Type keyword(s) to search

The Winchesters in The Media

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

All American, AA:Homecoming and The Winchesters have the best demos on the network.  

I think Nextstar likes series that skew older And get more eyeballs. Which Walker does. The question is what does CBS and Jared want to do. Jared probably won't leave Austin and CBS won't give up  a million in license fees. If the CW wants to play hardball Walker will probably move on to either HBO max or Paramount. Walker verse does better than any series in Live+3 and +7.

The CW is trying to program it's audience for a complete swing from Marvel type shows... including Supernatural type.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Shadow42 said:

I think Nextstar likes series that skew older And get more eyeballs. Which Walker does. The question is what does CBS and Jared want to do. Jared probably won't leave Austin and CBS won't give up  a million in license fees. If the CW wants to play hardball Walker will probably move on to either HBO max or Paramount. Walker verse does better than any series in Live+3 and +7.

The CW is trying to program it's audience for a complete swing from Marvel type shows... including Supernatural type.

That's not what Nexstar has said, when they say "older" they mean 18 - 49 instead of 18-34, which was the CW's old target demo.  They still want shows to have viewers in the 18-49 age group.  AA, AAH and TW have the highest percentages out of the shows they are airing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

That's not what Nexstar has said, when they say "older" they mean 18 - 49 instead of 18-34, which was the CW's old target demo.  They still want shows to have viewers in the 18-49 age group.  AA, AAH and TW have the highest percentages out of the shows they are airing.

Walker has the highest viewer numbers but comparatively the worst demo, meaning not the worst demo of CW shows, far from it, but compared to its higher viewer count, meaning its viewership skews really old. And the above 49+ age group is the one advertisers pay the least money for. So if Nexstar wants to keep it due to the viewership and keep it for a measly 1 million licence fee, the budget would have to most certainly take cuts. 

The spin-off is different because of the period setting, the budget is higher anyway, every period show always is because of set decorations, including the Winchesters, but its viewership and demo are meh. 

In live+3 and +7, both haven`t done terribly well this Season so far. Other CW shows have done better. 

The Winchesters on the other hand is most certainly expensive because of both the period setting and the effects shots. For CW standards, it would have been renewed already but the Nexstar 1 million licence fee is not gonna cover it. Depends on how well it does for the production studio in other distribution, like it`s already out on amazon etc to make money from it. But those kinds of numbers are never published. Neither do streaming services really share their numbers.

Oh, but I just checked, the Winchesters made it into the current Top 10 shows on HBO Max. It`s number 10. But quite good regardless for only 4 episodes out and not a super-big prestige production like HOD. 

It`s a big old mess right now.     

Shows I can see Nexstar keeping is stuff like Penn&Teller.  

Edited by Aeryn13
2 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Actually they sited a much older audience. Which is why their programming is going to consist of news and reruns of half hour comedies. And they want to develop their own programming by mid season 2023. Tvline reported it a few days ago.

No current series will make it past next season.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

And the above 49Shows I can see Nexstar keeping is stuff like Penn&Teller.  

I thought that myself but they are making the next season of whose line the finale one. If they are cancelling super cheap shows like that, I don’t see any of the hour scripted getting renewed.

• Sad 1
On 11/9/2022 at 8:35 AM, Aeryn13 said:

They might just string people along by saying that. Their expectations of cost vs. benefit numbers seem way out of whack, especially if in the upcoming Season and future they expect a heretofore unknown audience to suddenly show up for the same kind of cheap trash programming that one can already get on several outlets.

What would be the point though? They have pretty much said out right that they aren't going forward with shows that cost X amount of dollars. We already know that almost all of the shows currently airing on the CW (at least the successful ones) cost way more that the current owners want to spend. And the WB and CBS are not going to pay this yahoo anything for the rights to air their original programming. The CW is over and the sooner series like TW move on to streaming serivices the better for them. They can get on with scheduling filming and contracts with writers, actors and directors.

2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

What would be the point though? They have pretty much said out right that they aren't going forward with shows that cost X amount of dollars. We already know that almost all of the shows currently airing on the CW (at least the successful ones) cost way more that the current owners want to spend. And the WB and CBS are not going to pay this yahoo anything for the rights to air their original programming. The CW is over and the sooner series like TW move on to streaming serivices the better for them. They can get on with scheduling filming and contracts with writers, actors and directors.

