Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, judylo said:

I don’t like tattoos but find Michael strangely attractive and amusing. And his son adores him!

Yeah I’m not into tattoos either, but Michael is a nice looking man. He and Mercy seem well suited & an authentic relationship. The fact that his son is so personable and adores him is to his credit as a father. 

• Like 3

Catching up on the newest episode. (Episode 6)

Rebekah cracked me up when she said she spent so much money on Toblerone in the gift shop to see Christian. Toblerone is yummy.

Alejandro had every right to be upset with the insinuation that his family would STEAL Kadie’s family’s possessions. Why are people crying? I don’t get it.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Why are people crying? I don’t get it

And why were her relatives, right down to the grandmother, acting like a bunch of drunken 16 year olds who had never interacted with human beings before?   I know, I know... it's like we've never seen this show.

Shane:  "no one will know I was born a boy".  Honey, Stevie Wonder can see you were born a boy.  Shane uses a "boy's" name, doesn't care about pronouns and Mum refers to Shane as him/he and also her "son".  I have to remind myself Shane isn't simply a man clearly dressing in drag for a performance and that people aren't supposed to know Shane's biology at birth.

Edited by Quof
  • Applause 1

I just saw last week's episode yesterday. What are they on about with her birth certificate being out of date according to Mexican authorities? Surely everyone everywhere only gets one birth certificate & it's only out of date once the person who's certificate it is expires.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Shrek said:

I just saw last week's episode yesterday. What are they on about with her birth certificate being out of date according to Mexican authorities? Surely everyone everywhere only gets one birth certificate & it's only out of date once the person who's certificate it is expires.

She said in Mexico birth certificates are only valid for x amount of time and must be reissued for use in official paperwork. (Like a passport I guess- your information doesn’t change but they make you reapply to get a certified copy)”?)

9 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

She said in Mexico birth certificates are only valid for x amount of time and must be reissued for use in official paperwork. (Like a passport I guess- your information doesn’t change but they make you reapply to get a certified copy)”?)

Yeah it was very strange. Made me wonder how people who have these destination weddings in Mexico manage because both the US & UK governments would just laugh at you if you asked for a "new" birth certificate with a use by date on it so that it was still valid. I guess I'm just dense because I don't understand how anyone ever gets married there that doesn't live there or was born there.

9 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Yeah it was very strange. Made me wonder how people who have these destination weddings in Mexico manage because both the US & UK governments would just laugh at you if you asked for a "new" birth certificate with a use by date on it so that it was still valid. I guess I'm just dense because I don't understand how anyone ever gets married there that doesn't live there or was born there.

I’m 99% sure my birth certificate has an “issue” date on it (I’m USC). I last got copies issued in 2001 when I got my first drivers license. I am not married or partnered, I have had no name changes and I haven’t needed to present it recently. 

Formats/information do change on birth certificates (mine doesn’t have race on it, and now they have parent 1/parent 2 rather than mother/father only). I could see a situation where if she had her birth certificate from childhood, or the hospital version not the certified government version it wouldn’t be valid for the marriage. 

On 8/6/2023 at 10:27 AM, Quof said:

Shane:  "no one will know I was born a boy".  Honey, Stevie Wonder can see you were born a boy.  

Yes! I don’t know who’s been lying to Shane but it’s very obvious he was born a boy. The long hair,spray tan,makeup, dresses isn’t enough to hide it, The voice,height,body shape, face is still very much male. If Shane feels like a women, that’s great, live your life, be happy, but shane’s friends/family should be honest knowing Shane is traveling to a country where he could literally be killed for being trans. 

• Like 1

“Chicken” (can’t remember names) is an absolute idiot. Her poor son.  He’s way smarter, saner and more reasonable than his mom.

She’s going to be a 40something single mother to a man child’s baby. I hope her son doesn’t allow himself to get sucked into taking care of the baby.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 8/13/2023 at 1:33 PM, DanaMB said:

“Chicken” (can’t remember names) is an absolute idiot. Her poor son.  He’s way smarter, saner and more reasonable than his mom.

She’s going to be a 40something single mother to a man child’s baby. I hope her son doesn’t allow himself to get sucked into taking care of the baby.

Sadly, she deserves everything coming to her. She saw this coming and family/friends warned her, so I doubt she’ll get much sympathy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Dear God, what is Louise doing with that toddler? I love Jesse and agree, he must have "seen some things" with his mom. The hair is crazy! How on earth is this boy going to get a job?

He's going on tour with Usman as rapping Jose Jalapeno & the crooning Userman.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, pwdrpuff said:

Oh lord, the gal with the DR player is not going to end well. She does know they both aren’t rich right? Gurl has champagne tastes on a beer budget. I really don’t understand her.

It's 100% the fault of her mother but she's also crazy & this is her first boyfriend, reminded me of Pedro & Pinky in more than just looks.

On 8/21/2023 at 9:20 AM, Shrek said:

It's 100% the fault of her mother but she's also crazy & this is her first boyfriend, reminded me of Pedro & Pinky in more than just looks.

