Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E16: Dirty Laundry

• Start Topic

(edited)

Aesha finds her experienced new stew may have some learning to do in laundry; Captain Jason continues to notice Culver's lack of initiative; Brittini calls out a double standard when she notices Jamie and Culver flirting with charter guests.

Culver and Brittini both think they're being treated unfairly.

Suddenly Culver turned into Benny, wanting to have fun in the last two charters.

Brittini doesn't like the guys  being able to flirt with the female charter guests, who are sloppy drunks.

They tried to stuff too much into one day and the tides won't cooperate so the crew is trying to get back to the ship before being stranded on that beach.

Aesha wants to try to end the season on a high note but the crew won't have it, they get loaded and then come back and stuff their faces.  Someone was doing the Ashley from BDSY trick with the spaghetti with a bowl of ramen.

Nate was stressing out about making the correct combo of dishes for the dietary requirements and preferences but turns out the charter guests are too drunk to notice the food.

These guests are why I don't buy the idea that they pay tens of thousands for these 2-day charters.  They don't care about anything other than drinking.  They could get a lot more bang for the buck getting booze at beach clubs or resort bars.  Unless their secondary goal was to come across badly on television.

Edited by aghst
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, aghst said:

Brittini doesn't like the guys  being able to flirt with the female charter guests, who are sloppy drunks.

What really upset Brittini was how Jamie chastised her for chatting too much with the guys from the all male charter, then he turned around and did the same thing.  She rightfully (IMHO) called out the double standard.  

Culver made out with a charter guest, imagine the outrage had that been one of the Brittini or one of the stews instead. Wait, we don't have to imagine, look at the shade they gave Hannah on Med for texting with a guest after they departed

For arguably the first time ever, I like everyone on this cast and would love to see them all again either here or on the other Below Deck shows.

Finally, it's like the cameraman had never seen lesbians before. Just how many shots were there of them kissing this episode?

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

Like a penultimate episode several hours into the series, these comments are in the order of the episode scenes broadcast.

Benny, you squeal like a stuck pig.  Nice job (not) telling Brittini that Culver was making out with the primary guest last night.  Well, at least Brittini can now put douche and douche together and figure out Culver isn’t into her as much as he’s into Culver.

What a contrast between Nate and Ryan.  Nate is really concerned about what the guests will like and works hard at it.

These guests and their never-ending drinks orders!  How are they even conscious after a couple of hours?

I’ve discovered Bravo’s technique when an episode is particularly boring (like this one) – edit very quick cuts that happen so fast you can’t tell nothing is going on.  Seriously, increasing the scene-changing pace to frenetic will *not* substitute for nothing really happening.

When Tumi came downstairs and avoided disaster with the wineglasses that almost fell off the tray, I immediately thought “We all know what would have happened if Magda had been doing that!”

Aesha: “I’m sure Jaws is going to come on the boat any second!”  Yeah, well at least that would be something interesting.  Mind you, the drunken guests wreaking havoc in the wheelhouse were cringy, but apart from that…

I feel we’re being set up for more fake drama with the tides.  These are not strange waters, and I find it hard to believe they’d be caught by surprise in that situation.  Not buying the “all of a sudden we need to change plans” routine.

What will happen next week?  Will the crew be stuck on stranger tides?  Will Culver continue to “do his thang, dawg?”  How many guests will die of alcohol poisoning?  Will anything interesting happen for the final episode?  Stay tuned, if you can stay awake (or sober)…

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I think the show is trying to make more of a story about Culver than there really is. It seems like he's just tired and ready for the season to be over. Jason and Jamie's constant comments about it feel prompted. I don't think anyone is really slacking off anymore since Magda and Ryan are both gone so the show needs a scapegoat for the slacker storyline.

I'm not sure what's going on between Culver and Brittini either. She's making all these plans for them to get a van together and he's clearly not into her. 

These guests are why I don't buy the idea that they pay tens of thousands for these 2-day charters.  They don't care about anything other than drinking.  They could get a lot more bang for the buck getting booze at beach clubs or resort bars.  Unless their secondary goal was to come across badly on television.

