been annoyed that they never wrapped up this storyline, and here it is, not wrapped up again lol. But they better settle it before season's end because if they hadn't got renewed for this year it would've been left twisting in the wind and I hate that.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, CheshireCat said:

Enlighten me, please 🙂

The Good Wife: two main characters were all of a sudden no longer in scenes together (the reason is still one of tv history's biggest mysteries - i.e. ironclad NDAs for everyone on set.). Just joking since last week Sam was mostly absent and this week it was Callen.

• Like 1

Did they mention where Callen was? This was a bigger mystery to me that who is/was the body stitcher people.  That part of the episode was meh to me.  This one seemed more about the case and no detracting, or in this boring episode, interesting, filler. 

Like others, Sam's dad and the Arkady references were the only interesting things happening.  Here I was hoping Arkady would come in for banter with Sam.

15 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I love seeing Alicia Coppola, and I had been annoyed that they never wrapped up this storyline, and here it is, not wrapped up again lol. But they better settle it before season's end because if they hadn't got renewed for this year it would've been left twisting in the wind and I hate that.

I didn’t even remember it so It wouldn’t have affected me lol!

• Like 1

Kilbride was right--this isn't an NCIS case, so I hope this is the last time we see these guys. I found it super boring and just so many stupid things like nobody shooting the guy before he steps into the elevator or when he steps out (nobody carries a taser?). And LAPD wouldn't open a murder investigation unless they'd a) found a body or a body part or b) found evidence of foul play, which means a whole lot of other things would've happened, like searching Mike's apartment, talking to the property guy, discovering his mom's body. For a crime drama, the writers don't seem to know much about how to investigate. And what FBI agent yells out his name unless he's trying to tip someone off? Just too many stupid things.

But Raymond I like, and him with Arkady--just imagining that was the best thing in the episode. And why no word on why Callen was absent? Could the writer not come up with something besides him taking more time off with Anna?

• Love 1
On 10/26/2022 at 3:46 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Did they mention where Callen was? This was a bigger mystery to me that who is/was the body stitcher people.  That part of the episode was meh to me.   

Yeah, that's always the problem when one character is largely absent and they don't address it. I'm guessing they're addressing it and then it gets cut for time. Sure, the episode works without us knowing but do they think we care so little about the characters that we won't notice and wonder? 

On 10/26/2022 at 12:46 AM, LittlePeas3 said:

Did they mention where Callen was?

Yes. At the beginning of the episode, Sam's dad joked about calling Callen, and Sam said he was out of town.

I called Collins pretty early on, especially after it was stated that the gang didn't come off as especially smart.

Finally managed to catch up... I had completely forgotten about the Body Stitcher even though I know I watched the episode within the past 6 months or so as I rewatched a lot of episodes. But it slipped from my mind again, as did that we never got a conclusion. But once they reminded me, it felt wrong to not have Callen there. Couldn't they have left Rountree and/or Fatima out of this episode? They had nothing to do with the original and it feels unfair that they got to take part in the investigation that led to the reveal of the killer instead of Callen. 

Too bad that we didn't get to see Arkady and Sam's dad interact. I would have loved to see that. I also like Sam's dad as a character. Can we put Fatima into Ops, get rid of Rountree, get a minimum of Killbride, go back to the original dynamics between Callen, Sam, Kensi and Deeks and get a few more scenes of Sam's dad and Arkady? Since Callen is marrying Anna, that should be no problem.

I'm also chuckling how present Arkady now is in Sam's life due to Callen marrying Anna and because he and Sam's dad are friends. It makes rewatching the episode where Sam teases Callen that marrying Anna would mean Christmases with Arkady etc so much more fun to watch. I wish the writers would remember that episode and write a reference to the teasing at one point but since the internet says Sam's full name is Osama and Sam's dad just called him Samuel, if I'm not mistaken, that's probably way too much to ask. (Seriously, do they not keep notes of those things? And if not, why not?)

• Love 1