Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E21: Silent Killer

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

When Bull handles the negligent homicide defense of a building owner accused of killing tenants by carbon monoxide poisoning, the case rocks Bull and the TAC team to their core. Also, TAC’s trial defense is made more difficult when the ADA prosecuting the case is Chunk’s ex-boyfriend, Rob Jones, someone very familiar with Bull’s tricks; and Taylor is forced to reevaluate her work-life balance when she gets shocking news about her son.

Two days later and so few comments. I guess it really is time for this show to go.

But we did get a zipper dress! And a pretty prominent shot of the zipper too. (You guys have ruined me for every scene Marissa is in - I'm always like, "where's the zipper?!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

This was actually a pretty good episode but I could do without some of the B plots. The main plot started off as the typical case of the week with a guy who doesn’t seem to be guilty at all and you want to root for him and that continues for the first 45 minutes. He’s sympathetic and sincere. You think it’s in the bag when they find that girl who could’ve orchestrated the whole thing and eventually Bull’s client is cleared anyway…

but everything takes a 180 in the last 5 minutes and it’s completely unexpected.  I guess we’ll find out how it ends next week, though I can’t say I anticipated this would be the series finale. 

great to see the writers still had a few great ideas this late in the game, but I guess I’m ready for the show to end anyway. 

• Love 2

The apartment owner was cleared of the criminal charges, but he 'fessed up to Bull that he did cut the wire, or had it cut, and he tells Bull that he can't do anything about it because of attorney client privilege.  So it remains for Bull to outsmart him next episode.  That was the important part.  Marissa won the high dollar account because she correctly predicted the outcome of the civil trial, even down to the amount of damages.

I hope Taylor doesn't resign to look after her son.   She needs a good paycheck to live in NYC, unless she decides for a slower pace in a small town.

But Bull isn't a lawyers, so how is he bound by confidentiality? I can see the firm might have some clause, but most of those can be tweaked.  Like a psychiatrist can disclose to the police if you are considered a threat to yourself or others.  I don't know why TAC moved from a consulting firm to a law firm, very grey area.

• Love 1
(edited)

I didn't exactly follow how that thing resolved with Marissa.  I understand that she came out on top, but I couldn't follow what had occurred at a level above the head of that woman who turned her down.

And kudos to casting this episode for pulling in some heavyweight actresses.  The woman I mentioned above was played by Kate Burton, who was recently in both The Dropout and Inventing Anna.  And the judge was played by Kathleen Chalfant, who is a stage actress but I remember well as the icy, sharp-tongued mother/grandmother in The Affair.

On 5/23/2022 at 5:18 PM, jabRI said:

But Bull isn't a lawyers, so how is he bound by confidentiality? I can see the firm might have some clause, but most of those can be tweaked.  Like a psychiatrist can disclose to the police if you are considered a threat to yourself or others.  I don't know why TAC moved from a consulting firm to a law firm, very grey area.

Exactly what I was thinking.  And IIRC, this exact point was mentioned by Bull in some previous episode.

Edited by LuvMyShows

Every single episode of this show, I say "That would have been a lot more interesting if...", finished with something like, the defendant were actually guilty and Bull's people had to figure out a justifiable reason. For the first time, they actually did it! And it was a lot more interesting when they made the likable guy turn out to be a stone-cold killer. My only complaint is that what tipped Bull off was the guy kind of burying his head in his hand when Chunk was waxing eloquent about his finer qualities, like he felt ashamed that Chunk was saying all that untrue stuff. The guy clearly felt not one single bit of remorse about any of those people dying, and was a superb liar, choking at the end like that is a cheap play. The only expression on his face should have been "You bet your ass I'm a good guy and y'all are going to exonerate me".

I don't find smarmy Rob to be an enjoyable character at all.

Could not care less about Taylor and her kid, and cannot stand when parents are shown being all, not MY kid, even if I do sometimes wonder if ADHD is over diagnosed.

Marisa's bit was hard to follow but I think it went that the group that was actually being sued was paying the other lady's group for their services, and when they discovered that they overpaid by 20 million since they didn't settle, and that lady didn't take Marisa's advice, they decided to pull their account from that lady's group and hire TAC instead.