Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Day 45/16

• Start Topic

Rachel seeks necessary closure, while Fatin makes an unsettling discovery in Nora’s journal. Meanwhile, an incident comes to light that sends shockwaves through the boys’ camp, altering their life on the island forever.

Premiere date: May 6, 2022

• Love 1

Kirin has been my fave of the boys since day 1 and him being immediately and irrevocably on Josh's side just made me love him more.

Henry reciting The Black Parade was a nice little humorous break in all the heaviness.

• Love 6
On 5/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Kirin has been my fave of the boys since day 1 and him being immediately and irrevocably on Josh's side just made me love him more.

Henry reciting The Black Parade was a nice little humorous break in all the heaviness.

Ha! I absolutely hated Kirin for the first few episodes,  but I’ve now I’ve changed my mind. He won me over with his absolute support of Josh.

• Love 8
On 5/10/2022 at 10:43 PM, Cinnabon said:

So Leah and the others are now essentially being held against their will in Gretchen’s lair. Some call that kidnapping.

Not being snarky, real question: hasn’t that been the case since day one? What’s new now?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Not being snarky, real question: hasn’t that been the case since day one? What’s new now?

Yea, it has always been a kidnapping. Although, I am unclear if any of the parents knew more about what was happening.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, it has always been a kidnapping. Although, I am unclear if any of the parents knew more about what was happening.

The best I can recall (I didn't rewatch season 1) was that some parents thought it was just a retreat, some thought it was more "reform school", but none knew the true picture.  But in reality, I don't think it could be considered anything other than kidnapping from day one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

The best I can recall (I didn't rewatch season 1) was that some parents thought it was just a retreat, some thought it was more "reform school", but none knew the true picture.  But in reality, I don't think it could be considered anything other than kidnapping from day one.

It has always been a kidnapping, but while the girls were stranded on the island Gretchen could probably still spin it as an accident hiding the evidence that she was recording them which is a lot harder to do when you've got them locked up in individual cells.

I just can't think of how she could spin having them locked up. If it looked more like a medical facility she could claim trying to help them with injury before notifying their families. 

I guess she could, given some BS about trying to determine what happened on the island but how would she convince anyone she had the authority to do that? Unless we find out she's been secretly working for the government and that whole feminist experiment story was a load of crap. 

So, while it has certainly always been a kidnapping, I think the difference is plausible deniability and whether, in show, people would be convinced it was a kidnapping. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/21/2022 at 12:56 PM, Mabinogia said:

Unless we find out she's been secretly working for the government and that whole feminist experiment story was a load of crap. 

Why would the government want to lock up a bunch of random teenagers?

I thought the alleged retreat was supposed to be a week long. It’s been 45 days; what has Gretchen told the families? In real life, a group of missing teens would be a big deal - news stories, massive searches. Some of the parents - Fatin’s and Shelby’s - are people of means and would move heaven and earth to find them. 

• Useful 1
44 minutes ago, Shermie said:

I thought the alleged retreat was supposed to be a week long. It’s been 45 days; what has Gretchen told the families? In real life, a group of missing teens would be a big deal - news stories, massive searches. Some of the parents - Fatin’s and Shelby’s - are people of means and would move heaven and earth to find them. 

Yea, I would really like to know more about that as well. Based on what we saw with Ian, it kinda seems like it hasn’t been big news somehow.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Shermie said:

Why would the government want to lock up a bunch of random teenagers?

I remember Gretchen talking with one set of parents (Lea's I think) where it was revealed the girl was told it was a week/weekend and it was really the whole summer. So I am sure there are cover stories in place with all of the families.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I am SO glad that the guys all believed Josh (except Raf, who I think believed him in the end at least) 

So, the cameras didn't catch Seth going around the camp cutting all the microphones?! And if these microphones are all over the girl island too, you're telling me no one has found even one?!

I knew she was alive!!!!!!

• Love 1