Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E02: Every Scar Tells a Story

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The casting director for this show really seems to have a type. Hawkins and Carver could be brothers they look so much alike. I'm still not sure whether Carver is supposed to be a good guy or a bad guy. The mystery scar remains unresolved. It kind of seems like maybe he's some kind of adrenaline junkie.

So Gallo just happened to be banging Herrmann's niece? Sure.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I thought that I had posted a comment from my phone, but it looks like it didn't go through (or I forgot to click submit)...

I think I said something about how this episode was good fan service - Severide is everyone's hero and can do no wrong.  It's unrealistic, but it's fictional television so we just go with it.  At least now we know the writers are in on the joke too. 

• Love 1

It's been said before but the writers of this show really, really want to be writing a police procedural. I'm so tired of the fire fighters investigating all these mysteries. Might as well get a dog and a van and call it a day.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It's been said before but the writers of this show really, really want to be writing a police procedural. I'm so tired of the fire fighters investigating all these mysteries. Might as well get a dog and a van and call it a day.

I agree on the investigating. But they already have a dog in Kelly Severide. He’s incredibly loyal to his people as we see in this episode. Very protective. And he loves kids, and they love him. He’s a Golden Retriever on 2 legs. (And I mean that in the best way possible.}

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Too many kissing scenes at work! 🤨  

Weren't there only two?  I don't get Violet and the EMS Chief, but as for Stella and Kelly...  If I was married to a guy who was as hot as Severide, and he just nonchalantly took off his shirt in front of me while we were in a separate room all by ourselves, I'd make out with him too.  No one else was there, and they didn't go any further (for once).  Sorry, but I don't see the big deal.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

I loved at the end when Carver refused to tell Stella about his scar.  She was was acting like she was owed the story.  Mind your own business Stella.  Not everything is about you.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
On 9/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Weren't there only two?  I don't get Violet and the EMS Chief, but as for Stella and Kelly...  If I was married to a guy who was as hot as Severide, and he just nonchalantly took off his shirt in front of me while we were in a separate room all by ourselves, I'd make out with him too.  No one else was there, and they didn't go any further (for once).  Sorry, but I don't see the big deal.

The big deal is that these constant PDA's at work only further prove what an embarrassment Stella is when it comes to portraying a female first responder. She's an officer, and she's at work. It doesn't matter if they're in a room by themselves. It is trusted that she should act professional. This is another reason why in-house relationships are prohibited. And it gives a bad look to female first responders, especially those in leadership, who do the job the right way. They don't need to have a romantic relationship with someone they work with. It's why this show has turned into a joke. This show has devolved from focusing on an ensemble cast and actual stories about the lives of firefighters into becoming a soap opera focusing on relationship drama and the actual firefighting is reduced to a supporting role.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, KeithJ said:

I loved at the end when Carver refused to tell Stella about his scar.  She was was acting like she was owed the story.  Mind your own business Stella.  Not everything is about you.

As he should. His scar is his business. Stella Sue needs to back the hell off. It's crap like this which is why I hate what her character has become.

• Like 3
On 9/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, iMonrey said:

Wasn't that mentioned in one of the earlier seasons (the one where the guys on Truck were accused of stealing a diamond necklace while they were responding to a call.) The IAD guy they sent even mentioned it word for word IIRC.