Yes. Again, why is she moving there and thinking about marrying him with knowing nothing of the situation. She could've continued to date him if she wanted and get her bearings. 

I really want to see more of Michael and Mercy, who will likely have more real life issues when people from different cultures get married. 

On 8/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, cheewhiz said:

Dear God, what is Louise doing with that toddler? I love Jesse and agree, he must have "seen some things" with his mom. The hair is crazy! How on earth is this boy going to get a job?

I love Jesse and I agree that he's seen some things.

I don't think his hair is "crazy" thats how it grows out of his scalp. I do think he could shape it up a bit if he wants to wear it loose.

But the way she was doing his hair, maybe things are different in the UK/ Columbia regarding communities of color, but Jose is not her CHILD, she doesn't need him to comb his hair for him. It's a bonding experience to braid your daughter/son's hair (and she didn't even do a good job with it, I didnt know what she was doing). As a grown ass woman I wouldn't expect anyone besides my hair stylist to braid my hair for me. That along with his infantile behavior. Maybe I just don't like Louise, if she had done some decent cornrows for him or braids I probably wouldn't be aggravated. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, judylo said:

Hope all continues to go well with Shane and Mert.

Shane and Mert seem really precious, not perfect of course but their emotions seem genuine. Their conflicts seem organic to their cultural differences. I wish them all the best. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Shane and Mert seem really precious, not perfect of course but their emotions seem genuine. Their conflicts seem organic to their cultural differences. I wish them all the best. 

For some reason, maybe it’s the genuineness, they really are charming. Hopefully their issues were played up for the show and they have a great future together.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Emcber said:

For some reason, maybe it’s the genuineness, they really are charming. Hopefully their issues were played up for the show and they have a great future together.

Im getting the feeling the stuff in the preview is usual "couple stuff" but hyped up for the storyline. I liked Shane's dress, but to me it wasnt any less revealing than the one she said was too revealing for Mert's family!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Im getting the feeling the stuff in the preview is usual "couple stuff" but hyped up for the storyline. I liked Shane's dress, but to me it wasnt any less revealing than the one she said was too revealing for Mert's family!

Lol I thought the same thing the dress she chose was just as revealing.

Also, I was thinking, along with them being charming Shane and Mert are the only couple not giving massive red flags. I don’t even know where to begin with Tionne. 😂🤦‍♀️

• Like 3

I grew up in the town Tianna lives - Derby in the east Midlands. She lives in a council house (social housing - nothing wrong with that, but own it girl, you are not from money), and has champagne tastes on a cheap wine budget. She has a broad Derby accent (a sign of being low-class) but thinks she's all that, and on top of everything else is an Olympic-level nag, driven by jealousy. Her DR man needs to get out, as she has all the signs of being an abuser.

Michael is what we in the UK would call a chav. Women steer clear of his type, as they tend to be controlling.

Louise is insane to have married that idiot. Her son has more common sense in his little finger than she and Chickenman put together.

• Like 6
On 9/19/2023 at 4:45 AM, essexjan said:

For anyone who's interested, here's an article from The Guardian (UK newspaper) about Clacton. I've been there once, and it is an absolute dump. It has a district called Jaywick which is like a shanty town. I'm not surprised Mercy doesn't like it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/19/clacton-on-sea-coastal-town-voted-brexit

It looked to be a small economically depressed city. I don’t doubt Mercy could make friends, but doesn’t Michael have a business and his son there? It’s not like it’s easy for him to leave. Also it’s not as if he lived in London or a suburb with a large Kenyan community where should could interact with people from her culture while he was at work. I think these two will make it though. I think Mercy wants to be married to him it’s not just the fairytale she thought. 

On 9/17/2023 at 11:23 PM, Emcber said:

David needs to run far away. My jaw was on the floor with her reaction to the ring.

On 9/17/2023 at 11:46 PM, DanaMB said:

She is an awful person. I can’t stand her. 

This has to be fake. Why are they in such a rush to get married anyway? I think these two wanted to be on tv. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jennylauren123 said:

Hi Primetimers!

Is there a live chat for the UK version? I'm just catching up on things. Thank you!

No there isn't as it is streaming only so people watch it at different times.

I’m sitting down to watch the tell all. I like Shane in the green, and I think Mercy looks great with the lighter color hair. Her dress doesn’t fit right but that warm auburn suits her!

Jesse clearly still has a great deal of sense, I’m glad someone pointed that out- BUT Whats he supposed to do? Shane had a point, Jesse looked miserable, the $$ for appearing must’ve been worth it since his Mom was determined to do this thing. Yes, Louise and Jose having a baby was quick and ridiculous but the baby is here now they can’t undo it!

I liked this Tell All. The host was a little snarky and it was fun. I wonder what happened between Kadie and Alejandro. 

On 10/5/2023 at 5:46 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I liked this Tell All. The host was a little snarky and it was fun. 

That's what you get when you have a comedian running the show.

• Like 1