Type keyword(s) to search

X-Files Episode Elimination Game

First boot is Tithonus with 5 votes. Second Anasazi with 4. Syzygy got 3 votes 10p, Eve 3 votes 7p and Je Souhaite lives to ser another day with 3 votes 6p. Squeeze, Field Trip, Wetwired, Jose Chung's and Leonard Betts got 2 votes.

Season 1, 3 and 4 is in the lead with four episodes each left. Surprisingly, season 2 and, not so surprisingly, season 7 is last with only one episode left.

Squeeze

Ice

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

One Breath

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Pusher

José Chung's 'From Outer Space'

Wetwired

Paper Hearts

Leonard Betts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Detour

Bad Blood

How The Ghosts Stole Christmas

Field Trip

Je Souhaite

Vote for three episodes in order you want them gone.

JOSE BLEEPING CHUNG'S FROM OUTER BLEEPING SPACE

;)

Darkness Falls

Ice

I wish I could love these as much as you guys do, I really do.

BLANKETY-BLANK!  WHY YOU KEEP BLEEPING VOTING FOR SOME OF MY FAVORITE BLEEPING EPISODES, TARYN?!?!

giphy.gif

• Love 3

It pained me to vote for HTGSC, but I just couldn't pick another episode to put before it (Squeeze almost got that slot instead, but first season nostalgia won out).  Now, if JCFOS goes out this early, I will spontaneously combust.

Je Souhaite bites it with 4 votes and between the 3 votees Field Trip and Leonard Betts is out in that order. HTGSC, Wetwired and Paper Hearts also received 3 votes. Jose Chung's got 2.

Squeeze

Ice

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

One Breath

Pusher

Wetwired

Paper Hearts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Detour

Bad Blood

How The Ghosts Stole Christmas

Edited by joelene

Boo, queequeg boo!!!

HTGSC

Paper Hearts

Memento Mori

If it's any consolation, HTGSC is probably my 3rd fav of what's left.  :)  And it's totally gonna be toast this round... womp womp.

• Love 1

Squeeze

Wetwired

HTGSC

Some of my votes just feel so arbitrary.  Like I'm rolling a many-sided die because I just can't decide on anything.  I love all these episodes so much.

To entertain myself, I tried ranking the remaining episodes.  As always, I have my number one and number two.  And, after much deliberation, I managed to whittle down my number three slot to a two-way tie (one of which is JCFOS, so clearly some of y'all are crazy <g>).  But I couldn't get any further with number four than a four-way tie, at which point I gave up.

• Love 2

Three episode is out with four votes this round. Squeeze goes first (10p), ouch! Wetwired and How the Ghosts Stole Christmas is next and scored the same (8p). Paper Hearts got 3 votes. Ice, Darkness Falls and Jose Chung's got 2 votes.

Ice

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

One Breath

Pusher

Paper Hearts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Detour

Bad Blood

Ohhhhh man.  Writing down these titles for elimination is freaking painful.  I'm sorry, my lovelies!  I really do love you!

One Breath

Darkness Falls
Detour

Oh no!  Is Ice going to go out in this round?  Not my beloved Ice.  It's not its time yet!

• Love 1

Oh no!  Is Ice going to go out in this round?  Not my beloved Ice.  It's not its time yet!

Change Ice to Darkness Falls and that's me. 

I love all the remaining episodes, so voting for them is hard and seeing any of them go causes a "But that's so good!" reaction.  But some of them are in my "I don't quite know when it should go out, but certainly not now" category.

Out of nowhere One Breath gets almost all the votes and is out first with 6. Second is Darkness Falls with 5 votes, which I think is extra sad, and third is Paper Hearts with 4 votes. Ice was close behind with 3 votes.

Yikes, only nine episodes left!

Ice

Beyond The Sea

Pusher

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Detour

Bad Blood

Vote for two episodes in the order you want them gone.

Edited by joelene

I don't know what to dooooooo!  I am going to go against the grain (it seems) and not vote for Memento Mori.  But instead...yep.  Oh man.  I'm voting for Beyond the Sea.  I feel a little bit crazy to do so, but...I just can't pull the trigger on any of the others.  Ack!  This whole thing is so difficult!

Detour

Beyond The Sea

At this stage of the game, with nothing but beloved episodes left and thus elimination votes being cast based on the tiniest of things, MM got my vote because of the awful VOs. 

(Ice got my vote on the "Well, I certainly can't vote for anything else on the list" theory.)

MM got my vote because of the awful VOs.

Right, and I was very close to voting for it for the same reason.  The only reason I didn't is because, in the end, I go back to MM more often than I go back to BtS.  BtS is a phenomenal episode, but I find it kind of exhausting to watch because of the intensity of the Luther Lee Boggs character.  And at this point I think this has become a game of which episodes I rewatch the most as much as anything else.  

• Love 1