Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E05: Week 5

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Last week she specifically said that as B'ette, "you're supposed to be the only thing these guys care about."  WTAF.

This is the part that made no sense.  She cancelled the event where she could have been seeing all the sights and getting cheered up and distracted, and kept the event where she would be laser-focused on just the guys...the same guys that she didn't even want to see at all just a few hours earlier.

I don't know what that type of faded jeans is called, where it's only faded in a narrower vertical area, but I have literally never seen any man wear them, only women.

But she started the cocktail party by explaining about Logan, so Tino did know the reason why, when he said what he did.  I was glad he did say something because although I wasn't wild about his choice of saying he didn't "feel seen", I do think that if I was one of the guys on the cancelled date, and after seeing her continually get so distraught over how it made her feel when guys she barely knows chose not to be with her anymore, I would start to feel really, really insignificant and unimportant to her....like, "Girlfriend has very few opportunities to see me, and here she is cancelling one of the few.  Guess I don't really mean that much to her."  And how can she not realize how they would feel at this type of cancellation, when it is basically the same type of rejection that she is having a major meltdown about.

Speaking of bachelor in training, did anyone see Celebrity Family Feud on Sunday?  They had 2 couples on each team, plus one extra person.  One team had Michelle and Nayte (obviously filmed awhile ago), Serena and Joe, and then Rodney from Michelle's season.  The other team was Becca and Thomas, Mari and Kenny, and Mike from Hannah's season.  It got me to thinking that if none of the guys are stand-outs from this season, and so far to me that's the case, then maybe TPTB would be considering Mike or Rodney.

Katie had the best group of guys.  I follow a lot of them on IG.  Fun, handsome, great personalities.  Plus, they still hang out groups and visit each other.  Then you look at these guys.  Sorry they just aren’t exciting to me. I did see some things about Nate in the media….noooooo.

• Love 1
On 8/9/2022 at 9:41 AM, Alexander Pope said:

I really liked Jesse in that moment.  The way he drew on his own experience as the bachelor put him a cut above Chris Harrison as a host for the first time in my book.

Agree! Jesse has filled in nicely. I don’t even miss Chris Harrison. 

Yep, Johnny didn’t seem into Gabby. She was wearing a tiny bikini but he didn’t look that interested. He has pretty eyes but looks older than 25. 

Gabby has a fantastic figure. Her outfits are revealing but not in a trashy way IMO, although some weren’t really appropriate for the event. 

Rachel shouldn’t have canceled the date. Why? So she would isolate and wallow in misery? Better to forget Logan, go out and try to have a good time with the others. Gabby looked shocked when Rachel told her she canceled. I think of the two of them, Gabby is a better bachelorette. She can be light-hearted and fun when she wants to. 

I like Nate and Zach. Jax, ITA! I thought I liked Tino but he turned me off this episode. He seemed smug.

Gabby needs to stop the bobblehead nods and the constant “uh-hums” which are worse.  I had a coworker who did that. I always felt like I had to rush my sentence or she’d cut me off, or she was saying it to get me to shut up.  Talking to her actually gave me anxiety!

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
On 8/9/2022 at 4:26 AM, dizzyd said:

Is it a thing to have dinner dates near the altar of European churches?

In Belgium, the churches are sometimes no longer used as churches or they do double duty. I used to live in Ghent and there were things like craft markets and art exhibits held in the churches. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

Katie had the best group of guys.  I follow a lot of them on IG.  Fun, handsome, great personalities.  Plus, they still hang out groups and visit each other.  Then you look at these guys.  Sorry they just aren’t exciting to me. I did see some things about Nate in the media….noooooo.

I think its crazy how nates ex gf has screenshots , texts, etc and we are only hearing one side - wherher he was a bad boyfriend or not , this person releasing all this personal info and trying to “ ruin” him is embarassing . Just for spite. I miss the days of breakups that may have been painful but not all the personal stuff that should ne kept private . I cant imagine anyone wanting to date someone who is willing to air dirty laundry. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I think its crazy how nates ex gf has screenshots , texts, etc and we are only hearing one side - wherher he was a bad boyfriend or not , this person releasing all this personal info and trying to “ ruin” him is embarassing . Just for spite. I miss the days of breakups that may have been painful but not all the personal stuff that should ne kept private . I cant imagine anyone wanting to date someone who is willing to air dirty laundry. 

