Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Sins of the Father

Trini
  • Start Topic

Season Two picks up with Thony desperately trying to find her son, Luca, after he was kidnapped by his father Marco. With nowhere else to turn, she enlists the help of FBI Agent Garrett Miller to track him down before they leave the country. Meanwhile, an incident involving Chris forces Fiona to shield her son by any means necessary.

Airing: Monday, Sept. 19.

I guess that's one way to get rid of Marco.  I'm thinking it was probably a mistake to make Marco FI's brother because it's going to seem weird if she doesn't mourn him.

I was surprised Hayek figured out Arman's deception so quickly but that was a nice twist.  The only I don't like is that it looks like Arman will be stuck in jail for a while since they weren't able to get all the money out.

How can the feds block the crypt wallet?  Isn't that the point of crypto?  It's not easy to stop.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, paigow said:

Motel manager going to make the mistake of blackmailing Thony.

As soon as I saw the actor (Mac Brandt) playing the motel manager I knew there would be repucussions to the "accident."  He always plays a sleazy character.

image.png.f5b49962a04aa0475ed09cad24dfa18b.png

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1

Hey, someone listened to me and now they are translating the Spanish dialogue in the closed captions. Thanks!

I figured they were going to get Marco out of the picture somehow -- just didn't think that it would be at the hands of his nephew! Or that he'd be gone so soon. Man - I actually really like Chris and Fiona, and I don't want them to have this extra drama/stress/crime over their heads.

So I did chuckle a bit at the opening cleaning montage - but it was Arman. So I don't see how if (okay, when) Arman gets out how he would be able to go back to the club/etc. now that Hayak knows he betrayed him, and is out to kill him. I'm guessing that Hayak is the next major player to die. However, Hayak's daughter is still technically owner of everything, so I don't know how they'll resolve that.

So is bribing the judge to release Arman off the table? They didn't say how much cash Thony and Fiona managed to withdraw; is any of that going to make it to Nadia? I don't want them fighting over money as well as Arman, but that's probably exactly what's going to happen.

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I guess that's one way to get rid of Marco.  I'm thinking it was probably a mistake to make Marco FI's brother because it's going to seem weird if she doesn't mourn him.

I haven't seen the fall down the steps death in decades. Fiona's first concern is her son. If I remember the set up correctly Fiona embarrassed the family by getting pregnant with another man and her 90 day petitioner backed out  after they arrived so she stayed in America with Chris

12 hours ago, Raja said:

I haven't seen the fall down the steps death in decades.

It was also a very short fall, maybe one flight of stairs. I doubt he already would have been dead when he landed.

In keeping with the theme of the show, they should have had him spend a couple of days in a coma before he was pronounced brain dead then turned him into an organ donor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Raja said:

Are we suggesting that Thony could have done it, if she wanted to.

She is the type of doctor who loves to play God.

Getting pressure off of his brain may have been enough to restore his pulse, and I can see her as finding a way to do a ventriculostomy on a seedy staircase in the middle of the night if she thought it would serve some purpose for her.

12 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

In keeping with the theme of the show, they should have had him spend a couple of days in a coma before he was pronounced brain dead then turned him into an organ donor.

Arman looks like he needs a new liver... Of course Marco would have been compatible  because Thony has a type

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, paigow said:

Arman looks like he needs a new liver... Of course Marco would have been compatible  because Thony has a type

Maybe there would be an organ that Lou Diamond Phillips could have used. After all, they now owe him something. This show is all about retribution and payback.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:03 PM, Trini said:

Hey, someone listened to me and now they are translating the Spanish dialogue in the closed captions. Thanks!

I figured they were going to get Marco out of the picture somehow -- just didn't think that it would be at the hands of his nephew! Or that he'd be gone so soon. Man - I actually really like Chris and Fiona, and I don't want them to have this extra drama/stress/crime over their heads.

So I did chuckle a bit at the opening cleaning montage - but it was Arman. So I don't see how if (okay, when) Arman gets out how he would be able to go back to the club/etc. now that Hayak knows he betrayed him, and is out to kill him. I'm guessing that Hayak is the next major player to die. However, Hayak's daughter is still technically owner of everything, so I don't know how they'll resolve that.

So is bribing the judge to release Arman off the table? They didn't say how much cash Thony and Fiona managed to withdraw; is any of that going to make it to Nadia? I don't want them fighting over money as well as Arman, but that's probably exactly what's going to happen.

Bribing a judge, all the prison guards that were shown were in the gang's pocket. The Armenians had power but I never got the feeling it was that overwhelming in the first season. The money which is missing seems to be just enough to keep a high end nightclub going during rougher times. The sisters were taking a day to pull it out in cash probably at the store limits, in a couple of envelopes at a time.

I don't see how they can unlock it to become the money cleaning lady for the rest of the season. and since Thony has already worked with the FBI I don't care how desperate Arman becomes only a fool would go down that trap as he has to have that source of money if somehow Agent Garrett or even lawyers force the release of the hold

Edited by Raja
  • Like 1
On 9/19/2022 at 10:54 PM, Irlandesa said:

How can the feds block the crypt wallet?  Isn't that the point of crypto?  It's not easy to stop.

Last year, many US pipeline control systems were hacked and ransomware removal was paid via crypto... those guys were caught because the FBI received wallet tracking capability... so freezing the wallet is not unreasonable...

Edited by paigow
  • Useful 3

The Cleaning Lady is a very good show....but, I just don't agree with anything Thony is doing or has done in the past!.  Marco was right, Thony is staying in America becasue of Arman. I really don't blame Marco for wanting to take his son away.  Thony is continuing to deal with Arman who is THE bad guy and being associated with Arman is putting their son is harms way all the time.  And Chris?  He clearly PUSHED Marco down the stairs!!  How unrealistic that Fiona or Thony didn't show any feeling towards Marco's death.  If Thony would've listened to Marco and not bring Fiona or Chris, none of this would've happened.  Even in tv shows kids push their parents around and have their way.  I'm pro-Garrett here, but even he is going to end up given in and helping Arman either directly or indirectly.  TCL is a very good show, but I'm having a difficult time seeing the main character as the good guy, which is what the show id trying to do .  There is no way I can root for her or Arman.  For this reason, I'm placing the show on the bubble for this season.

ps - I hope the hotel dude blackmails Thony until the end of time....or at least until he gets shot, which probably will happen in the next few weeks.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rr2911 said:

The Cleaning Lady is a very good show....but, I just don't agree with anything Thony is doing or has done in the past!.  Marco was right, Thony is staying in America becasue of Arman. I really don't blame Marco for wanting to take his son away.  

ps - I hope the hotel dude blackmails Thony until the end of time....or at least until he gets shot, which probably will happen in the next few weeks.

Marco burned all her relationships in Manila. He ripped off all their friends. She lost her job and professional reputation. Luca is alive because of Arman [and the private hospital], not because of anything Marco did.

Arman has lost most of his crew, but he might have 1 or 2 minions remaining that can eliminate the motel manager when Thony asks... 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, paigow said:

Marco burned all her relationships in Manila. He ripped off all their friends. She lost her job and professional reputation. Luca is alive because of Arman [and the private hospital], not because of anything Marco did.

Arman has lost most of his crew, but he might have 1 or 2 minions remaining that can eliminate the motel manager when Thony asks... 

.  I never said that Luca is alive because of Marco

.  I've already acknowledged that the hotel dude will probably "get it" in the next few weeks

I just don't agree with Thony's decisions.  She is not a good person and neither is Arman in my opinion.  I know I'm in the minority on this but, oh well!

• Thanks 1