Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E17: Family Matters

• Start Topic

A concerned Jenny searches for Travis while Scarlett, desperate to protect her daughter, Phoebe, makes an unexpected phone call that could change the course of more than one life. Elsewhere, tensions rise at the Bhullar ranch when Jag finds out the truth about his father and Travis’ identity is revealed, leading Alicia to advise Veer it may be time to step down.    

Original Airdate: THURSDAY, May 12, 2022   (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
162572_6473.jpg
162864_6961.jpg
162864_7056.jpg

(edited)

Man, I know a lot happened in the episode itself, but it was the previews for the finale that overshadowed all of it since 

Spoiler

they somehow got freaking Jensen Ackles to show up here.  Never would have predicted they'd rope someone like him into this!  I just hope he brings his trademark snark and annoyed looks to the proceedings.

Sheesh, I knew Veer wasn't going to be happy about being asked to step down, but walking away and letting his son get shot was some stone cold pettiness right there.  Safe to say that father of the year will not be in the cards for him!  Luckily for Jag, apparently Richard isn't a really good shot, so it looks like he's going to pull through.  But now Ren knows the truth, and even though she and Veer had something of a heart to heart (including him even kind of apologizing for how he treated her!), I got the sense at the end that she has something in store for him and isn't going to stop.  I'm also highly suspicious about those forms Alicia made him sign to "release" Jag.  Not sure if they're working an angle together or both doing their own things, but I don't see Veer standing after the finale.

Despite Dallas Roberts' always welcomed talents, the stuff with Richard was clearly aiming to be extremely emotional, but it didn't really hit the mark since it feels like I barely knew the character.  Probably should have introduced him earlier.  Instead of spending so much time with the likes of Wolfgang and Ronald.

Cassie's group therapy scene felt like it came from a different show, but was well acted by Kylie Bunbury at least.

Scarlett has finally come back into the fold and is now setting her sights on Cassie.  I'm sure this will end well!

Travis seems to have crossed the point of no return now and has broken Jenny's heart and whatnot, and I really, really wish I could care more about that than I do.

I don't care if they're evil: I'm fully on Team Ren/Tonya/Donno at this point.

Jenny:  "What do you mean we're getting a replacement sheriff?!  I thought I was running the show, now!"
Tubb:  "I don't care if you're one of the lead characters, Jenny!  You've only been in the department for about a month.  We really need someone with more experience here, besides billed first in the credits!"

Not sure how the finale will play out.  Barest minimum, I'm just hoping they don't find a way to drag John Carroll Lynch back into this.  But you never know with this show...

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Not sure how the finale will play out.  Barest minimum, I'm just hoping they don't find a way to drag John Carroll Lynch back into this.  But you never know with this show...

"Wolfgang and Rick didn't know, but mom had TRIPLETS! I was raised across the border in Canada, I'm Gord Legarski." 

• LOL 17

This episode was all over the place. The guy trying to kill Scarlet seems to have no problem finding her wherever she goes. The police department should ask him if he has a brother or uncle they can hire. Plus the same guy wants to kill Tubb ... why? 

Good fool with Scarlett and kid hiding behind the restroom door. I guess the killer guy didn't notice her car was still there when he left the bathroom.

I actually agreed with the drug dad saying the kid had a choice to take the drugs or not. His body, his choice!

Missed Jerri and Lindor this week. Next week's preview was a tease!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Gord wasn't really one of the triplets.  He was born to a couple of addicts and abandoned on a fire station doorstep.  Wolf and Rick's parents adopted him when they were born.  Wait, what?  Already been done?  Never mind...

• Wink 1
  • LOL 6
9 hours ago, PBnJay said:

This episode was all over the place. The guy trying to kill Scarlet seems to have no problem finding her wherever she goes. The police department should ask him if he has a brother or uncle they can hire. Plus the same guy wants to kill Tubb ... why? 

"The cops are getting too close to the syndicate, we need to take out their best deductive mind! We must kill...Tubbs?!?"

Yeah, it was totally bonkers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/12/2022 at 11:51 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Jenny:  "What do you mean we're getting a replacement sheriff?!  I thought I was running the show, now!"
Tubb:  "I don't care if you're one of the lead characters, Jenny!  You've only been in the department for about a month.  We really need someone with more experience here, besides billed first in the credits!"

"For someone in a leadership role, we need a public facing figure who's work uniform is a little more formal than leather jackets and ripped rock band T shirts. "

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I hope Tubbs comes back next season.  I like him.  He’s the sensible  person on the show 

Count me in on Ren having plans for dear old Dad.  Alicia definitely got Veer to sign things that had nothing to do with Jag.  Hospital paperwork doesn’t come  in a packet like that with yellow stickies  

• Love 7
On 5/13/2022 at 6:05 PM, Dowel Jones said:

Gord wasn't really one of the triplets.  He was born to a couple of addicts and abandoned on a fire station doorstep.  Wolf and Rick's parents adopted him when they were born.  Wait, what?  Already been done?  Never mind...

Yeah, Mrs. Mama Legarski was expecting triplets but lost one due to a clerical error and some funny business with the old country doc at the hospital, so Papa Legarski convinced her to adopt the addicts' newborn and take him home instead so they would have use of all the triplets baby gear waiting back home.  The tragic house fire came later.

I kind of understand why Veer left Jag with Richard at his mercy.  It's a kill or be killed world.  Jag and Ren had already announced they want dear old dad to step down so they (meaning Ren) would run the show their (meaning Ren's) way.