Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Pink Cloud

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Upton's dogged pursuit of a missing teenage girl leads the team into a dark web of human trafficking. Chief O'Neal becomes involved with the unit's investigation when it becomes evident his son, Sean, has a connection to the missing girl.

Airdate: 10/19/2022

Great episode but too much Hailey and her limited expressions.

Her fans on Twitter are calling her phenomenal actress for the rooftop scene with Abby. 🙄

Did she forget to comb her hair or she thought she’s in a shampoo commercial or something??!

Voight and Adam were totally being sidelined.

Am sorry but the Sean’s actor isn’t easy on the eyes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, mommalib said:

As much as I don't like Hailey I have to admit I'm intrigued by the boss son being involved in sex trafficking. 

And yes an Atwater episode next week. 

I believe next episode is not till 11/2. Next week is repeat because of the World Series 

• Useful 1
On 10/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, mommalib said:

As much as I don't like Hailey I have to admit I'm intrigued by the boss son being involved in sex trafficking. 

8 hours ago, preeya said:

WOW! Upton is now the Sherlock Holmes of Chicago PD.

I rag on Upton a lot (deservedly), but here she was competent and did what any good detective would do...start connecting the dots if something wasn't adding up. So kudos for putting the pieces together. 

There

7 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Her fans on Twitter are calling her phenomenal actress for the rooftop scene with Abby. 🙄

There was some great acting on that rooftop. And it was all done by Abby. The young lady in that role nailed the part.

Come to think of it, anybody having to listen to Felony Barbie prattle on like that would want to take the Newtonian way off that roof.

When they were hauling Abby's remains away at the scene I figured it would just be another tragic ending to a CPD story involving Upton. I  really wasn't expecting them to go where they did, and honestly I'm glad they did.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Am sorry but the Sean’s actor isn’t easy on the eyes. 

OK, so I'm not the only one. Speaking of eyes, all I could think is that the actor would be a good fit in a "The Hills Have Eyes" movie.

I'm going to hell. I know. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
11 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

There was some great acting on that rooftop. And it was all done by Abby. The young lady in that role nailed the part.

Yupp. Her mixed emotions were evident. She went from slightly hopeful to realization then devastated. It’s heartbreaking… 💔 

4 hours ago, hookedontv said:

OK, so I'm not the only one. Speaking of eyes, all I could think is that the actor would be a good fit in a "The Hills Have Eyes" movie.

I'm going to hell. I know. 

Hey, at least we didn’t call him ‘mantis’ like some people in Reddit. 😆

giphy.gif

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • LOL 3

Good episode. Hailey did some good police work. But I really did notice her lack of range in the rooftop scene. I feel like the actress expects the words to carry her, but with acting, it's the delivery of the dialogue over the dialogue itself. 

I watch on Peacock so I can't see the previews for next week. But I'm happy it's an Atwater episode. 

ETA: Totally unrealistic for Voight to let Hailey continue working the case after getting chewed out by the boss. I loved that scene though. 

Edited by Nintra16
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Nintra16 said:

Good episode. Hailey did some good police work. But I really did notice her lack of range in the rooftop scene. I feel like the actress expects the words to carry her, but with acting, it's the delivery of the dialogue over the dialogue itself. 

This is my biggest complaint with the show. The character of Upton could be amazing (for good, evil or somewhere in the middle) if portrayed by a more talented actor. I have nothing personally against Tracy S. but as an actor she's just not that good, and playing the lead on one of the highest rated shows in the country is a waste of a good part. For a lead actor, male or female, I want that actor's character to make me cheer, curse, laugh, cry, feel aroused or repulsed...or just plain old feel something. Marina/Burgess can do that. We feel every blow her body takes in those heartbreaking scenes, and the unimaginable personal loss she endured. Hailey? I just feel empty. I look at my watch, scritch the cat, refill my soda or hit the loo when she's on.

That rooftop scene was her moment to shine, to connect with both Abby and the audience, but there was nothing there. And after Abby jumped, where was Upton's anguish? I can tell you if that had been me up there I'd have been inconsolable after she jumped. Is Upton (the character) that immune to personal torment? Or is it the actor's range? Both?

