Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Down in a Hole

• Start Topic

Max and Rosa begin to uncover what Liz has been hiding, leading her to make a rash decision. Meanwhile, Michael and Maria struggle as their trail to locating their missing friends runs cold.

Airdate: 08/15/2022

Kyle's back, so the episode starts out with a "C" (for Cheekbones).

Good god, they have a stargate now??  Episode is now a C- due to lack of originality.

Isobel being Ms Miyagi to Tezca. Dallas also being all Yoda to Bonnie, Rosa being "McGonnagal" to Maria...yeesh.   

Michael/Kyle would be so much more fun if they were drinking tequila/Acetone, hanging at the crashdown.

and Outlaw Liz has a huffing addiction alien mist.  Cue Intervention.

I miss the days when it was a cast of 7 (pod squad + Maria/Kyle/Lizand Alex). 

Questions for those who have better memories than me:
1. Did Michael's console get broken/burned to pieces back at the end of season two?  
2. How does Michael know what his Mom'a handwriting looks like?

Heavy heavy heavy heavy on expository dialogue writers.  I know you don't have 22 episodes but I know you can do better than this.

Pink Penis Sword will never not be funny. 

• Love 5

Omg I dont care about the back stories of Tezca/Bonnie/Shivani. Its so boring, I literally dont care. Just give me the characters I actually care about.

Still no Alex. 🙄 This story is moving at a snails pace. 

Michael/Kyle were the only good parts. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Good god, they have a stargate now?? 

That was pretty much what I thought too:

image.thumb.png.e57e08dead710b91961ef02dac8b6450.png

But, since any new Stargate show proposals keep fizzling, I didn't mind it too much.
Got to keep the dream alive?
Plus, I kind of liked the Southwestern craft style to the stargate.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The Evil Liz storyline would only work in my mind if she was able to be paired up with Jones. That would be the power couple right there. And it would have to be at the beginning of the season. Not with so few episodes left. Also, when is Max going to get a set of balls? He’s such a push over with Liz it’s annoying.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Yay Kyle! Boo to only 2.6 seconds of interaction with Isobel. 

I don't care about Liz and her reversion to using her loved ones and their DNA for her own means.  She's is an asshole at her core and I'm tired of everyone trying to save her from her own assholishness. 

I also laughed at the Stargate.  I couldn't even be mad at the lack of originality because 1) the absurdity and the audaciousness of the absolute lack of obfuscation of the blatant cribbing from another show was one of the most genuinely entertaining things of the episode (both on its face and in a meta sense) and 2) if you're gonna plagiarize, might as well steal something people like. 

As of this episode, Alex has been absent from 75% of this season and counting.  Tezca's back story has had more screen time than him.   I want to make this very clear, I DO NOT care about Tezca's feelings - not her guilt, not her woobification, none of it. She's fine. I don't hate her.  But there are only 2 episodes left of this season and I don't need her wasting my time or Izzy's. We both have better things to focus on, i.e. Kyle.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

I am sad to say that I’m really happy this is the final season. I really enjoyed season 3 but this year I am bored to tears. The better story would have been Bonnie and Clyde resurrecting Jones or bringing him back thru Max. Liz huffs the alien mist sooner and evil Liz and Max/Jones have a torrid affair (if you could even call it that). Build the season around those two trying to balance their bland, white bread side with their selfish evil side.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Cryonix said:

Wonder why there has been no Alex hardly this season😔 maybe the actor found a new show to star in & this is the final season so only perhaps 2 episodes left for Alex to return. 

He had a back injury and couldn't shoot much apparently. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Yeah, that is an actual Stargate, that's hilarious. I guess if your going to copy from other shows, they are at least copying from a good show, and the southwestern aesthetic was cool. 

Liz is really riding the asshole train, and while Liz is often smug with a worrying lack of interest in medical ethics, she was extra bad this week, I guess because of her "addiction" or whatever this is. 

Kyle's back! Even if he and Isobel only shared one hug, I am glad that he is back in the action, and the hug was better than nothing. I just wish we could spend more time on our actual characters and not all of these new people, who I just do not care about. All of these new aliens and the scientist lady are just taking up space. Its probably why I liked the Rosa/Max scene and everything with Kyle and Michael, they were with characters I am actually invested in.  

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3