Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: House of Cards

• Start Topic

As the team closes in on drug kingpin Javier Escano, Voight is forced to lie to his undercover informant Anna to keep her on track. Their deteriorating trust threatens an increasingly tenuous operation.

Airdate: 05/18/2022

(edited)

I do not get why there have been multiple Anna-centric episodes.  I don't care about Anna enough to watch a whole hour of her being undercover.  i was seriously bored watching Voight talk about drugs and the bad guy and Anna's sad, sad past.

I get that I'm supposed to care because she is Voight's informant, but something is missing.  In the older episodes, the team would work together to solve crimes.  The team dynamic was one of the best things about the show.   The newer episodes have a lot less team interaction and too much time spent on characters that the audience does not really know.

Also, what happened to Trudi?  She only appears once in a while, and the funny/snarky edge of the first 5-6 seasons is gone.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, nittany cougar said:

I do not get why there have been multiple Anna-centric episodes.  I don't care about Anna enough to watch a whole hour of her being undercover. 

I totally agreee, and this big gang leader we never heard of before.  Getting really bored, hope they wrap this up next episode.  And what was the concern about Hailey? She seemed pretty far back from the bomb.  May need to bail this show at this point.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jabRI said:

And what was the concern about Hailey?

I think her and Anna are both victims of violence (rape) and the writers are making Haley sympathetic to Anna's situation. IMO, I couldn't care any less about anything that Haley is attached to; except maybe the bomb blast that ended this episode.

I think they seriously underestimated how much people care about Anna and Voight's story. The first episode she was on was great, she's a good actress but that's not enough to base a whole finale around. And just maybe they could've had a character like Atwater involved seeing as this Anna chick has had a longer storyline than Kev this season. 

I do find it amusing that Upton is now all het up about Voight lying, when she was more than happy to lie to save her own ass at the expense of her colleague, and Halstead trying to be all uppity and moral.... bunch of hypocrites.

Sadly we won't get the outcome of the explosion that we deserve.

• Love 1

This is a meh episode for me, maybe the finale too. Am not interested in Anna since the beginning. I don’t like seeing the smug on her face, it’s like Hailey 2.0. Ugh!

The arc has lost its momentum in between episodes.

Am not sure why Upstead shippers are so worried about Hailey. Of course she isn’t going to die! Duh. 🙄🙄🙄

This criminal sucks. Seems like he’s just a one man show running around town doing drug deals. No real story behind him.

And Anna is becoming annoying. Is she like the Queen of Chicago Crime where she somehow knows every single criminal in the city?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

This is a meh episode for me, maybe the finale too. Am not interested in Anna since the beginning. I don’t like seeing the smug on her face, it’s like Hailey 2.0. Ugh!

The arc has lost its momentum in between episodes.

Am not sure why Upstead shippers are so worried about Hailey. Of course she isn’t going to die! Duh. 🙄🙄🙄

Upstead shippers like to think that Upton isnt the precious dewdrop/Production Pet that she actually is. 

23 hours ago, preeya said:

I think her and Anna are both victims of violence (rape) and the writers are making Haley sympathetic to Anna's situation. IMO, I couldn't care any less about anything that Haley is attached to; except maybe the bomb blast that ended this episode.

Yeah I was like "don't tease me with a good time PD"

• LOL 1