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

This is my biggest complaint with the show. The character of Upton could be amazing (for good, evil or somewhere in the middle) if portrayed by a more talented actor. I have nothing personally against Tracy S. but as an actor she's just not that good, and playing the lead on one of the highest rated shows in the country is a waste of a good part. For a lead actor, male or female, I want that actor's character to make me cheer, curse, laugh, cry, feel aroused or repulsed...or just plain old feel something. Marina/Burgess can do that. We feel every blow her body takes in those heartbreaking scenes, and the unimaginable personal loss she endured. Hailey? I just feel empty. I look at my watch, scritch the cat, refill my soda or hit the loo when she's on.

That rooftop scene was her moment to shine, to connect with both Abby and the audience, but there was nothing there. And after Abby jumped, where was Upton's anguish? I can tell you if that had been me up there I'd have been inconsolable after she jumped. Is Upton (the character) that immune to personal torment? Or is it the actor's range? Both?

I always feel like she is reading the script in every scene. While technically they are just doing that, a good actor actually inhabits the character & it feels authentic & something they would say. With the Upton character it always feels like someone else's words. Even the direction about where to stand or walk to feels so mechanical.. walk towards whiteboard, stand on spot, point to board.... I always feels like I am watching an actor try and act not a character and for a weekly TV show that's not good. It feels very one dimensional and that's pretty much why I don't even  bother with episodes like this, even if the storyline/case is good she makes me not care & just wish the hour was over.

Can't wait for the Atwater episode.... it's been wayyyyyy to long.

• Love 3
On 10/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

You literally point out my anger at Upton/Tracy being now second billed instead of Kim/Marina. My dad and I have talked over the seasons about the Kim Episodes usually being real good cause of her acting and I just don't get why Upton gets higher billing over Kim Adam and Atwater (can't remember his first name for some reason)

8 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

You literally point out my anger at Upton/Tracy being now second billed instead of Kim/Marina. My dad and I have talked over the seasons about the Kim Episodes usually being real good cause of her acting and I just don't get why Upton gets higher billing over Kim Adam and Atwater (can't remember his first name for some reason)

Kevin Atwater

She probably gets top billing because she has other credits to her name.  We all may not care for her, but people knew her from other shows before they brought her on.  For the actors who play Kim, Adam, and Kevin, this show was their break into the business.  Tracy's agent is probably also better at negotiating.

9 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Kevin Atwater

She probably gets top billing because she has other credits to her name.  We all may not care for her, but people knew her from other shows before they brought her on.  For the actors who play Kim, Adam, and Kevin, this show was their break into the business.  Tracy's agent is probably also better at negotiating.

Honestly can't say I notice. I didn't know any of the actors before they started on this show & billing credits mean nothing to me. I don't even notice them on the screen.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Guildford said:

Honestly can't say I notice. I didn't know any of the actors before they started on this show & billing credits mean nothing to me. I don't even notice them on the screen.

I don't notice either, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents to the conversation. 

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Adam (Patrick Flueger) has more credits than Tracy. This wasn't his break into the business.

Thanks, I stand corrected.  I had never heard of him before, but now I see that he did star on another show for a few years (also something I've never heard of, LOL). 

2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Thanks, I stand corrected.  I had never heard of him before, but now I see that he did star on another show for a few years (also something I've never heard of, LOL). 

I think they rank them from worst characters to best in the credits 😬

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

LOL, I've never heard of any of them but I knew he had a long list of credits.

12 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

LOL, I've never heard of any of them but I knew he had a long list of credits.

In my defense, they seem to be mostly very small roles, LOL. 😉  (I mean no disrespect, just joking around.)  

On 11/2/2022 at 8:34 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Kevin Atwater

Yes his name is Kevin! Thanks it was slipping me while typing the post. Her Agent must be good cause she really hasn't been in anything of real note. I remember a Show on NBC called Revolution or something like that but the show didn't last but 3 years and she was a lead and has the same acting she had on that show (Still not really good)