If they outright said right now that they're cancelling everything, their current vierwership, even if not big, might completely implode. Then they could be liable for some compensation for previously negotiated ad rates that were determined on at least x amount of audience/demo expectations.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

If they outright said right now that they're cancelling everything, their current vierwership, even if not big, might completely implode. Then they could be liable for some compensation for previously negotiated ad rates that were determined on at least x amount of audience/demo expectations.

They probably haven't negotiated anything for 2023 yet. With only a "couple" of shows maybe making the roster ad revenue might take a hit anyway. I don't know what kind of game the new CEO is playing but mostly I think he is trying to program the audience for their 2023 lineup and erase everything Pedowitz accomplished. That is why MP left. He knew where the CW was heading and he wanted no part of it.

• Sad 1
On 11/9/2022 at 5:31 PM, Shadow42 said:

Actually they sited a much older audience. Which is why their programming is going to consist of news and reruns of half hour comedies. And they want to develop their own programming by mid season 2023. Tvline reported it a few days ago.

No current series will make it past next season.

They talked about half hour comedies which often have younger-ish skewing demos(neaer to 18-49). no one wants over-49 demos.   The ads you can sell for time slots in those shows do NOT pay good money.  Who cares about their 1 million dollar licensing fee when they would be losing whatever the difference they made up in crappy ad revenue, they'd break even to what they have been making now at best.  

They want 18-49, they want decent ad revenue.  No one gives a damn about what 65 year olds are watching because advertisers won't pay good money for them.  Nexstar does not want to keep losing money like the CW did.

The old system was the CW basically being a place for CBS and WB to make some shows while making the money back on overseas and streaming deals.  That's what Pedowitz had in place, why do you think they could say SPN would be on for as long as Jensen and Jared kept signing?  Because the CW ratings didn't actually matter that much - they made money on the Netflix licensing deal and the popularity of SPN internationally.  They let the Netflix deal die, so now CBS and WB really had nowhere for those shows and CW was basically just barely treading water, because the Netflix deal was what kept them afloat. Without it, the CW has been losing money for years.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

They talked about half hour comedies which often have younger-ish skewing demos(neaer to 18-49). no one wants over-49 demos.   The ads you can sell for time slots in those shows do NOT pay good money.  Who cares about their 1 million dollar licensing fee when they would be losing whatever the difference they made up in crappy ad revenue, they'd break even to what they have been making now at best.  

They want 18-49, they want decent ad revenue.  No one gives a damn about what 65 year olds are watching because advertisers won't pay good money for them.  Nexstar does not want to keep losing money like the CW did.

The old system was the CW basically being a place for CBS and WB to make some shows while making the money back on overseas and streaming deals.  That's what Pedowitz had in place, why do you think they could say SPN would be on for as long as Jensen and Jared kept signing?  Because the CW ratings didn't actually matter that much - they made money on the Netflix licensing deal and the popularity of SPN internationally.  They let the Netflix deal die, so now CBS and WB really had nowhere for those shows and CW was basically just barely treading water, because the Netflix deal was what kept them afloat. Without it, the CW has been losing money for years.  

The CW is already airing series that skew to 18-39 demo and they are failing miserably. The CEO wants these major studios to pony up more money to air their shows on his network. That isn't likely to happen in this slash and burn climate. Which is why Walker and maybe S&L will maybe get one more season then move to HBOM. 

The new CW is going to develop their own programming for next season. And from all indications it sounds like evening news programs preceded by half hour adult comedies mixed in with reruns. They aren't going to attract 18-39 demo with Penn and Teller and reruns of Friends, Seinfield  etc. The CW has always lost money. Nextstar doesn't really have a great track record of making money either with their other network takeover. In any case all programming on the network will be gone by next season.

Like I said the sooner Nextstar announces what shows are going to be cancelled (if they haven't informed the studios already) the better for those shows. They can then regroup and start filming for next season under new parameters. Shorter seasons with tighter content on whatever the studio's streaming service has.

Popping in because I'm trying to look into my crystal ball and not sure if my opinions will be well received but here they are.

I think that TW will be finished after this season. The simple fact is that while it's not doing terribly in the ratings, it never has able to reach what SPN did even at its lowest points. It lost a large percentage of the original audience that wasn't interested in TW story or turned off by the prequel drama and hasn't been able to win it back. And unless one is already somewhat familiar with SPN, there's no reason to be invested in TW storyline. Who is going to care about John and Mary if they don't appreciate what impact their characters would have for the future? So long as it's a niche show on a niche network, it might survive a few seasons, but it's a genre and premise that doesn't have a wide appeal.

