Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: I Love You. I Know.

• Start Topic

Racers jet off to Bathurst, N.B., where they must put their footwork to the test; some teams realize they might not be doing as well as they thought. (Sept 6, 2022

With how far they were back, plus the extra challenge I'm shocked Brendan and Conner made it.

• Love 2

The boys are my favourite team, so I am so glad that they were not eliminated. Pretty smart too to see the alternate route and have it pay off. I do like Court and Ali though, so am also sad to see them go.

My second fav team is Catherine and Craig. Craig makes me tear up pretty much every episode, and Catherine is so impressive in her determination and talents. Honestly, though there is one I don't really care for, I think  all teams are deserving and will be happy with whatever team ultimately wins. I have enjoyed every moment of this season, and the showcasing of our beautiful country has been outstanding. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 4

I'm rooting for Brendan and Connor also, they tend to be upbeat most of the time, and seem like nice guys.   That road block was one of the toughest I've seen in a while,  would have taken some teams out of the running for sure.  I liked Court and Ali also, and am sad to see them go. 

• Love 2

I’m also happy the guys are still in it. They’re genuinely enjoying themselves, even when they’re doing poorly. Court and Ali seemed nice, but I felt we didn’t get to know them as well as the other teams.

Beverley and Veronica are really getting a mean girls edit. The editors seem to go out of their way to show lots of snotty remarks and arrogance. Maybe that’s all they do, I dunno. I’ll be happy when they’re eliminated, fingers crossed.

During the tap dance challenge, I noticed that the younger girl joined each racer when they tried to do the dance. Court did it 13 times before he got it right, and Brendan (or Connor, I don’t know) did it 17 times. That means that girl did that dance 30 times just for those two, not to mention how many times the other 4 teams tried. Egads!

• Love 2

I wonder if there might have been a task that was edited out, because we never saw them use the lobster trap. They used the chairs at the tap dance challenge.

The boys made up some serious time, and the Speed Bump was one of the more difficult ones we've seen in a long time. I would have taken forever to chop that wood.

Beverly and Veronica aee getting a mean girl edit, but you can't invent them saying all the stuff that they are saying. At the beginning of the leg, they said that they haven't come in first yet, but feel like they have earned it. Well, when you ACTUALLY COME IN FIRST, then you'll have earned it. Women should be confident about their abilities, but too often B&V have a sense of entitlement that rubs me the wrong way. Then again, my dislike for them is still mild, and I'm still ok with any team winning it.

What bothers me most about B&V is that they have chosen the only other all-woman team as their rival. All teams are their rivals, yet they are laser focused on Team Frenella. It bugs me that some women have to be “I can only win if they lose” to each other. B&V also have an annoying habit of commenting how “hawt” they look in various outfits. Sorry ladies, no woman looks hot in pioneer clothes. 

I could see Brendan and Connor getting some sort of hosting or commenting gig out of this. They have the enthusiasm and good cheer for it.

• Love 2

B&V are caustic for sure, but they should concentrate on the fact that they are still there by their own merits, no express pass, no alliance like Frenella, who honestly make me grind my teeth with all the shrieking.   They also put B&V up for a delay in the race tho I can't remember what type it was, and I'm too lazy to look.   

As I said, I'm an NBer but I haven't spent much time up North. In fact I've only been up there once, and that was a school trip back in the nineties. Looks like they had perfect spring weather for their trip there. 

The loading challenge said they would use "SOME" of the items they are loading in the future. I bet the teams were trying to figure out what the trap would be used for, but it ended up being the chairs instead. (Though maybe a challenge was edited out; it doesn't feel that way). 

Damn that dance challenge really shook things up. Loved Catherine's reaction as she was trying and then finally getting it. I get the feel that a lot of the attempts were called off early, but man they were probably there for hours practicing that. 

I checked the map; the Glamping location is pretty much on the opposite side of Caraquet from Pokeshaw beach. Glamping is near Shippigan right on the tip, while Pokeshaw is on the north shore, on the Baie de Chaleur. So finding the alternate route was a legit tactic that paid off.  I do wonder what route they took that paid off.  Everyone seemed to be saying they were taking the 11 which should be the more direct route, but the 135 might be faster due to being an inland route. I just can't really see where the fork in the road is that they split up at.  

*Edit* Just peeked at the ep again, and the fork was a lot earlier than I expected, almost right after they left Cielo. They cut up to Evangeline. Google Maps actually suggests their route for the fastest way. The boy gained maybe 3 minutes/2km by going that way and that probably made all the difference. 

It was fun listening to the non NBers mangling some of our simpler names like Bathurst and Caraquet. They were close, but you could tell they weren't from around here. 

Edited by Taeolas
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Court and Ali were nice, but they were not DRIVEN to win like the rest of the teams, and I figured they would succumb eventually. 

Damn, that dance challenge looked tough. When it was first being demonstrated to one of the boys, I had the same face on as he did when it just kept going and going. The speed bump was really hard, too. I wonder if it would have been something different if one of the female teams had come in last, because the upper body strength needed for that would have had them there for much longer.

The remaining teams are all strong enough, that I would not be upset at any of them winning. I can't help but root for Catherine, but I'm betting on the boys or Frenella.   

I’m rooting for the brother/sister team.  Although at this point, I’m enjoying all the teams. Franella are probably my least favourite.  After they bumped B&V, they said to Jon, no hard feelings.  You’re not allowed to say that, it was you who did the dirty to B&V, why would you have hard feelings?  Also, they kept saying the girls would do the same to them, but they don’t know that.

Then, after they screwed Catherine and Craig, about the alliance, they said, well, I guess the alliance is over, but that’s okay.  Again, they’re the ones that ended it with no warning, so of course they’re okay with it.

They just irritate me a little.  😁. But they’re definitely great racers.

• Love 2