Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Saturday

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Looks like Archer's back to normal: Scoring with multiple women on a Friday night, jousting on a police horse, hungover for a mission (ON A SATURDAY!). Loved the return of his tinnitus.

Hey, it's Kenan as the broker! I liked that he knew every mobster by name. I really liked when he pulled guns on Archer and Lana (WHY didn't she check him for weapons?!), then decided to go rescue AJ after hearing about how sad her life story was from them. AJ definitely knows Archer's her biological dad, right? She didn't react when he mentioned it.

Pam is totally the best Aunt ever. But dammit, Robert just had to establish boundaries. I don't know who sucks more, him or Fabian. Cyril just keeps getting sadder, he got his ass kicked by AJ. Several times. Man, AJ is pretty great. And sassy. I can definitely see the Archer sass in her. And his love of exotic animals. I missed Babou so much, I thought the show forgot about him.

"They traded the right to bear arms for having limp fries!" Even when Malory isn't there, we still get some "classic her." Loved seeing her office again (and Archer being disgusted that AJ WAS just drinking juice).

THIS felt like a return to form. That was a classic Archer adventure.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

So….has the gang never worked a Saturday before?

AJ is both Lana and Archer in the most interesting of ways. 

Pam would actually make a fun aunt. 

And then we have a classic Archer/Lana fight that goes over the whole AJ history.  But my favorite lines

“So you faked a kidnapping to make me care?”

“Only the first kidnapping.  The other one was real.”

Other favorite line:  I built it so all the murder went that way.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Other favorite line:  I built is so all the murder went that way.  

"Are you our demolitions expert now?"

"It's more a hobby/religion for me."

57 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

So….has the gang never worked a Saturday before?

I honestly can't imagine Malory working a Saturday.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 1

Once again, hoping Fabian and Robert get killed by season's end. Either/or, but preferably both. You just know that AJ's Grand Day Out will leak, and Robert will use that against Lana while fighting for custody. And yeah, Lana's occupation is beyond hazardous, she's surrounded by toxic people, and she can be toxic herself . . . but Robert, though.

Another reason for AJ to stay with her mother . . . it makes her (biological) father want to be a better person. He won't say it, but Archer probably thinks not having a father screwed him up, and he'd want to be there for AJ . . . but he'd actually try to be an adult about it. To balance that, this is probably why we get stuff like Archer auditioning for the stage adaptation of A Knight's Tale.

No Ray. Probably for the best.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:32 PM, Galileo908 said:

Cyril just keeps getting sadder, he got his ass kicked by AJ. Several times.

From the AV Club review: "In the past, she’s mostly just been an excuse to milk some feelings out of Lana, and, to a lesser extent, Archer, with no real characterization beyond 'sweet kid.' 'Saturday' attempts to rectify that, painting a picture of her as both Lana Kane’s daughter and Malory Archer’s granddaughter: A hyper-competent polymath who, like any right-thinking woman with good boundaries, enjoys beating the shit out of Cyril Figgis." Hard to argue with that. I'm hoping the kid can become more than something for Lana to fret about every episode. I'm also thinking the final season will be a flash-forward of her as a spy. I keep imagining Pam being her boss.

And damn, AJ's voice actor nailed her channeling Malory.

Kenan Thompson was Kenan Thompson. Guy always brings his A-game . . . this time as a guy mobs want to kill, albeit reluctantly. Especially fun to watch the Broker react in horror than Archer and Lana are AJ's parents, and that Lana didn't conceive her in the usual way.

Babou's back! Maybe the Wee Baby Seamus will appear in a few weeks? I have this idea where Archer forwards Trinette child support and he doesn't bitch about that and not seeing the kid . . . and then he finds out Cyril is the father. Recipe for a rampage, right?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2022 at 8:32 PM, Galileo908 said:

AJ definitely knows Archer's her biological dad, right? She didn't react when he mentioned it.

Did she hear him say it? I don't think she knows. Of course, her rapport with Babou leaves no doubt that she is. 

I liked Kenan Thompson didn't do his regular 'Kenan Thompson'. And I think he's funny; I'm not criticizing. I liked the choice of the posh affect for who the character was. 

I am a little disappointed that they somehow made it out of the jungle, and there's no follow up from the medical briefcase. Not that any of them would care about the medical briefcase. I just thought there would be more to it. 

I was thinking, why is AJ so much older now, but we've had such a gap in real life with the coma seasons. 

I knew there was going to be the horse callback, as I'm sure everyone did, but it landed. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I was thinking, why is AJ so much older now, but we've had such a gap in real life with the coma seasons.

I was thinking the same thing. She was born at the end of S5, so it would be logical to assume she's 7-going-on-8. If she's older, that would mean seasons 6-7 and/or 11-12 took place over a longer period of time. Or she could be pre-tween, and she's that brilliant due to education, classes and genetics. She probably also gets skeeved by Robert as well. I'd rather she get raised by Other Barry.

• Like 1

Catching up before the new season starts... What's up with Fabian's accent/speech style? Last season he sounded vaguely British but now he's channeling Elmer Fudd and Daffy Duck with a generic American accent. Did anyone else notice or do I need to get my ears checked?