I loved SPN, but I'm well aware that the only reason that it survived 15 seasons was because the network gave it so much support and was happy with their 1M+ ratings. It would not have flied on any other network. Most horror/sci fi shows don't survive more than a few seasons at most unless they're on cable/streaming and even top rated shows like Westworld are being eliminated. TW just isn't pulling in enough eyeballs to make Nexstar believe that it's going to have some potential to appeal to a wider audience, regardless of demo.

Walker and Walker Independence do have, IMO , more potential. They're genres that are more popular with a general audience and are somewhat limited by the network that they air on. That's not to say that I believe they'd be top rated shows on CBS or another mainstream network, but I think they'd fit in with the middle tier shows and last a few seasons each. And I think that in the end, that is what the network is going to look for. What shows they already have that can build on and  market to a wider audience. Independence can be enjoyed outside of Walker because it's connection is much lighter (distant relatives/ancestors) than TW, which is a direct prequel. If you like westerns but not necessarily cop shows (or vice versa) you can watch one but don't have to watch the other. If the SPN prequel has less of a direct connection to SPN, so that viewers didn't have to have any real understanding of the original series to enjoy, it might have a better opportunity. But in the end, it's going to be the victim of bad timing (the network sale) and the showrunners being too afraid to real take a big jump away from the original series, I have my problems with the acting and effects, but these are the primary reasons why I think that TW will get this season and probably nothing more,

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Popping in because I'm trying to look into my crystal ball and not sure if my opinions will be well received but here they are.

I think that TW will be finished after this season. The simple fact is that while it's not doing terribly in the ratings, it never has able to reach what SPN did even at its lowest points. It lost a large percentage of the original audience that wasn't interested in TW story or turned off by the prequel drama and hasn't been able to win it back. And unless one is already somewhat familiar with SPN, there's no reason to be invested in TW storyline. Who is going to care about John and Mary if they don't appreciate what impact their characters would have for the future? So long as it's a niche show on a niche network, it might survive a few seasons, but it's a genre and premise that doesn't have a wide appeal.

I loved SPN, but I'm well aware that the only reason that it survived 15 seasons was because the network gave it so much support and was happy with their 1M+ ratings. It would not have flied on any other network. Most horror/sci fi shows don't survive more than a few seasons at most unless they're on cable/streaming and even top rated shows like Westworld are being eliminated. TW just isn't pulling in enough eyeballs to make Nexstar believe that it's going to have some potential to appeal to a wider audience, regardless of demo.

Walker and Walker Independence do have, IMO , more potential. They're genres that are more popular with a general audience and are somewhat limited by the network that they air on. That's not to say that I believe they'd be top rated shows on CBS or another mainstream network, but I think they'd fit in with the middle tier shows and last a few seasons each. And I think that in the end, that is what the network is going to look for. What shows they already have that can build on and  market to a wider audience. Independence can be enjoyed outside of Walker because it's connection is much lighter (distant relatives/ancestors) than TW, which is a direct prequel. If you like westerns but not necessarily cop shows (or vice versa) you can watch one but don't have to watch the other. If the SPN prequel has less of a direct connection to SPN, so that viewers didn't have to have any real understanding of the original series to enjoy, it might have a better opportunity. But in the end, it's going to be the victim of bad timing (the network sale) and the showrunners being too afraid to real take a big jump away from the original series, I have my problems with the acting and effects, but these are the primary reasons why I think that TW will get this season and probably nothing more,

If SPN was still on, it also would have declined in the ratings by now. All networks are down comparatively to what they once were. Shows that were on the same time as SPN like NCIS or Grey`s that used to be juggernauts, also percentage-wise have been down compared to their heydays. The same is true for all CW shows, the same would be true for SPN. If people actually expected Winchesters to draw the numbers even SPN drew in its 15th Season, they were very wrong. That was never going to happen, regardless of its reception.

I also don`t think anything on the CW is ever going to draw even a million again. If shows on bigger networks that used to draw 15 million are getting around 5-6 million now (and new shows even lower) and CW in its best days and for the most well-liked shows got roughly 3 million, they are and will remain under 1 million. Period. Nexstar is whacked if they expect more.     

Walker is vievers-wise the highest-rated show at around 700-800k. Independence on the other hand has been doing badly in both viewership and demo, it`s currently the lowest of the CW scripted shows so I doubt it will continue. Granted, I highly doubt The Winchesters will as well or anything on the CW but the Walker spin-off is hardly an example of success potential at this point. And everything on the CW would get slaughtered on a bigger network, including both Walkers or the Winchesters or anything. They wouldn`t be mid-tier there even in dreams.   

