Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Double Honeymoon and Seeing Double

Pallas
  • Start Topic

Acting like Jackie is just some old maid who has never known love is just part of the destruction of the character and I hate it.

I'm convinced some of the writers have never even seen the original show. And the others don't really care about continuity anyway. It's sort of baffling because the main reason people watch this show is sentiment for the original. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm convinced some of the writers have never even seen the original show. And the others don't really care about continuity anyway. It's sort of baffling because the main reason people watch this show is sentiment for the original. 

Sentiment and misplaced nostalgia are the only things keeping me with the program.

First, what is wrong with being single? I would rather be single than have a husband who abandons me with two children.

Second, Jackie was married with a kid and her own house. She has lived independently her whole life which is more than I can say for Darlene.

Edited by qtpye
  • Applause 3
  • Love 16

Jackie was married with a kid and her own house. She has lived independently her whole life which is more than I can say for Darlene.

That is apparently no longer canon on the reboot. They have never mentioned Fred or Andy and if it's because something happened to them so tragic nobody ever mentions it, I cannot imagine the entire family piling on top of Jackie the way they did in this episode. For some awful reason the show thinks it's funnier if Jackie is pathetic. (It's the hallmark of many Chuck Lorre characters but he's not writing for this reboot so I guess that's not unique to him.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Can we talk about how the hotel room that Harris and Mark were staying at was a lot nicer than the honeymoon cabin?

Isn't Neville a veterinarian?

I think he should be able to afford a decent honeymoon on his salery and not have to share with another couple.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2022 at 7:33 PM, ams1001 said:

Uh, Dan, just because you leave before they find the damage doesn't mean they won't charge you for it...

I thought that was so strange!  Ditto to putting a shoe or whatever in place of alcohol in the mini bar….once they find out you took it they will charge you after the fact.

Jackie is my favorite character so I didn’t like the teasing.  It didn’t feel like the usual ribbing these characters give each other.  It was mean.

Did Michael Fishman not want to come back?  DJ didn’t have a huge part but it was weird not having him in the opening and I actually thought his acting was decent.  Especially weird since it seems his daughter is a regular now.  

I love John Goodman but his voice sounded weird to me.  Almost like he had dentures that didn’t fit or something.  Anyone else notice this?

On 9/22/2022 at 9:09 AM, HerkyJerky said:

Is it my imagination or has Harris (Emma Kenney) gained a lot of weight since last season?

I don’t know if it’s that or just very unflattering and tight outfits.  She resembles Darlene in the mouth (both don’t have lips) but I also do see a resemblance to Roseanne.

ETA ok I just read all comments and indeed you all did notice John Goodman’s voice.  Glad it’s not just me!

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 2
On 9/22/2022 at 2:41 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Finally, I like kids and everything but the actress that plays Beverly Rose skeeves me the bluedilly fuck out!  She’s pretty but she sounds like a homicidal doll; I wish they’d recast.

Her voice is HORRIBLE.  Does she add an affectation to her own voice or is that real?  I was really freaked out when I heard it.

• Applause 2
On 10/20/2022 at 5:53 AM, mostlylurking said:

I don’t know if it’s that or just very unflattering and tight outfits.  She resembles Darlene in the mouth (both don’t have lips) but I also do see a resemblance to Roseanne.

But how can that be?  They are not really related.  How can Harris resemble Roseanne?

Mark is painfully thin.  It looks like his legs are going to break at any moment.

13 hours ago, Oosala said:

But how can that be?  They are not really related.  How can Harris resemble Roseanne?

You mean the characters?  Isn't Harris Roseanne's biological granddaughter?  Maybe I'm misunderstanding the question.  I do remember thinking the Harris actor had a strong resemblance to the Darlene actor (her "mother") when she was first cast.  Not sure I see it as much now, though.

• Love 1