Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Caelum Bank

• Start Topic

Fri, May 13, 2022

In an effort to reveal his true enemy, Red turns to the Task Force to help ground a flying fortress bank.

Red needs to give the misfits an episode off.

Here is the man to who can and will get the job done!

R (1).jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why would Heddie want Liz dead? Has she been watching this show too?

I still think Marvin set her up. And look! there's Marvin in a wedding video! He did set her up!

Crap, only 10 minutes left and 6 of them will be eaten up with commercials.

Hey, somebody here figured it out months ago.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 2
(edited)

While Mierce is contacting the "other side", could she also find out from them why this show was renewed for season 10?

Where the hell does this plane take off and refuel from? The plane takes off and then it goes off the radar? Wouldn't that alarm the FAA every time?

The Concierge for Crime didn't know he still had funds in Caelum Bank!???!! And he expected Liz to follow his teachings?

If Caelum bank is so secret, there should have been better protocols for clients to retrieve money from the account and not make it easy for Marvin

I am sure Red didn't get on the plane while it was in the air like in the movie "Executive Decision". He entered while the plane was on the ground. He could have taken Gramercy by force then and have Teddy work his Torture by Turtle (or some animal) on him. There was no need for that ruse. Ridiculous!

Did the pilot or flight attendants not see the FBI arrive and try warn Gramercy, so he can get a head start to hide sensitive information or escape? What a terrible organization! These clients are better off keeping their money at HSBC bank.

I'm sure Ressler was proud of himself applying the fake arrest on Red. He got to take a "win" any way he can!!!

So did Red lose the rest of his money by killing Gramercy who has all the info? Talk about "cutting off your nose to spite your face"!

Red wants to get Weecha to recover and get strong, so he has her eat sugary pastries and drink high calorie lattes.

Didn't the FBI get a search warrant and raided LaCroix' house after he was killed? What did those agents take from there the first time? After the wife was killed and got information from the terrible, blabbing assassin, they go back and got a truck load of evidence from the house. Goes to show: these agents can't do a good job on the first search!

My goodness! First Weecha got from DC to Florida real fast and then Red and Weecha (driving with one arm) got to Miami quick by Dodge pickup! Dembe and Ressler barely beat them there and they travelled by chopper!

Nice product placement for Dodge that it can ram a vehicle real hard and still be able drive away from the scene of the crash with no problem.

Of course Ressler and Dembe loses Heddie who they vowed to protect. Is it too late for Aram to give them low marks on their reviews?

Park goes to Red bitching the FBI doesn't want her anymore, tells Red she can be useful to him and can't even hold/drops a glass of water for a second in front of him to prove her worth!!! Then Park goes back to the Post Office to confess to Cooper and Aram she is not loyal to them by trying to go rogue offering Red her terrible skills and was promptly rejected by him!!!!! And those fools accepted her with no question!

For a moment, I thought Red was going to poison Park. 

Gee! Could Mickey be any more obvious lying and looking nervous in front of Red??!!! He was shifting his eyes to Marvin hoping Red would pick up the hint. I guess Marvin didn't pay him well out of the "Red fund" and wanted revenge.

All that Cooper nonsense this season, what a waste!!!!!!!! So does the "prove your innocence in a month" just magically disappear now after the Marvin reveal?

Cooper is a disgrace. The assasin brutality murders the woman and he offers him witness protection just to save his ass. No justice for Mrs. LaCroix.

Episode proved Marvin is a terrible best man (killed the bride and groom years later), never found his "Michelle" and is too cheap to pay for his lame plan out of his own pockets. 

I guess there will be no explanation why Mr. Kaplan's sister was involved in this!

Two years ago, Red was going to die and sometime later received Mierce mystery cure. At that time of his supposed coming death, Marvin could have waited for Red to croak and then knock off Liz if he doesn't want her to run the empire. What was the rush? I doubt Liz would have seen the hit coming from him. Red is right! What a waste!

All season Red was hell bent on killing anyone to get the truth but now he is holding Weecha back from killing Marvin to protect Mierce? Wuss! Wimp!

After all the stock footages of Megan Boone shown this season, they didn't have anything showing her taking the tracker?!!

A smile from Park was the most shocking part of the episode!

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Wait a minute, that actually felt like a half-decent episode of The Blacklist. It's been so long!

Unexpected of Reddington to quote me from these boards. I said last week that the call was coming from inside the house. Fortunately the show has yet to take me up on the idea of robo-Lizzie (from the killer sex bots episode). But they're probably saving that for the season finale.

So Red's trailer doesn't have bulletproof windows? That seems like an oversight.

Weird of Marvin to forget that Red had him tortured based on Lizzie's brilliant plot. I think I feel more resentment about it than Marvin does.

I thought Park was going to make herself useful by leaving a microphone or a tracking device at Red's hideout but no, she just went there to establish that desk duty is some bullshit and if she's going to randomly seize up and endanger her team it is going to be in the field, damn it!

Edit: Aw, thanks @Brian Cronin, much appreciated for the mention!