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

If SPN was still on, it also would have declined in the ratings by now. All networks are down comparatively to what they once were. Shows that were on the same time as SPN like NCIS or Grey`s that used to be juggernauts, also percentage-wise have been down compared to their heydays. The same is true for all CW shows, the same would be true for SPN. If people actually expected Winchesters to draw the numbers even SPN drew in its 15th Season, they were very wrong. That was never going to happen, regardless of its reception.

I also don`t think anything on the CW is ever going to draw even a million again. If shows on bigger networks that used to draw 15 million are getting around 5-6 million now (and new shows even lower) and CW in its best days and for the most well-liked shows got roughly 3 million, they are and will remain under 1 million. Period. Nexstar is whacked if they expect more.     

Walker is vievers-wise the highest-rated show at around 700-800k. Independence on the other hand has been doing badly in both viewership and demo, it`s currently the lowest of the CW scripted shows so I doubt it will continue. Granted, I highly doubt The Winchesters will as well or anything on the CW but the Walker spin-off is hardly an example of success potential at this point. And everything on the CW would get slaughtered on a bigger network, including both Walkers or the Winchesters or anything. They wouldn`t be mid-tier there even in dreams.   

Walker Independence has more gain's in viewer retention than any other show including Walker. All the numbers will be considered when they decide who stays or goes.

10 minutes ago, Shadow42 said:

Walker Independence has more gain's in viewer retention than any other show including Walker. All the numbers will be considered when they decide who stays or goes.

The only numbers that will be considered by Nexstar are "how much money can we make with x show?"

With their only possibly revenue being ad rates. Currently I'd say with that in mind they can't make a profit on any show. And the producing studios who can technically make a profit via other possible revenues have to deduce if the budget vs. the miniscule licencing fee can still work out in their favour.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The only numbers that will be considered by Nexstar are "how much money can we make with x show?"

With their only possibly revenue being ad rates. Currently I'd say with that in mind they can't make a profit on any show. And the producing studios who can technically make a profit via other possible revenues have to deduce if the budget vs. the miniscule licencing fee can still work out in their favour.

If they are judging by advertising Walker and Indy have about 20 minutes of episode and 40 of ads. TW is just about the same. Advertising doesn't seem to be a problem.

7 hours ago, Shadow42 said:

If they are judging by advertising Walker and Indy have about 20 minutes of episode and 40 of ads. TW is just about the same. Advertising doesn't seem to be a problem.

I mean the rates they can get advertisers to pay. Which go by viewership and specifically demo. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

So I happened on Nextstar other channel. Other than a few very late night reruns and infomercials it's entirely News and currently airing ads for "truthful" talk news with mostly conservative pundits and guests.

No original programming at all.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:29 PM, Shadow42 said:

So I happened on Nextstar other channel. Other than a few very late night reruns and infomercials it's entirely News and currently airing ads for "truthful" talk news with mostly conservative pundits and guests.

No original programming at all.

And that is exactly what will become of the current Nextstar (formerly CW) after next season or perhaps sooner. We may get word that after the series finish in May that all are cancelled including Walker, Independence, S&L, and TW. There are NO guarantees with this group. 

• Like 1
On 11/30/2022 at 4:36 AM, Shadow42 said:

Series return dates for 2023 were announced

The Winchesters Jan 24 @ 9pm

Not a great sign, IMO. Networks will generally move a show's time if there is a gap that they want to fill, or if a show is underperforming. My guess in this case that it's a bit of both. It is not promising that TW is being moved out if its lead show position. The Professionals is probably going to be cut pretty quickly because it's got some of the poorest ratings, but TW hasn't been strong enough to lead the night and get eyeballs. Depending on what gets aired at 8pm, we might get more of a window on whether the network is trying to reposition TW for future success or if they're just going to run the clock out. 

2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Not a great sign, IMO. Networks will generally move a show's time if there is a gap that they want to fill, or if a show is underperforming. My guess in this case that it's a bit of both. It is not promising that TW is being moved out if its lead show position. The Professionals is probably going to be cut pretty quickly because it's got some of the poorest ratings, but TW hasn't been strong enough to lead the night and get eyeballs. Depending on what gets aired at 8pm, we might get more of a window on whether the network is trying to reposition TW for future success or if they're just going to run the clock out. 

