Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E06: Sons of Legacy

• Start Topic

Sig finds the motherlode in the land of his forefathers, but his quest may cost him getting home for his daughter's due date. Josh's brother Shane gets caught in a line tied to a sinking pot and Rip faces a crisis when his greenhorn blacks out on deck.

Ain't enough sage in the world to life the stench of Elliott from the Saga.   But nice try Jake.

Speaking of sage and purifying -- looks like the Patricia Lee could use some help.   What the HELL is going on with that boat.   You notice they were "delayed for a week by the Coast guard."   Betcha there was an accident investigation.   If stuff keeps happening, could her license to operate get pulled?   Could the captain lose his license?

11 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Ain't enough sage in the world to life the stench of Elliott from the Saga.   But nice try Jake.

Speaking of sage and purifying -- looks like the Patricia Lee could use some help.   What the HELL is going on with that boat.   You notice they were "delayed for a week by the Coast guard."   Betcha there was an accident investigation.   If stuff keeps happening, could her license to operate get pulled?   Could the captain lose his license?

I would think that the coastguard always carry out some sort of investigation if they are involved in any way.

The edit on the level of success in Norway was classic Disco shenanigans.  So much for the sage Norwegian captain Sig took time to go see, eh?  Never once did they have any nice numbers, but at the end, they made money?  Bill, too.  Although that last harvest was pretty good for BW.

Waaaaaay too much CM, with almost nothing going on.  The "scoreboard" had the TB and Wizard reeeeeeally struggling.  THAT's the story, if true.

Why does Sig have to captain the NW to open Bairdi?  Why can't she go out with a decent sub (Edgar?) to open the season?  Given the overall lack of quota, there simply had to be some decent captains who were sidelined and available.

That was among the most hyped storms and ended up being almost nothing.  I really don't get it.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Why does Sig have to captain the NW to open Bairdi?  Why can't she go out with a decent sub (Edgar?) to open the season?  Given the overall lack of quota, there simply had to be some decent captains who were sidelined and available.

Because Disco isn't going to show Edgar? I'm sure it is hard enough to film around him and edit to pretend he isn't on deck, and impossible if he is in the wheelhouse. I also don't see the Hansen brothers (especially Sig)  being open to bringing in an outsider, even if it does mean they get to keep the camera time. 

Yet ANOTHER episode where "Captain" Josh gets fishing guidance from the old man. I did get a laugh that as soon as the weather looked like it was starting to pick up a bit, Josh dipped from the chair and had Casey haul. I think I made it through this episode in about 15 minutes with all the fast forwarding I did.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, estellasmum said:

Would be interesting if I could read it without subscribing/turning off ad blockers but I will certainly google it now.

Is he actually still on the boat? Very disappointing if so, for a variety of reasons.

Edgar, with his conviction is a sad league of his own of course, but don’t forget that quite a few of (previous) deadliest catch stars are not exactly perfect sons-in-laws either.

Some have raked up an impressive list of felonies. Some have been accused of nasty things by ex-partners, like Elliot or Sig and no one knows what is true or not. Then there is drug abuse among crew or some other totally irresponsible behavior like almost all the Hillstrand Brothers did. Though I have to admit it often was funny. The worst guy probably was that bank robber on the run about 12 years ago or so.

But I can’t see a boring goody two shoes on these boats and the show either, so I guess them being who they are is good for the show. 

(edited)

This Shane brother, do Jake and Josh share a mom (Mary) with him or papa Phil? Trying to google that yields no clear answer.

Edited by Lamima
5 hours ago, Lamima said:

This Shane brother, do Jake and Josh share a mom (Mary) with him or papa Phil? Trying to google that yields no clear answer.

They have the same mother, Shane is their half brother.