Edited by dwmarch
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I've been getting a deluge of traffic at my personal site tonight. ;) 

https://popculturereferences.com/i-bet-marvin-gerard-is-behind-lizs-death-on-the-blacklist/

There is one other "tell". You don't use a big name actor like Fisher Stevens unless he's going to be the big bad someday.  That's how you can pick out the villain in most procedurals like CSI; it's pretty much always the big name special guest star. I applaud The Blacklist for hiding him in plain sight for years.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

There is one other "tell". You don't use a big name actor like Fisher Stevens unless he's going to be the big bad someday.  That's how you can pick out the villain in most procedurals like CSI; it's pretty much always the big name special guest star. I applaud The Blacklist for hiding him in plain sight for years.

I dunno, I do agree that the fact that he's such a good actor is why they made him the main bad guy, but I think that's more just because he's such a good actor, ya know? He's not exactly a household name anymore and he's been around for YEARS without it being much of a big deal.  So I think it was more that he is just so good that they thought he could handle the bump in profile, similar to how Susan Blommaert (even less of a household name) could more than handle becoming the "big bad" of the series earlier on when Mr. Kaplan became the main villain. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I never considered Mr. Kaplan a villain. Also, the biggest name in the cast every week, Spader, is also a villain.

The FBI series are the only ones I watch where relative unknowns are the weekly big bads.

Edited by NeenerNeener
1 hour ago, NeenerNeener said:

I never considered Mr. Kaplan a villain. Also, the biggest name in the cast every week, Spader, is also a villain.

Sure, fair point, I actually intended to say "antagonist." :)

Why, oh why, did the Caelum Bank plane ever enter US airspace ?  A plane with no tail numbers and no transponder could have just flown out over international waters -- problem solved.  That had to be one of the stupidest things in this series -- and it has a lot of competition in the stupid things dept on this show.

All of the Harold stuff and The Hunt for Red October Lizzie's killer is just ...... over -- what a waste of an entire season !

Though I do have to agree with Marvin -- there's no way Lizzie should have been handed the keys to Reddington's empire.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

• Love 7
(edited)

Seems like Red would have his own guys watching the trailer.

Since he kept saying Weetcha should be careful, I figured she’d keel over at any moment. 

Edited by Neiman
  • Love 1

So we're finally closer to the end of this thing.  Why would Marvin think that if Red were thinking clearly that Heddie was behind this?  I wonder how far Marvin is going to get?  Though I agree with him that Liz had no business being left in charge of anything and that Red did lay out how everything runs with his videos but agree, Marvin simply would have been off letting Red die and then taking Liz out.

I guess Weecha should have kept herself at the trailer with her sister and yes, why wouldn't Red have his men guarding the trailer unless some of them work for Marvin as well.

As for the banker, yes, talk about bad decisions.  Why not fly back out over international water instead of landing especially if he can't be tracked by the FAA?  Why no warning from his staff that they were being boarded by the FBI?  Was there some sort of back-up plan for if he was ever incapacitated for his clients to be able to access their funds?  Also, surely Red could have done a better job of getting information than shooting the guy as suggested by mxc90.  Well at least we have a possible story-line for next season; Red trying to avoid the wrath of the underworld not having access to their dirty money.

The shaky FBI investigation goes without saying (all the supposed evidence left behind initially at the lawyer's house).  Park and her headaches; she's lucky they're letting her stay behind a desk.  And how many times is the task force going to let Red talk them into doing stuff that then goes totally haywire?  What am I saying, they wouldn't have a show.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Why would Marvin think that if Red were thinking clearly that Heddie was behind this?  I wonder how far Marvin is going to get?

Exactly my thought while watching. Why would Marvin think Red would believe Heddy wanted to kill Liz?

She's not a murderer. She "cooks the books." She has no incentive to kill Liz.

I hate agreeing with Marvin over the fact Liz didn't deserve Red's empire when Marvin was the one taking care of everything. I'm looking forward to Red v. Marvin. It's because I enjoy Spader and Stevens.

At least we've tied up the loose ends before this season ends. Then again, maybe they haven't.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

Exactly my thought while watching. Why would Marvin think Red would believe Heddy wanted to kill Liz?

The only thing I could think is that he wanted Red to believe Heddie was wooed away to go work FOR the big bad guy, so that she didn't actively try to kill Liz, she just accessed the accounts for her new boss, who wanted to kill Liz. 

But yes, show, this is the reason why you try to keep more than one recurring character around so that there is another realistic option, as Heddie literally went through a plot earlier this season where Red tested her loyalty and she passed with flying colors! So that part was very dumb, but the show obviously wanted a red herring and other than Heddie and Marvin (and the guy who tortures people who obviously wouldn't be a very useful guy to "turn" from a big picture sense), who else could even be an option? Everyone else has been killed at one point or another!

3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

At least we've tied up the loose ends before this season ends. Then again, maybe they haven't.

Hopefully this does, at least, clear Cooper. 

• Love 3

Agent Park is approaching Lizzie levels of annoying. “I can take care of myself…” except, you know, when you can’t see or move due to headaches.