The Professionals is a limited run show anyway. When was it shot? Two or three years ago for one Season? I really have no idea what CW thought they would accomplish with it, other than it was a cheap aquisition. 

As for moving the Winchesters and putting it on after an encore episode, now the cancellation spree from last spring bites them because they really don`t have much to fill the timeslots. Not even cheap international stuff or reality. So pairing a show with encores of itself is pretty much one of their only avenues left.

While I`m not optimistic for any show on the CW - which production company can or will take the lousy 1 million licence fee? - I don`t think this particular scheduling movie means anything one way or another.   

And the Winchesters has been doing relatively well for CW standards in its night. It has not underperformed as per the current network average. A show that has been doing also really well after its move to fall? Stargirl. It has gotten good demos which is what advertisers look for, above total viewers. And yet, it has been cancelled. What does it mean? Nexstar wants super cheap garbage only. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

It's not underperforming, it has the best demographics for a new show on the network.  They moved it because they need to fill the time slot as Professionals is over(it was only one short season), they put on the encore because episode 7 is supposed to be a big episode for starting to reveal where the story of the season is going and to air that and episode 8 together after a 6 week break makes perfect sense(not that my sentence does, sorry).

I would bet they'll pair it with Gotham Knights starting the next week.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

It's not underperforming, it has the best demographics for a new show on the network.  They moved it because they need to fill the time slot as Professionals is over(it was only one short season), they put on the encore because episode 7 is supposed to be a big episode for starting to reveal where the story of the season is going and to air that and episode 8 together after a 6 week break makes perfect sense(not that my sentence does, sorry).

I would bet they'll pair it with Gotham Knights starting the next week.

Almost right. :)  Apparently, it will pair with Season 9 of the Flash which is supposed to return on January 31th.

That makes sense insofar as the Flash is so goofy, it is an 8 p.m. show and Winchesters with at least a little bit of gore fits with the 9 p.m. slot.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Almost right. :)  Apparently, it will pair with Season 9 of the Flash which is supposed to return on January 31th.

That makes sense insofar as the Flash is so goofy, it is an 8 p.m. show and Winchesters with at least a little bit of gore fits with the 9 p.m. slot.

Makes sense, I didn't even realize The Flash was still going I thought it had already ended. LOL

But what it also shows, given it's a Tuesday night, that they may feel confident enough in The Winchesters demo that they believe it can be OK with the move and possibly loosing a couple of points off it as usually happens in the 9pm time slot(it will still be doing better than most of the shows on the network even if it does lose3 a couple tenths)

44 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Makes sense, I didn't even realize The Flash was still going I thought it had already ended. LOL

But what it also shows, given it's a Tuesday night, that they may feel confident enough in The Winchesters demo that they believe it can be OK with the move and possibly loosing a couple of points off it as usually happens in the 9pm time slot(it will still be doing better than most of the shows on the network even if it does lose3 a couple tenths)

Flash has been confirmed for a final Season of 13 episodes so it would still have to go about 8 weeks after the Winchesters concluded. Maybe it will be paired with Gotham Knights? Or Superman and Lois? I`m seeing conflicting infos about the scheduling again. 

That is one thing Nexstar seems to keep. The CW has been bonkers about scheduling for years now. The Winchesters already had 2 or 3 breaks in the first 7 episodes? Not a great way to build momentum for a brand-new show. 

• Love 1

Shows generally keep their slots if things are going well. They'll get moved if ratings are less than the network is looking for, or if the ratings are good, they might move the show to lead in new or weaker shows (to help boost their ratings). TW being moved to a 9pm slot is a very clear indication that it's the former. The ratings have not been good and they've been falling, not just for live views but views for the following week. The network is apparently hoping that by putting in a new or stronger show in the 8pm slot that it might help TW. The problem is that outside of Walker, the network really doesn't have a lot of strong(ish) shows. And they're not going to separate Independence from Walker. 

It's possible that Gotham Knights might end up as the lead in show, but the buzz about GK has been pretty lackluster under the best of circumstances (and positively toxic at worst) so I can't see how that set up might help TW. Getting a mid-season addition as your lead in is not a sign of success and there is no question that TW needs help. And now that we're halfway through a short season, I don't know if they've got enough room to turn things around.

