Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: A Thief, A Mole, An Orgy

• Start Topic

When Frank goes missing, Harley and Ivy follow clues that lead them to a highly unconventional party alongside Gotham's elite, including Commissioner Gordon, who is hungry for campaign donations.

Original air date: August 4, 2022

Bit of a letdown, though I’m thinking we needed a calmer episode with less action. And more . . . pixelated fucking? I guess?

Bruce Wayne wearing an owl mask, casting a Batman shadow behind him . . . beautiful. Even though he was just there to keep tabs, he needed a break from people making an unauthorized movie about his father.

Does “ZoidBane” work as a nickname? Because Bane is the Zoidberg of this series. Poor guy . . . it’s so hard to be that yoked yet unable to strip at an orgy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't like this Catwoman. She's supposed to be "cool," but really she's just rude and mean.

They totally forgot that Joker knows Batman's identity. They never undid that, did they?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ruby24 said:

They totally forgot that Joker knows Batman's identity. They never undid that, did they?

Joker had amnesia because Harley tossed him into the chemical vat... He became a regular bar owner with a non-criminal wife... Eventually, his memory came back, but the Batman / Bruce Wayne link did not...

• Love 1

I think this was "the episode where we address the differences between the couple we created at the end of last season so we can move forward without it being a constant problem" episode.

It was also a bit of a set up episode since now we have a bad guy for our bad guys to fight, and we gave Gordon a way forward with his running for mayor storyline.

• Love 1
On 8/4/2022 at 7:25 PM, paigow said:

Joker had amnesia because Harley tossed him into the chemical vat... He became a regular bar owner with a non-criminal wife... Eventually, his memory came back, but the Batman / Bruce Wayne link did not...

Or he remembers but pretends not to because it's more fun for him that way.  He obviously hated finding out in the first place.

• Useful 1

While some episodes this season have had some fun bits, it's all not working for me because I don't buy this version of Ivy being with Harley. She's too normal I guess? It's felt like every episode is Ivy trying to convince herself she's really into Harley.

For this episode specifically, I liked the Eyes Wide Shut music and the Batman silhouette. Was the old Mayor really in a coma or is he dead and they're just saying he's in one? Pretty sure that thing is straight through his heart.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, Nellise said:

It's felt like every episode is Ivy trying to convince herself she's really into Harley.

Yep, which is why I thought that the point of this episode was to put that to bed.

It's maybe one episode later in the sequence where I would have liked to have seen it, but I believe we're done with the doubts about the relationship. 

• Love 1

Well, we might done with Ivy’s (and the writers’) doubts about it, but unless they significantly change the characterizations of one or both of them the stuff that actually happens on-screen will still demonstrate they’re not good for each other.

And they are both characters with a history (in this show) of making themselves believe in someone who’s wrong for them.

That said, the writers say they are now a couple for ever and ever and ever. Let’s see if the writers actually show it or if it’s just more of the same and we have to convince *ourselves* they make sense together regardless of what we see.

• Love 1