Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: To Whom It May Concern

• Start Topic

In the wake of Sam’s successful execution of a groundbreaking surgical technique, the battle between her and her father, Griff, takes a shocking turn that will irrevocably change their family dynamic and the future of the hospital.

Season finale airing Wednesday, May 4, 2022.

This show is so bonkers. This has to be the pettiest bunch of people, none of whom can stand each other, with the slimmest of characterizations.  The soapy silliness was so high this episode I have to admit I loved every minute of it (in a "so bad its good" kind of way).  They left so many dangling plot threads i'm almost disappointed there's probably not going to be a second season so we won't know what bizarre paths they'll take.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

so   they  just   completely  Ignored/  did not   even   acknowledge/  rug  swept/   treated  as  if  it  was  1  big    funny    joke      that   Vivian CHEATED on   her   Husband...    WOW...  Just  WOW.  

I  truly   hope  this  show   is CANCELLED.   

• Applause 1

You have to admire the sheer will of Sophia’s Instagram posts pushing the show and acting like this is a season finale and there’ll actually be another season of this train wreck. She clearly read the The Secret.

• LOL 4

I actively hate most of these people. :) LOL. Seriously though, I'm not rooting for anyone other than Lex and Donna. I'm so happy to come here and see that this was the season finale because I had finally decided to stop making myself miserable by continuing to watch (why does it always take me so long?) It's not even a delicious hate watch, it's just miserable.

I don't want most of these people to succeed, especially the Griffiths (particularly the parents). And what kind of show is that, where you don't want any of the leads to win? I mean, a little bit of me is happy when Sam prevails but mostly, I just want her to leave the hospital with her soul intact, instead of dealing with these backstabbers (and that will never happen). How Sam has any kind of empathy or ethics is beyond me, considering her parents. The other week when Vivian's husband left after confronting her about the cheating, she just raised her arms up like, "is this really happening to me?!" Uh, yeah?? Terrible people.

It was getting a little better when Griff finally extended a seemingly sincere olive branch but he's back on his bullshit, which goes to show that he's never going to change. And Vivian gave up so much for him; her work, covering up his DUI, cheating on her husband with him. Why? I have some sympathy for her giving up her job, as that tends to fall on women when families are started. But I'm pretty sure he's been an asshole the whole time, so why not protect yourself more?

Caleb is a weeny, I'd rather her be with Malcolm. I'm kind of glad Isan has dirt on Joey. That's about the only cliffhanger I want to know the answer to, what did he do in Vermont. And I'm glad Lex told her ER boss that she wouldn't go there with him (until she was his boss, though I still hope she never does). He's a jerk, and his little, "let's not bother with words, just focus on my sex appeal" schtick... no, just no. He's nothing more than a steamy hookup, and that's not worth jeopardizing her career for. At least she seemed to love Griff. I guess narcissistic bullies are her type?

I just finished the episode and still had to go over past forum posts to remember most of these people's names. Sorry to the actors but here's to a cancellation.

• Love 4

I also did not understand the big deal about the wife's job that her ex stole.   She seemed more like an admin role, keeping the lights on, but all the sudden Daddy Griff is like 'I own this hospital now'.  Weird writing.  And hard to believe the whole 'Vermont' incident could be uncovered by a few phone calls, but not by the hospital's background check?  Needs to be cancelled if it hasn't been already.

• Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/7/2022 at 5:44 AM, omgsowicked said:

Caleb is a weeny, I'd rather her be with Malcolm. I'm kind of glad Isan has dirt on Joey. That's about the only cliffhanger I want to know the answer to, what did he do in Vermont.

Same about Caleb. As soon as he spotted the letter all I could think was oh hell, now he’ll never leave.

I want to know what Joey did in Vermont too. Guessing he did something massively stupid, like taking on a surgery he wasn’t ready for, and killed a patient. Or, since he’s such a backstabber, maybe he was in the middle of some sort of mess that got him fired for an ethics violation.

I don’t get why Sam and her mother are so upset about Griff getting the CMO job. It seemed like the ideal solution to me even before Griff suggested it to Malcolm’s dad. The board didn’t want Vivian back since she was no longer a practicing physician, and Vivian hated the idea of Rhonda getting the job. And since Sam got the cardio chief job, this at least ends that competition since Griff’s massive ego is satisfied. Win/win.

ETA: It drives me nuts that they keep referring to the department as CT instead of cardio. When Sam wanted CT consults for ER patients I initially thought they were sending the patients for CT scans.

Edited by CarpeFelis
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 5/11/2022 at 6:19 PM, CarpeFelis said:

I don’t get why Sam and her mother are so upset about Griff getting the CMO job.

If they had any sense, it would be because Griff should never be in charge of anything involving other people. He's a new low in administration.

• Love 3

Did they ever explain the title of this show? When I first watched, I knew the character was named Sam but I thought maybe the hospital was Good Samaritan Hospital. It's not.

Well   this   show  has  been CANCELLED.    Perhaps    there is a  small  amount of  justice  in this  world   after all.  

Thankfully     that  means   there  will be  One  Less  show   out   there   that    promotes,   encourages,  excuses,  justifies,  rationalizes,  glorifies  and  Romanticizes  ADULTERY/ INFIDELITY.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 5/6/2022 at 11:01 AM, scruff said:

so   they  just   completely  Ignored/  did not   even   acknowledge/  rug  swept/   treated  as  if  it  was  1  big    funny    joke      that   Vivian CHEATED on   her   Husband...    WOW...  Just  WOW.  

For me, the WOW wasn't that Vivian cheated but that it took eight years for her to do so.

Really, I'm not convinced it was the first time for them, just the first time they'd been caught. Let's face it, they were super sloppy about it.

What a profoundly stupid show.

I got thru 3 and then stupidly gave it another try, because...hope?

Could not be cancelled fast enough.

To be fair, I though the actors were damn good - they deserve a special prize for making drek seem credible for at least 2 episodes, and I still watched for 4 epis.

Whoever created, wrote and ran this thing should be banned.

• Like 2