3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Shows generally keep their slots if things are going well. They'll get moved if ratings are less than the network is looking for, or if the ratings are good, they might move the show to lead in new or weaker shows (to help boost their ratings). TW being moved to a 9pm slot is a very clear indication that it's the former. The ratings have not been good and they've been falling, not just for live views but views for the following week. The network is apparently hoping that by putting in a new or stronger show in the 8pm slot that it might help TW. The problem is that outside of Walker, the network really doesn't have a lot of strong(ish) shows. And they're not going to separate Independence from Walker. 

It's possible that Gotham Knights might end up as the lead in show, but the buzz about GK has been pretty lackluster under the best of circumstances (and positively toxic at worst) so I can't see how that set up might help TW. Getting a mid-season addition as your lead in is not a sign of success and there is no question that TW needs help. And now that we're halfway through a short season, I don't know if they've got enough room to turn things around.

Apparently, they are not putting any show in front of it but will keep doing an encore of the Winchesters in the 8 pm slot and the new one later. I mean, they could switch that around but their overall problem is still that they don`t have enough shows left at this point to fill all the slots.

And the ratings, while they have slipped - which, with a new show, having three breaks within the first 7 episodes is not helping - are not that bad. Independence is a lot worse so that wouldn`t help anything as a lead-in. And Gotham Knights is bound to be even worse than that. 

The strongest show the CW has in terms of demo which advertisers care for above viewership is All American. That is their only "hit". Walker has the viewers but not really the demo. And recently they aired some reality-TV-ish specials that got more viewership than any scripted project. I don`t see the network going on as a real network. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Yep on the CW timeslot means pretty much nothing.  They moved SPN around every few years and it generally had nothing to do with ratings, which were always steady(except that time they moved it to Friday nights trying to kill it, and it didn't work LOL).

And with the The Winchesters they are apparently playing the previous week's The Winchesters episode in front of the new episode for the rest of the season, which is hardly a criticism of it's performance "this show's ratings suck, let's show it twice"?  How much sense does that make?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

So the CW is starting to announce renewals. So far only All American has made the cut.

Wow, I didn`t think they would be renewing anything. Well, it is their highest-rated show demo-wise, meaning, you could negotiate the best ad prices for it. And it did so badly in Season 1, only because the network gave it a shot did it gain viewership over the summer due to the Netflix deal. Maybe that could be a lesson in investing in the future. Then again, maybe not.

On 11/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, Aeryn13 said:

They might just string people along by saying that. Their expectations of cost vs. benefit numbers seem way out of whack, especially if in the upcoming Season and future they expect a heretofore unknown audience to suddenly show up for the same kind of cheap trash programming that one can already get on several outlets.

Except I wouldn't be back.  It will be easy to delete the app and not look back.  I'm sure there are those that enjoy trash TV... I'm just not one of them.  I'm only checking out Flash and the Winchesters  Once it's clear there is nothing here for me to see, I'll delete and move on.

I do think the Winchesters turned out much better than I expected. 

• Like 1

That's not a surprise.   It's am expensive show to make.  I bet Gotham Knights will be cancelled, too.

Unlike Walker Independence, there was no big cliff hanger, so at least most - of not all - the questions were answered.

Just now, Brown44 said:

If Kathryn Newton would have committed to a full season instead of a part timer Wayward Sister's would have been picked up with a better chance of a 2nd season.

I agree on WS, but less Claire would've been better.  I think it wasn't picked up because the ending of that ep made it seem like the focus was mostly on her, and the character didn't resonate with the fans.

12 minutes ago, roamyn said:

agree on WS, but less Claire would've been better.  I think it wasn't picked up because the ending of that ep made it seem like the focus was mostly on her, and the character didn't resonate with the fans.

The episodes that she did revolved around her so why wouldn't she have been the main character? I truly believe Newton either didn't want to do it or she only wanted to be a part timer. And the old CW regime was only gonna greenlight a pilot with Newton doing a full season bc she's basically the only name in the cast.

4 hours ago, Brown44 said:

she's basically the only name in the cast.

"Name" being subjective.  I don't think she was at the time, tho she was certainly on her way.

And I would say Jody & Donna were bigger pulls to the fans.  But we're getting OT, so that's all I'll say here.

(edited)
15 hours ago, roamyn said:

Name" being subjective.  I don't think she was at the time, tho she was certainly on her way.

And I would say Jody & Donna were bigger pulls to the fans.  But we're getting OT, so that's all I'll say here.

I'm not saying she was a superstar but by the time the rumors of a show with the Wayward Sister's she was already getting jobs in other tv and movie stuff, to the point that she was busy doing other project stuff that they had to write her off that she was on the hunt somewhere else when they would visit Jody.

Edited by Brown44