Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I watched the first two episodes and I'm still lost.  Am I supposed to know these people?  Is this a continuation of the UK version?  I don't know what the hell is going on.  I probably won't continue.

(edited)

I really don't like Brodie, the 'main character' who I feel like is in the end just an immature, obnoxious rich kid. I don't particularly the rest of the cast either...  Mingus' drag performance was well done, though The Craft is basically a music video, so they should have lipsynced to one of the songs in the film (would that have been too expensive for Peacock?)  For the LGBTQ youth rep, I think the HBO max show 'Generation' did a much better job than this. 

The original U.S. QAF had a similar episode where the club Babylon was bombed, killing/injuring people, but I guess this was meant to be a homage to Pulse, but does Pulse or the Pittsburgh Babylon even exist in this show's universe?  I really would have rather the U.S. QAF be revived with a 'next generation' slant; as it is I really don't have much inclination to continue with this; there's better LGBTQ shows on the air today, even if there weren't back when the previous QAF's premiered.

Edited by Glade

Hmmm.  I actually really liked the show as a whole (only watched ep 1 so far).  I did keep trying to align this with either a re-do (like the US show effectively 're-did' the UK one) or a tie-in, but once I let those expectations go and just learned the new characters it became interesting.  I think that the events at Babylon were an acknowledgement of the miasma of hate and violence that is occurring and the fact that those events affect the entire community all the time. It would be fatuous to have the characters existing in an AU without that environment, but it would feel unearned in-show to have them afraid without providing context.  

I think that they did a pretty good job overall, especially given all of the expectations that fans of the first two iterations would have going in, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. 

• Love 3
On 6/12/2022 at 1:27 AM, Glade said:

Mingus' drag performance was well done, though The Craft is basically a music video, so they should have lipsynced to one of the songs in the film (would that have been too expensive for Peacock?)  For the LGBTQ youth rep, I think the HBO max show 'Generation' did a much better job than this. 

I thought that was The Craft- thank you. 

• Love 1

It was meh.

So everyone is tied to everyone else in some way shape or form as the original.

What I enjoyed in the original is that it didn't take place in some fancy place like New Orleans or LA but in Pittsburg. Plus the fact that it was filmed in Toronto.

Is it me or was drug use pumped up to 100 in this reboot from the original?  

7 minutes ago, greekmom said:

It was meh.

So everyone is tied to everyone else in some way shape or form as the original.

What I enjoyed in the original is that it didn't take place in some fancy place like New Orleans or LA but in Pittsburg. Plus the fact that it was filmed in Toronto.

Is it me or was drug use pumped up to 100 in this reboot from the original?  

I thought the original (US I mean) had plenty of drug use. Many of the characters used drug recreationally and then Ted developed an addiction. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1