I've been saying all season long I'm highly suspicious of the "charter guests." The last group in particular - how do I say this? They seemed very low-rent to me. The primary in particular did not sound well educated or articulate. What she did seem like was someone the casting agent recruited from a nearby club to play "charter guest." It's been that way all season. I'm not sure if it's Covid restrictions or just what but I think they were unable to get real charter guests for this show. Remember the one who had worked for Jason? They said he had his own party boat business. Why would he charter a yacht for a bachelor party if he owns his own party boat business?

Shenanigans.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

They would have been sent back to the harbor in a tender. Like that drunk woman that went swimming at night.

Yep. Captain Lee don't play...

Glad Brittini called out the double standard. I am so sick of Jamie and double standards and toxic masculinity bullshit. Talk about small dick energy. Maybe it's more subtle than Ryan's, but it's still there. 

It's another show, I know, but if they can bring Kyle back for another season, they better bring Tumi back and make her Queen Stew or something. She is just fabulous on all fronts. Maybe she is too good for this show. She needs a Food Network show on entertaining and being a fabulous hostess. I would totally watch her. 

That is all. 

• Love 9

Since we are all experienced “Reality Shoe Viewers”, I must say, I never saw Britini & Culver as any more than producer driven romance.  He seems too corny & naive, and dare I say, closeted gay, for Brit.  If she has actually “ fallen” for him, it’s probably because the pickings are slim. Too bad she is being edited to appear desperate and overly invested in him.   Or the producers hate women as much as Jamie does.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Since we are all experienced “Reality Shoe Viewers”, I must say, I never saw Britini & Culver as any more than producer driven romance.  He seems too corny & naive, and dare I say, closeted gay, for Brit.  If she has actually “ fallen” for him, it’s probably because the pickings are slim. Too bad she is being edited to appear desperate and overly invested in him.   Or the producers hate women as much as Jamie does.

I definitely think the feelings are a one-way street between Britini and Culver.  It was so obvious when one of the deckies referred to Britini as Culver's wife and he corrected by saying, "my sister."  That  must have stung.  But, at least she knows exactly how he feels about her.  After drinking on crew nights out Britini lets Culver know exactly how she feels and it is super cringy because he's so not into it, but doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

After drinking on crew nights out Britini lets Culver know exactly how she feels and it is super cringy because he's so not into it, but doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

Never try to talk "relationship" with a drunk dude.  Utterly useless waste of time and energy.

4 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

It was so obvious when one of the deckies referred to Britini as Culver's wife and he corrected by saying, "my sister."  That  must have stung.  

Did she hear that?  I wasn't paying close enough attention.

8 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Never try to talk "relationship" with a drunk dude.  Utterly useless waste of time and energy.

Did she hear that?  I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Yes, she heard it and remarked on it.  Hopefully it woke her up to what their relationship is...although it was a crappy way to find out.

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

ITA!  This Brit/Culv thing seems totally producer driven.  I think someone behind the scenes is whispering in Brit's ear and practically throwing her in Culv's bed.  Enh it just screams desperate by the producers because there isn't really an exciting storyline.  

I generally like everyone on this show and I think they are all hard workers.  It makes for a good running ship but a rather lackluster season.  It's kinda the problem with these BD shows.  You can only watch people do laundry, clean, and pull up anchor so many times before *yawn*

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

You can only watch people do laundry, clean, and pull up anchor so many times before *yawn*

I thought much the same when I watched "Deadliest Catch".  It's always the same -- cold, looking for crab, finding or not finding crab, someone does something stupid, repeat.  Yet I found it fascinating, because every once in a while, something interesting would break the monotony.  (:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He seems too corny & naive, and dare I say, closeted gay, for Brit.

Um - I'm glad someone else said it first. I kind of get the impression that Culver just likes the attention but yeah, I've kind of wondered why he hasn't "hit that" when she's basically throwing herself at him. 

It's kinda the problem with these BD shows.  You can only watch people do laundry, clean, and pull up anchor so many times before *yawn*

The guests are kind of make-or-break for the show, and the so-called "guests" this season just aren't bringing it. Largely because they seem like plants. A lot of them act like they don't even know each other, and that's probably because they don't. 

• Useful 1