Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Momentum

• Start Topic

Mickey looks for a link between the Trevor Elliott case and his mysterious new client.  Lorna chases down a d lead and Cisco voices security concerns.

Original airdate 5/13/22

(edited)

Just starting the third episode and it's not exactly bad but I find it slow. Just my opinion but, I can't get past the Cisco character's looks. He's not handsome, his hair is awful and I can't for the life of me believe the Lorna character would be with him much less marry him. Sorry but not realistic.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
On 6/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, turbogirlnyc said:

He's not handsome, his hair is awful and I can't for the life of me believe the Lorna character would be with him much less marry him.

I felt the same thing! I can't stand his hair, and I find no chemistry between the two characters. And could he not always speak in a rasp?

Was hoping to find more posters here to help me understand what is going on. I think I need subtitles.

On 6/15/2022 at 6:11 PM, turbogirlnyc said:

Just starting the third episode and it's not exactly bad but I find it slow. Just my opinion but, I can't get past the Cisco character's looks. He's not handsome, his hair is awful and I can't for the life of me believe the Lorna character would be with him much less marry him. Sorry but not realistic.

I love Cisco!  LOL.  I think Lorna may have been attracted to him because he is 180 degrees from Mickey.  He's not traditionally handsome, and he's not smarmy (like Mick can be).  I also think she may have taken more time to get to know Cisco than she did Mick.

• Love 1

I agree, the show *is* slow - but part of what makes it slow are these constant pit stops where Mickey has to interact with his ex-wives, both of whom clearly still care for him. Also, the daughter, to a lesser degree. It's excessive. Bosch does the same thing with the daughter, but they worked the daughter in as a meaningful character. They have sort of done that with Lorna - but then added on Cisco as baggage. Why do all these people have to be connected to each other?

Also, when is Mickey going to look inside the damn fish's mouth? There has to be a reason he keeps staring at it.

I like the driver a lot. And Mickey himself is good when he is focused. I think this would be a better show if we learned more about the criminals he represents, and less about his ex-wives and their relationship.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

to be fair Cisco is a major character in the books.

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

As are both ex-wives.

If I ever read the books, maybe they will seem slow as a result, too. I'm watching the TV show right now. And honestly, the subtle fawning over Mickey by both ex-wives is getting creepy. I don't know who wrote the books, but is that a thing in the author's life? Because it feels like someone is projecting.

Edited by Ottis
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Ottis said:

If I ever read the books, maybe they will seem slow as a result, too. I'm watching the TV show right now. And honestly, the subtle fawning over Mickey by both ex-wives is getting creepy. I don't know who wrote the books, but is that a thing in the author's life? Because it feels like someone is projecting.

Michael Connelly wrote the Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer series.  From what I've picked up, Mickey still has the hots for Maggie, but she is a prosecutor to the core and can't understand the thought process of a dedicated defense attorney.  Every time he tries to get back into her good graces, he makes a mistake and she shoots him back down.

He and Lorna (listed as "Ex-Wife #2 in his phone contact list) both knew shortly after they got married that it wasn't a good idea, and the marriage didn't last long . . . but they are still very fond of and respect each other.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I find it refreshing that the character has good relationships with both of his exes. So often the ex wife is a characterized as a "shrew" or negative in some way. And so far at least, the daughter is not the usual annoying teenager.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2022 at 6:11 PM, turbogirlnyc said:

It’s an odd look, to be sure. I don’t think that 2 those actors have any chemistry either, leading me to agree with you. It’s nice to see Becki again: I liked her in Ugly Betty.