Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Otherwise Engaged

• Start Topic

Mel and Joey both fall fast.  Charmaine got pregnant ( barely) before Mel met Jack. Charmaine hasn’t given birth yet.   Mel is far enough along to know she’s pregnant, and that it might be Jack’s.  Is she really that less impulsive than Joey?  

Having said that, I do think Joey  is moving too fast.  Now - is her fiancée backing off because he cares about Mel’s opinion …or because he thinks Mel might run a background check on him? 

Joey has children with her ex-husband.  Has she given any thought to them in this impulsive elopement of hers? 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Mel and Joey both fall fast.  Charmaine got pregnant ( barely) before Mel met Jack. Charmaine hasn’t given birth yet.   Mel is far enough along to know she’s pregnant, and that it might be Jack’s.  Is she really that less impulsive than Joey?  

Having said that, I do think Joey  is moving too fast.  Now - is her fiancée backing off because he cares about Mel’s opinion …or because he thinks Mel might run a background check on him? 

Joey has children with her ex-husband.  Has she given any thought to them in this impulsive elopement of hers? 

If you think too hard about the timeline of this show, your head will explode.  None of it makes any sense whatsoever.  It really makes a mediocre show that much less enjoyable.

• Applause 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

If you think too hard about the timeline of this show, your head will explode.  None of it makes any sense whatsoever.  It really makes a mediocre show that much less enjoyable.

I really don't get why they've dragged Charmaine's pregnancy over 4 seasons. This is ridiculous. It's not a show set in high school or tied to a particular event (say the Korean War) so I don't get why all of this has occurred over less than 9 months.

It just makes Mel look like a hypocrite that she of all people is telling her sister that she's moving too fast. And I mean, it's Dan Payne.

Dan Payne, though. Dan freaking Payne. What a sexy Daddy. My god, I've been lusting for him ever since he was the sexy daddy in The Mulligans.

Edited by methodwriter85
On 8/5/2022 at 5:44 PM, Haleth said:

You’d think these women would take 10 mins to look at a YouTube video to see what knitting looks like. 🙄

Or actually practice during those well-documented long boring waits between takes.  They look like my kids on their first lesson, with their huge needles and super fat wool (yarn).