I’m hoping he’s a good guy.  I really like him.but I don’t think Gabby is ready for instant motherhood.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/11/2022 at 6:56 PM, Diana Berry said:

I’m hoping he’s a good guy.  I really like him.but I don’t think Gabby is ready for instant motherhood.

He seems great, but that is the edit he is getting . Im interested in hearing both sides. And lol giys and gals, be super careful what you text it can be used against you 😬

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 8/11/2022 at 8:18 AM, nlkm9 said:

I think its crazy how nates ex gf has screenshots , texts, etc and we are only hearing one side - wherher he was a bad boyfriend or not , this person releasing all this personal info and trying to “ ruin” him is embarassing . 

Is this referring to something on SM cause I don't remember hearing about it in the ep or the previews...what is it about?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Is this referring to something on SM cause I don't remember hearing about it in the ep or the previews...what is it about?

I dont do much social media execept facebook , but reality steve had all the texts, screenshot, etc etc n his website. the takeway is be careful what you text someone because everything can be kept and used against you. this is not your mothers breakup lol, where yu just break up and go your own way.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

here is a quote I just pulled off the internet that his ex said <<“I don’t want to affect his future, but it’s important for me to try and prevent another girl from being blindsided by his secrecies.”>>>

of course you are affecting his future and I dont believe she is doing it for the greater good lol.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

It is strange that ex-girlfriend would be willing to share a timeline with a large number of photos of her relationship with Nate but I don't blame her for being shocked to see him on Bachelorette talking about having a daughter he never once mentioned during the 1.5 years they dated. The ex found out about Nate's child by watching the show. Nate also cheated on her and she got hurt.
She sees him getting a great edit - perhaps even promotion to be the next bachelor and I guess she was resentful. 
I too thought Nate seemed like a nice guy but usually where there's smoke there's fire and I hope he is NOT picked as the next Bach.

Reality Steve says he gets a lot of negative info about contestants every year but he won't publish any of it unless the person reveals their name and can prove their story. Although the ex overshared I think it was a story that should be told. I can't imagine why he would hide his child from someone he was dating for that long.

Again, id love to know the 2 sides. I can admit in my dating past ( many many moons ago) i gor very attached to someone, considered him my boyfriend and got carried away with it . Turns out he was dating others and at the time I did not understand. I do remember an ex of pilot pete ( ugh) came out trying to ruin him being the bachelor and I guess i dont understand the level if bitterness to try and ruin someone because they hurt you. And her claims to be doing it not to affect him but to help is silly. Its very possible they were dating casually and he was not ready to introduce his child. Again, i look forward to hearing his side. In my opinion, everyone gets hurt in their dating life and to seek revenge seems to be a very sad thing to do. 

• Love 2
On 8/9/2022 at 6:12 AM, Madding crowd said:

The guys all seem like they are there to be on TV and a lot of 25-26 year olds aren’t ready for marriage yet.

I totally agree about the men wanting to be on TV! And I know from trudging through the dating apps that a lot of 35 to 40-year-old guys aren't ready for marriage yet either 🥴😆

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2022 at 5:34 PM, LakeGal said:

I would lose my patience with Rachel.  She keeps cancelling everything to feel sorry for herself.  She sends guys home because she likes other guys more.  But a guy can't like someone (Gabby) more than her.  

I am, too. I mean, you will end with only one guy. ONE. Stop comparing yourself with Rachel, it's irrelevant!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I think Nate is recently trying to explain his behavior by claiming he was fresh off his divorce and confused. But according to the ex girlfriend he told her they were exclusive and acted as if the relationship was serious.

The confusing point was that he DID TELL the other girl he secretly dated at the same time all about his daughter!

I agree with you that the girls shaming Nate in public is sad but I think what he did was deceitful and was worse. He hid his prior marriage and his daughter from someone he seriously dated for 1.5 years. That's a long time to be so close to someone and not discuss such a major part of your life. I wonder if they ever discussed wanting to have children?

Agreed if that is the truth. Its really a he said she said despite all her screen shots, we dont know what really happened between them and how serious it was. He may have been a jerk, he may have told her and she was way more serious than he was. There are 2 sides and then the truth. The only obvious thing i see is she wants revenge and attention and so far she has succeeded. Again i will never understand trying to ruin someone out of spite. Sad.