Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation for The Challenge: USA

• Start Topic

I dunno about this.

So it's The Challenge . . . but it doesn't have anyone that made the franchise in/famous. It'll have stars from four of CBS's reality series . . . but not the ones that have become regulars on The Challenge. The winners will then take on players from other countries . . . places that are holding their own Challenge competition. And TJ Lavin is hosting because The Challenge is 90 percent of what he has right now. Oh, and you have to remember that you got this, The Challenge (airing on MTV) and The Challenge: All Stars (Paramount+).

Am I weird for being pessimistic about the show?

(edited)

Here’s a description of the game:

Upon arrival, the CBS reality titans are given $1,000 to start their individual challenge accounts, and they quickly discover they must battle to keep and increase their handsome reward. In each episode, an algorithm pairs contestants who will face off to earn money for their accounts by winning challenges or eliminating their opponents. This will not be an easy task, as they will be paired with a randomly selected competitor every episode, making alliances and strategies more difficult than ever. Players must adapt to survive the game and protect their challenge accounts. With the $500,000 grand prize and title of Challenge Champion on the line, players will be in a constant state of paranoia, unable to trust anyone but themselves.

I can see why this was never use in the “regular” series. A lot of players would hear “algorithm” and just have a heart attack on the spot.

ETA: I can imagine Cory hearing the word "algorithm," then running in a random direction, screaming his head off out of pure terror.

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1

I can't get excited for this yet but I will tune in anyway.

On 6/1/2022 at 11:29 PM, Lantern7 said:

Am I weird for being pessimistic about the show?

As a fan of the flagship Challenge show on MTV, I'm pessimistic about the show.

• Love 1

Interesting format.

But let's see if these contestants try to organize alliances before the shooting somehow or organize them once they figure out how to hack the game.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/10/2022 at 2:27 AM, millennium said:

I'm so jazzed to see Tyson Apostol in a Challenge uniform.   🤮

%^@!$ sacrilege.

Funny . . . when I last saw him in Winners at War, I figured that he would’ve been a Challenge veteran if the series had imported from other series back when he was originally playing. I thought he was too old. Different format, but he’s on the show.

Quick question: am I a hater for reading a post about Xavier and then commenting  that it wasn’t impressive he won Big Brother? It’s a mix of my hate of CBS slobbering over that show and the fact that Josh Martinez won. If you’ve seen that goof on The Challenge, you’ll understand why any past and future winners lose a lot of shine.

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)
1 hour ago, millennium said:

"Gimme the goof!"

“He’s sleeping.” “Well, go wake him up then!”

In case you didn’t see it on the other threads, here’s the teaser:

Three Racers on the show, and two of them pop up. As a TAR fan, I think maybe this show doesn’t need ex-Racers. Just let the idiots from Survivor, Big Brother and Love Island kill each other, where folks from TAR and Tough As Nails sit in the audience and laugh.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1
(edited)

I take exception to "The Biggest Challenge Ever."   Show me players passing out due to sheer exhaustion like Georgia did running the final, or big guys like Zach breaking down into sobs on the side of a mountain, or Wes having to be carried on somebody's back, then, maybe, we can talk about things like "Biggest Challenge Ever."   Teej, you whore.

(thanks for the clip, I hadn't seen it yet)

Edited by millennium
(edited)

I do like that there aren't any actual Challenge vets on this one.  I'm sure the shows will all have their own little alliances, but I'm sick of watching the vets just sit back and expect everyone else to do all the eliminations while they coast through because "you have to prove yourself."  I've expressed before that I think every single challenger should have to go into elimination before anybody repeats.  Make everyone work for it.  Except me, of course.  I'm sitting here with my popcorn, waiting for them all to prove themselves.

Edited by bunnyface
  • Love 3

Do they do eating challenges on the other shows? I know Survivor does an eating challenge from time to time. I’m curious at how many people would survive an eating challenge.

1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Do they do eating challenges on the other shows? I know Survivor does an eating challenge from time to time. I’m curious at how many people would survive an eating challenge.

I have only seen a couple and always as a component of a challenge, not the challenge itself. 

• Useful 1

Early Survivor had quite a few eating challenges, but I don't remember seeing one for ages.  I both like and hate the eating challenges.  I like them because, barring a few exceptions, most people are physically able to eat any of the things presented.  It's just a mental thing (which I understand!) if you can't do it.  But I also hate them because they're gross and I cannot watch people vomit.  I can remember when they wouldn't show actual vomit on the shows, and I sincerely miss that.  Now days, eating challenges are one of the only things I just straight up fast forward.  Even violence on other shows, I just look away, but I'm a sympathetic puker, so there's just no way.

• Love 1

Ok I’m always up for a Challenge series, but I JUST saw The Cookout last year.  Some new, older, blood please?

Kyland is still so fucking hot though, even if his last impression was total ass.