Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Now this is the All Stars season I will like the most!  It is so much fun and none of the queens are taking themselves so seriously. It's a plus that I like all of the winners assembled this season. 

Raven was a hoot. I actually thought she was competing this season! Then I thought, "Who is going to do the RFPR since Raja Gemini is competing this season?"  

The Queens went real light on this reading challenge. I guess there wasn't much left to say since they were real shadyboots in the Werk Room earlier.

Then they had the nerve to make me cry after throwing trees and forests at each other.

Naomi Campbell? Goddess!

The runway lewks were gorgeous. These queens are not playing with us!

The first Ru song, I might buy.  I was really looking at the background dancers. 

"Legend" was pretty catchy.  I didn't notice Trinity didn't know the words to the verse she wrote until she threw it out there on the runway. 

I like the rules this season; nobody is going home and track records will finally count in the end.

"Old McDonald"?  I actually liked Monet's lip sync a little better than Shea's.  Maybe it was that outfit she put on....

I figured Shea was going to block Trinity. Trinity's runway lewk was outrageous! Trinity's reaction to the Platinum Plunger was even better.

I'm loving this season already.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 10
(edited)

While she didn't win anything this episode, I would like to give a special shout-out to The Vivienne's gorgeous entry paint, which was simply stunning.

I was also intrigued by Raja's entrance look, and am looking forward to seeing what's coming next in Utica's "Tan Doily '22"collection, as we've now seen this garment, as well as the "Crotch Head Quartet" that she created for Willow Pill's Finale look. It's certainly turning into an intriguing fusion of haute couture and Elementary School Tacky, with what looks like the center medallions of those tacky participation ribbons they give out to kids during PE Day "physical activity" events eating up the rest of the outfit in a nightmarish phantasmagoria of beige polyester. Brava! 

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Love 1

I subscribed to Paramount Plus just so I could watch this Winner's Season of All Stars.  It was so great to see these legends return and they all brought their A Game.

I also loved The Vivienne's entrance look, as well as Jaida's.  The runway looks were amazing, but standouts for me were Shea, Raja, Yvie.

I would not want to be in the judges' chairs for this season- too difficult!  I really hope all the queens are having fun and loving every moment.

• Love 3

Don't call it a mother f***ing all stars season unless it is all stars. Now this, my friends, is FINALLY an ALL STARS SEASON! What a truly delightful start- they are all talented, funny, supportive, and not overrated. Finally a season that was worth paying for Paramount+. I am all in.

My beloved Jinkx is back (everyone's favorite narcoleptic jewish drag queen) and I'm thrilled to see her deliver. Take that Roxxy Andrews!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, rlc said:

Don't call it a mother f***ing all stars season unless it is all stars. Now this, my friends, is FINALLY an ALL STARS SEASON! What a truly delightful start- they are all talented, funny, supportive, and not overrated. Finally a season that was worth paying for Paramount+. I am all in.

My beloved Jinkx is back (everyone's favorite narcoleptic jewish drag queen) and I'm thrilled to see her deliver. Take that Roxxy Andrews!

And this time, Jinkx doesn't have to deal with Rolaskatox-ic.   I can't wait to see what she brings to the competition.  She has been my favorite since her season.  

Your comment reminded me of the "addition" of Raven.  I fell for that whole thing!  She looked stunning, though, and I loved the reveal!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

And this time, Jinkx doesn't have to deal with Rolaskatox-ic.   I can't wait to see what she brings to the competition.  She has been my favorite since her season.  

Also a confidence she didn’t have before .. this Jinkxx knows her point of view in drag is OPENLY embraced not only by Ru this time but the audience as a whole. Plus 10 years of perfecting her strengths through tours and shows .. can you tell I’m a Jinkxx Stan? Lol 

• Love 9

I'd like to give a very special eff you to the corporate numbskull who decided that these amazing episodes should be released at a time of day when most of the gay bars in the world can't have live viewings.

Yayyy All Stars is back!  And potentially with a format that I may not hate (still TBD).

I completely fell for the Raven gag.  The whole time I kept thinking "But who will be doing Ru's makeup for the runway?"  I was seriously wondering if Raven would have to pull double duty (paint Ru and herself) for each runway.

Add me to the Jinkx stans here.  Sooo excited that she is back.  I remember seeing a clip of Jinkx somewhere saying that she felt sometimes it was difficult to stand out as winner because she was sandwiched between Sharon and Bianca Del Rio (I think it might have been in Trixie's documentary).  So here's hoping that Jinkx will be able to distinguish herself further.  Also, love the "water off a duck's back" callout from Michelle.

The Naomi Campbell segment was nice but I thought it would have been better as a mini challenge.  Maybe that was their initial intention but this is all they could work out with her schedule?

Loved Cameron Diaz as a judge.  She was really good with the call outs.  I thought she had retired from Hollywood but maybe she's just doing gigs that she loves?  I wouldn't mind seeing her back.

My only criticism of this premiere is that it felt like the queens were a little too "on point".  With the Ru-metaverse expanding with multiple opportunities (Vegas residency, Streaming shows on World of Wonder's platform, etc), it felt like the queens were constantly in audition mode for Ru.  On one hand, that's good for us because the queens will be bringing their A game for each challenge.  But on the other hand, it felt like the show lost a little bit of its authenticity (at least to me).

• Love 4

Oh I think Shea ruled in the lip sync, and I wanted Monet to win but Shea just put everything out there.  Of course she also put a target on her back for winning the first runway and for blocking Trinity.  That should be interesting.

I don't get the Jinkx love but I'm willing to change my mind.  One thing I like about All Stars is getting to know more about the queens.  Yvie will always be one of my favorites but this is a really good group.  I will say thought right now it looks like it is Shea's to win.  (I haven't watched the second episode yet so I know things can change quickly.)

• Love 1
On 5/21/2022 at 9:15 PM, 7-Zark-7 said:

I know it doesn't count for much anymore, but the runways this season are already amazing.  

It may not count for much with the judges, but for the viewing public, I think most of us watch for the looks and runways.  I cringe my way through many of the "acting" challenges (though I have a feeling the All Winners season may surprise me.)

And I agree, stunning looks!

• Love 2

Naomi Campbell. Damn. 

Love love love this group of winners and am so happy to see them back again. I guessed that Raven was the mystery queen when she kept the hat all the way down (her lips would've been a dead giveaway) and well, she was already there as Ru's makeup guru. 

My fiance only knows Trinity from her episode of Botched where she was as charming and funny as ever. He doesn't know the driven, super talented queen we all know her to be. That facial expression when she got that plunger?? Whoooo I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of it! 

Jinkx is Everything to me. Love all these queens but she holds an extra special place in my heart. 

• Love 4