Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: A Clogged Pore, a Little Spanish, and the Future

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, Katy M said:

Not when neither of them have a good job.  Their situation was different the last time relocating came up.  

Absolutely agree that under the circumstances Mary probably would be more amenable to moving for a good job offer for George. However, in a way him losing a second football coaching job might make her less likely to want to take a chance on a move for a job that seems to be less than guaranteed.

Edited by SusanM
  • Useful 1

I finally watched this episode tonight and I have to say....deep surprised breath...I actually liked it.  Quite a bit.

The dream sequence, the President and Dr Linklater talking about their lost youth, Penn and Teller, Connie singing Ring of Fire.  Loved all that.  I even liked the interactions between Mary and George.  It was very real and while I wanted to give George a kick in the pants once or twice his feelings about losing his job were poignant and I bought it.

For the win though for me was the way Mary kept the family going, did her best with George and went out there and got herself a job.  

Spoiler

we know it's not going to be much longer before she's going to have to cope on her own so this was a good step for her IMO

• Like 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Katy M said:

They lived away from her mother for at least 8 years (I assume, since they moved there shortly before the series began).  i'm sure she'd be fine.

And yet we've seen her use her mother as an excuse not to move before so I have no doubt she'd do it again.

• Love 1

I don't know where they're going with Meemaw and Georgie at the Mexican border (or even if the writers know where they're going with it) but maybe they will pretend Meemaw has dementia to prevent her from being convicted of some sort of felony (perhaps related to Georgie being a minor), and Meemaw will have to live with the Coopers to fulfill a condition of release. 
This could take care of the Cooper's house payments too.
Maybe Meemaw has enough money for them to build a little grandma house in the backyard--especially if she sells her house. 

@shapeshifter I really hope the reason for this cliffhanger isn't to impoverish MeeMaw in some way.  If so they are really heading into Roseanne/The Conners territory where not only does nothing ever work out but bad stuff gets piled onto more bad stuff.

• Love 2
On 5/20/2022 at 1:15 AM, HurricaneVal said:

That dream sequence was amazeballs!  Iain Armitage is incredibly talented.  It took me a while to catch on they were all him.  MeeMaw was particularly impressively over the top, but his version of George was subtler, but absolutely spot on.

Ditto. That young man is a terrific actor, and that sequence was laugh out loud funny.

• Love 2
(edited)

Iain did a really good job portraying his family members. I couldn’t tell if he was also doing the voices as MeeMaw sounded too much like her usual self 

Edited by PWHCHCH
  • Love 1
(edited)

I feel like we've gone full Soap Opera this season. And Sheldon's self-centeredness just looks less cute and more callous and unfunny as his family's problems get worse and he gets older, with less excuse for being so oblivious.

*sigh* I understand that the show felt obligated to Go There, with the history already established by TBBT but yeesh. It's getting really hard to watch.

Edited by Gummo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gummo said:

And Sheldon's self-centeredness just looks less cute and more callous and unfunny as his family's problems get worse and he gets older, with less excuse for being so oblivious.

It does line up more with his character's behavior on TBBT, though.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, MollyMelrose said:

The water cooler's gonna be up against some very stiff competition from General Hospital's Bowl of Moss - unless Moss, working in Daytime, won't make the cut.

Or Y&R's late, lamented Blue Plate.

• Sad 1